Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

PriorMarcus posted:

I dislike every single on of these.

I dislike them because they don't suit the films at all, it's just minimalist art for the sake of it, and on top of that it's not even well done minimalist art.

In my opinion, just awful.

Absolutely, true. Faux-antique minimalist posters might look good on your bedroom wall, but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Legion of One posted:

Oh My God the piranhas can fly now?

For the quality of movie I'm expecting, this is a surprisingly nice poster.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Still think Troy should have ended in an unrelated sequel bait with someone going towards Odysseus and saying "so what are you going to do now?" then Sean Bean looks at the camera and winks.

"I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife"

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

That's a very good poster, distinctive, the actors aren't photoshopped, and it tells you what it's about. It's amazing what having the leads actually pose for posters at some point during production can do for you.

The perspective on the capital seems odd, but not implausible. And I get why they did the button like that, and I'm sure a lot of people will like it, but I think it obscures the name of the movie.

A-

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Young Freud posted:

It took me a bit to realize what this movie was (I haven't seen the trailer). This is the movie about the returning ad exec who sees aliens psychically feeding on people's anxieties driven by advertising, so he sets out to create a war between them by setting brand against brand? The strange imagery in the poster are the aliens, who look like various advertising mascots and brands.

I think the discussion that starts here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3342275&pagenumber=47&perpage=40#post395784205

Would make for a much better advertisements-in-your-head movie.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Glamorama26 posted:

And now he is happy.

That is a dolphin who has been painted to look like an Orca.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Everything about Burt Wonderstone seems great except Steve Carell, I just can't get excited about any he's done: he even dragged down Anchorman. And he's the title character in this.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Aatrek posted:

Why the hell doesn't that tagline end with a question mark...

Who is the person that decides others' humanity.
What is the protagonist.
I Don't Know is on third.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

If the text on that Titanic poster were more legible, and they hadn't done the fold-lines I would call it good. As is, it's merely clever but poorly implemented.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Same, Mondo makes cool stuff sometimes, but their artificial limiting bullshit leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Artificial limiting has always been the way to make money off of prints. The real problem is that Mondo takes it too far and it creates a backlash. Like us.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I was ready for that book to be so drat sexy.

I felt the same way about "The Sirens of Titan"

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

The dam is named after a different Hoover: the president, not the director of the FBI.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Like I'm not already eager for ski season to start.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Honestly, most of the GI Joes were pretty gaudy. That last one with the awkward Kellan Lutz gun grip in particular made me think of trying to get little plastic men to hold their guns.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

joedevola posted:

Women sure seem to like being naked in the snow.

Why wouldn't they? I sure do

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Skwirl posted:

:doh:

Is there some type of purple/yellow colorblindness I don't know about?

The answer is that this "Vision" character, whom nobody has heard of, is using the effect same upright, legs together, arms spread flying pose that is commonly used by "Magneto," a character people have heard of.

They're also trolling that dude from the previous page who was super upset about it.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

I'm the guy who said "No her underwear needs to be more up her rear end."

All these scratches and bruises are distracting. Just splash a little mud on her.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

My biggest problem with Skyfall is that the bad guy won and the movie doesn't acknowledge it. We're supposed to read the ending as triumphant, yet tinged with sadness. But the guy's only goal was to humiliate, ruin, and kill M. It would have taken about two lines changed for M to have retired because of the wounds but NOPE. And the movie acts like Bond somehow bested him.

Also too referential and "the villain wanted to be caught" but that's a different problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

And one for John Hillcoat's latest, Triple 9.

It kind of looks like a poster for a video game, like that cops v. robbers Battlefield game or something along the lines of GTA.

I can't help but get the feeling from the trailer that this will be another hamhanded 'cops good, protests bad' message a la Dark Knight Rises.