Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Slasherfan posted:

I thought Michael Douglas had cancer, not a stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

Fixed to summarize Mondo in its entirety.

I dunno, they have some good ones. Most aren't spectacular, but every once in a while they come out with a real cracker. (I adore their There Will Be Blood poster)

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Sheldrake posted:

I like dogs. gently caress that dog.

Comedy Dog disapproves of this message.

Bestiality is wrong.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

My boss saw it at Sundance, and she said she really enjoyed it. She usually knows what she's talking about, so I am looking forward to it.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 12, 2012

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

I don't understand why the deer has a zombie head stuck on it's antlers.

This reminds me I've always wanted to see a Zombie movie from the prespective of animals. Not featuring the animals as zombies as this seems to, but rather the animals just watching humanity fall to poo poo and going "Guess it's ours now!"

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

HoldYourFire posted:

I think it's the character's nickname.

Yup. Her name is Lola. So...everyone calls her LOL (Lawl)

gently caress everything about that movie.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Yeah, sitting on the internet until that Nightmare on Elm Street poster goes on sale is gonna be a bitch, but...yeah, doing it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

The Cameo posted:

This is going to be the sort of trash that Pauline Kael would cream herself over.

Well, there's a mental image I did not need.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Yeah, I went to the kitchen to fix breakfast, come back...SOLD OUT.

Goddddddamnit.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Haha, that picture is a promotional still from The Dark Knight. Not even the same loving movie. That's magical.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I'd like to think that Batman and Bane just had their eyes out due to the lighting used, and then the exec went

"Oh poo poo, their eyes are gone, if her's aren't it'll be too jarring. black hers out too."

"Uh...Sure."

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I read Shakey as Shakes, and thought that it might be some bizarre sequel to Shakes the Clown.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

People making GBS threads on the Dark Knight Rises will never cease to amuse me. Nolan Backlash at it's dumbest.

The only mis-step I've seen so far was that awful poster with him pasted in front of the teaser poster. The trailers were good, the other posters were good, I LOVED the prologue they showed on IMAX, and everything I see gets me more excited.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Another DKR banner:

I like that one. :shobon:

That's a cool concept. I mean, it's a little pasted together, but I like that they give him the iconic cape over the shoulder look. He's never sported that in the Nolan films really.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Besides being a tad boring, what the gently caress is wrong with those?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

DKWildz posted:

Some 'fan made' Dark Knight Rises posters featuring the supporting characters. I believe it's a guy on reddit.

I like that of all the posters, Alfred is the only smart enough to bring an umbrella.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

This is all I think of when saying or hearing "Taken 2" out loud

This is loving magical.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

kiimo posted:

The guy that did this loves this kind of poo poo. He was also responsible for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LppK4ZtsDdM

Tell him he's goddamn awesome.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

So she can walk on water now?

Seriously, Resident Evil. You're 5 movies deep, now. Are you ever going to get around to making the game story? Because there's no relation at all anymore.

It's like the modern version of Italians doing "sequels" to American movies.

She's actually walking on Ice, it seems.

Still, your point remains about the movies having nothing to do with the games. I just want a movie based on RE4 so bad.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Noxville posted:

Sexually robust?

It's about the invention of the Vibrator, so I guess that makes sense.

Telling that to little old ladies who ask what the film is about is probably the best part of my theater getting that film. Our poster also has the decapitated woman at the bottom under the poster credits. It's kind of weird.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Dr Mantis Toboggan posted:

Was Tony Tango ever released online? I think I got drunk and promised that I would watch it.

Did that Keith Lemon poster remind you of Tony Tango too? I went to the website. Seems like it's still unreleased, surprise surprise.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Don't worry, as it's closer to release they'll make some posters of just the faces of the main characters, mugging for the camera to show just how kooky and zany the movie will be.

They'll probably have taglines under them too, like "The Girl", "The Dog", "The Man of Metal", "The Strawman", the "The King", and "The Wiz".

Dorthy and friends will not be in it. it's a movie about the Wizard.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

BARONS DEF CHARGER posted:

YIPPY
KI-YAY
MISTER
FALCON

I got bored.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

It's Die Hard 2 where that edit comes in!

