Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Because Georgia O'Keefe is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I can't even imagine how someone could be bored watching The Fly.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

zenintrude posted:

Started watching World on a Wire which reminded me that The Thirteenth Floor existed...

I loving loved World on a Wire. I took a half day off work just to see it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Vampira homage?

More like Lisa Marie homage. At least, that's who I thought it was when I saw the trailer for the first time.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alhazred posted:

Most of them seems to be lovely copies of better posters though:

I always hate defending Tyler Perry, but surely the fact that they are parody posters with a man in drag replacing whatever serious actor the original poster had is the textbook definition of burlesque.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
If you think a straight faced, closeted Southern Baptist in drag doing a fuckin' Straw Dogs parody isn't funny, I don't know what to tell you.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, that one's about a young man who is a boxer who's going to make it to the top of middleweight boxing and is trained by Mr. T. Ernie Hudson's the villain who blackmails him or something and takes his sister hostage before the big fight (which takes place in the prison because the much coveted title is apparently being held by an inmate). It features Mr. T killing Ernie Hudson with his bare hands.

The whole Penitentiary trilogy is worth watching.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Holy moley, I've gotta see that.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Coffee And Pie posted:

And from what I remember of the trailer, the black guy is played by a white guy.

The nonchalant hipster girl looks exactly the same, though.

Is she credited as "Amber Lamps"?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I've never been fond of the super smart kid who knows everything character, so Hard Candy was infuriating to me. Ellen Paige was incredible though in her ability to play that character.

Yeah, I try to go along with wherever a movie wants to take me with its characters, but there's a handful of types I cannot take and the "super precocious, hyper competent teen" is one of them. It's right next to "genius serial killer" terms of lovely character types that keep getting reused thoughtlessly.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Did that discussion really take place? That is laughable.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

I was just about to post these.

What an odd direction for that campaign.

It's very post-Avatar.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

So here's our new one. This film got snatched up and fast-tracked and we had to turn this around super fast with Alcon.

I will listen to and accept any and all criticisms and flimsily defend ourselves while blaming the other company for anything you don't like.

I thought the trailer was neat, it got played in the front of Cabin In The Woods in this area. Am I correct in thinking it'll be The Hills Have Eyes in Pripyat?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Has Stallone had more plastic surgery that fixed the trainwreck that is his face, or did they basically use a picture of him from 20 years ago? Dude is looking pretty fresh-faced in that poster. Seems like more than even heavy photoshopping could accomplish considering he was starting to look like some patchwork frankensteins monster.

Don't be fooled, he still looks like a skinned ape.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Based on a true story that someone told the screenwriter in a bar.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

penismightier posted:

Legitimately one of the coolest guys in that movie.

Undisputed 3, yet another modern action flick Expendables couldn't light the farts of.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Doflamingo posted:

I think it's all that wasted potential. He could've been so much more!

Than what? A guy making bank with the easiest job in the world?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Farbtoner posted:

You know how Disney War had that whole chapter about how Hillary Duff got kicked out of Disney because of her crazy mom's demands and then her career fizzled away without them backing her? It looks like Miley Cyrus is entering that same downward spiral.

No I didn't, and now I have a new book to read.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
In the trailer, Guy Pearce looks an awful lot like Crispin Glover.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Very reminiscent of "Great things come in bears".

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Pakled posted:

Basically, they make more money from Cars movies. Not through the box office (a simple look at wikipedia can tell you that the Cars series are some of their worst-performing movies), but through merchandise. I guess kids really love cars with faces, because none of their other franchises sell as much merchandise as Cars. But hey, if for every Cars movie Pixar can produce an Up and a Wall-E, then I'm perfectly fine with it.

Very few of Disney's franchises in general are as much of a merchandising bonanza as Cars.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Always nice to see someone miss the point of They Live.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Let's see. Four Stars from the rag known as the Daily Mail; 'Spectacularly Watchable' seems like such a backhanded compliment from The Times, and generic box cover words from The Sun.

I really hate this. It looks like Chloe Sevigny, who I love, doing a Ms. 45 thing, which I also love. But those tags are like caution tape.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Transamerica meets Grosse Pointe Blank.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Cacator posted:

"The Brown Bunny" besides being terrible, ruined her career for me. I keep thinking instead of "Golden Globe Winner" it should say "Dude she totally gave that guy a BJ in that movie."

I can see how that would be a Ned Beatty moment for some people but it's in the context of a love scene. She's not forced at gunpoint to give Vince Gallo a blowjob. I never really thought of that as demeaning and the prudish fake shock reaction is just ridiculous and silly. People have filmed non-simulated sex before.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

HoldYourFire posted:

Did Deliverance really turn people off Ned Beatty? I assume that's what you're referring to.

To some degree, yeah.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This might seem like a simple and academic question, but what's wrong with that? Why would being symmetrical be a requisite for the design? Is it a "balance" thing?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I realize that, but I'm asking what the rationale behind your criticism is. As a dumbass layman, I'm asking "so what?"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Even if I totally disagree, I see what you're talking about now. Cheers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Galifinakis looks to be doing Jack Black in Bernie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Robert Denby posted:

Hey. Hey! HEY!! You remember "Inception"? Our movie is totally like "Inception"! "Inception"! Remember "Inception"? This is the new "Inception"! "INCEPTION"!

That actually looks like an interesting idea.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Okay, suddenly I'm very interested.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LesterGroans posted:

New poster for V/H/S

Sick.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Aatrek posted:

I would have titled it Retaken.

I would have called it I Will Find You.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Teenage Fansub posted:

This is all I think of when saying or hearing "Taken 2" out loud

This is amazing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
You go down to the bioscoop to observe life and you get a fuckin' talking weasel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Madkal posted:

I swear I have seen that faded pose before.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Coriolanus is really fuckin' good but just a hair under Titus.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The movie is also kind of tepid and half baked, and not a hair on the ridiculous HBO miniseries about Saddaam and his sons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

GonSmithe posted:

For more Tom Hardy, please refer to Bronson (in which he is the main character), and Warrior (EVERYONE loving WATCH WARRIOR).

Shouldn't have to be repeated every page but apparently it does! Ignore Nemesis, folks! Watch two movies he was actually good in!