Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

AndyP posted:

What pisses me off about these is the horrible misrepresentation of the movie. Similar to the Trust DVD covers on the first page, they took a fairly slow coming of age drama that deals with some fairly heavy themes, and marketed it as a Narnia cash in.

I don't know, the girl looks a bit strange. Like Robert Zemecki thought "No, she's not terrifying enough to be in one of my CG-movies!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Carthag posted:

Danish movie posters

All Danish comedies from the late 70s had those posters.

Which just made me appreciate the fact, that when Danish comedian Anders Matthesen released his movie, Sorte Kugler (Lit: Black Balls), a couple of years ago, the poster was done in the same style:

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Everytime I see the poster for THE accidental HUSBAND, I always think to myself "I didn't know that Robert Downey Jr. was in this movi- Oh."

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

This year… they're going to do it… again!

Did they hire Robert Zemeckis to do that poster? Tejo's face looks like something out of Nightmare Central The Polar Express.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Man, Farmer Hoggett is looking old there :(

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Nah, I also have a soft spot for Schwarzenegger, so seeing a poster with him makes me smile. Hello, old friend :unsmith:

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Hahaha, that's brilliant and terrible.

Now is it me or does something seem off with Xzibits body/head?

Guy to the right of Xzibit looks like he's suffered a minor stroke just before this movie. I hope he makes it :ohdear:

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

What in loving hell is this? Wait, it's actually called "Klovn"? And there's more posters?

So… they illustrated that suit and then dropped a Photoshop-filtered head behind it. :wtc:

As for the first one, I have no idea why they decided to spell it "klown", except perhaps because it resembles the english word closer. The movie is called "Klovn the movie" in Danish, literally "Clown the movie". It's based on a TV-show, which again was inspired by Curb your Enthusiasm.
As for the second poster, the actor on the right is actually body painted and buck naked.
You want to see something :nws:? They did make another poster for Klovn the Movie: :nws:http://i.imgur.com/faPQe.jpg:nws:

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Is the character supposed to be gay because it appears the only other man on the poster is the one touching his dick.

I don't think so. In fact, the entire premise of the movie (As far as I know, haven't seen it) is that this dude wants to go on some sort of "Tour de pussy".

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Jefferoo posted:

Also Idris loving Elba.

Don't get me wrong, he looks like someone I really wouldn't piss off, but who is he? Is he a well-known actor?

Never the less, I'll be watching this movie like hell. The premiss sounds badass!

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

An actually talented artist could run with this concept and make something pretty fantastic.

Perhaps, but my meme infected brain can only parse that poster as "Hammer Time!". I don't know if that's fitting or not.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Either Bond has really poor footing on that ladder or his foot is on backwards. I don't like either implication.

There is something very wrong about this poster. I can't put my finger on it, but it's somehow... unpleasant to look at.

I like to imagine a gold ring on one of their fingers. It just makes the image a bit more... tasteful.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

Am I the only person who finds it odd when someone says just just bought something on DVD?
What else would he buy it on? Is it out on Bluray?

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Xenophon posted:

How come the story and direction is by RZA but the screenplay is by The RZA

I cannot unsee this

Why is he called The, anyway? Was there another RZA and this guy wanted to make sure he was the real deal?
My only exposure to Wu-Tang Clan was that Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style fighting game that was released back in 1999.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Slasherfan posted:

So it probably took someone 10 minutes to put this mess together.

Man, who needs Photoshop installed, when you MS Paint comes pre-installed on every Windows computer? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Saturniid19 posted:

Now my Spanish is a little rusty, but I think that says "Mystery of the Druids."

That's so close to Screaming Druid that it can't be unintentional. Just look at it!