But it's still pretty funny.

Yeah, I knew that, but Mister Falcon worked so much better in the format than Mother Fucker. It also makes me laugh more. Think of it as a Social Network poster for the Die Hard movies in general.

Edit: Eh, gently caress it, why not.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 5, 2012

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

redjenova posted:

This sounds like it's just going to be another Your Highness. What.

I am sure James Franco will be tokin' it up the whole way through this Disney film, yes.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't the entire story behind this, but haven't a lot of people who've seen parts of it say it looks like poo poo?

The 48fps looks...different, but people who are worried need not be. The film will be released in 24fps and will look just fine.

Dude who mentioned "chaos": LOTR had splinter units and that turned out just fine. I don't see how it's a problem. Sounds like you know some whiny people who just happen to work on The Hobbit.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Has there been an explanation for the goofy mask, or do I need to wait 12 more days?

It's a mask that disperses an painkiller inhalant. Apparently Bane suffered injuries in his younger days that are so painful that without the mask, he'd be in constant agony and might even die.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Maarak posted:

Maybe Bane was a in the day care room of that ninja monastery that Bruce burned down?

Bruce goes to Gotham right after that, and the rest of the events of Begins take place in six or so months. Then there is about six months between Begins and Dark Knight, and eight years are beween that and TDKR. It's not unreasonable that Bane was in the Monastery as a fellow Ninja student.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

kiimo posted:

Cons:

-I've never seen Tom Hardy in anything so he doesn't strike a chord with me in any way.
-Anne Hathaway rubs me the wrong way in most things, as Catwoman especially.
-There are football players blowing up. "Ain't life a bitch?" comes to mind.
-The Pittsburgh Steelers ruin everything.

You whine about the dumbest poo poo sometimes.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

kiimo posted:

All I'm saying is that I don't think the campaign has been spectacular and it has a lot going against it for me personally. I'm not trying to convince anyone not to see it or anything or even to agree with my views on it.

No, I get that, but man, those are the nitpickiest nitpicks to ever be nitpicked.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Psalmanazar posted:

Two of your arguments were "I don't like that football team" and "The football team all gets killed"

Specifically "Football. They make lots of money, so why should I feel bad they die?"

I love your posts, kiimo, but...that's really digging for things to complain about.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

You mean other than the fact that he's one of the stars in the biggest action movie of the summer, which is also one of the most profitable movies ever made?

Wrong Brother.

It's Liam Hemsworth in Expendables. The closest Hemsworth has been to action is Hunger Games, and he doesn't do poo poo in that movie.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Noxville posted:

He's eating a sandwich, you can see his little hands holding it.

You son of a bitch.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

"Found footage of an expedition into the Congo jungle where a team of explorers stumbles upon a colony of Dinosaurs."

I hope it's more adventure than horror.

It looks like Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World but with handy-cameras.

I dig it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Jesus, It's a painting? I thought they just got a poo poo ton of sticky poo poo and posted it on there. That's...a lot of goddamn work.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Farbtoner posted:

Aswang! Women that live in giant vats of vinegar and can detach their heads (with entrails attached) to fly around and suck the fetuses out pregnant women.

The mythology in the Phillipines is totally bonkers and overlooked.

Those seem more like Penanggalan from Malaysian folklore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penanggalan

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I think the Penanggalan has the coolest way to defeat it. Find the body while the head and entrails are out being creepy and poo poo, then fill the cavity with broken glass. When she comes back and tries to go back in her body, she'll destroy her organs on the glass.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Chieves posted:

Speaking of absurdly typecasted actors, Will Ferrell should really do more serious stuff. He's a really good straight man, as seen in Stranger Than Fiction.

Stranger than Fiction is a great great movie. He is so underplayed and the supporting cast is wonderful too.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Catherine Zeta-Jones is turning into Rachel Ray apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Peanut President posted:

Ah I get you.

Also this movie will bomb big time but it will still get a sequel just like Atlas Shrugged.

MGM can't really afford to fund the sequels of movies that are failures. Atlas Shrugged is getting a sequel because it's independently funded by a complete whack job who ignores the fact that that the people had their say about an Atlas Shrugged movie and they said "no."