Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Vintersorg posted:

McFarlane toys did a "3d" version of that poster along with others, they are pretty great.

I have to buy all of those. Right now. gently caress not having any money, I'll take out a loan or something. Future me can worry about it and he's a dick.

How large are those by the way? I tried googling it but couldn't find any info or pictures of them next to anything but blank walls but maybe I'm just a moron.

e:
Found some pictures, they are pretty small but that also means they turned out to be a lot cheaper then I expected:
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90383

Febreeze posted:

Yeah, and that is probably the worst, or at least the most boring PF album cover. Even the guy behind it wasn't terribly positive how it came out.
Almost everything after Piper is boring Proggy musical masturbation.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jedit posted:

Because he was a friggin' lunatic and I don't like watching people go insane on camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4sg459P8m4
He was a ego-maniac with rage problems but I wouldn't go so far as calling him insane.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Parachute posted:

Why does Diane Keaton wear a scarf all the time? I recently caught "Because I Said So" on TV a few weeks ago and she has her neck covered throughout the entire film.

She is a vampire and is hiding the bitemarks.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 12, 2012

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hrafninn Sýgur :smug:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

kiimo posted:

It looks like Cage is sort of sporting a Scientology tattoo.
I assume you mean the valknot, the symbol of Odin:

which does sort of look like the Scientology logo®©™ to the untrained eye:

spamman posted:

That was a really good movie that already had great posters. Having said that, putting the guns on it may generate more sales. Have there been studies done on this kind of thing?

I know my dad will go to DVD sales and buy pretty much anything with a gun or that looks a bit actiony but I'm not sure if he's really the norm.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 19, 2012

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Keith Lemon is what Bruce Forsyth and Jonathon Ross would be if you stripped all of the poo poo jokes and were just upfront about ogling the cohost/guest on stage. And he's loving hilarious for it.

You misspelled Jonathan Woss.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 2, 2012

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like this.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

:stare:
No

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The local independent movie theater has a thing where every sunday they show a cult classic. They also get a different artist to design a new poster each week:

By Bobby Breiđholt

By Lóa Hlín Hjálmtýsdóttir

By Ómar Örn Hauksson.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

feedmyleg posted:

This is terrible and is a great example of what's wrong with 99% of fan "minimalist" posters.

It looks quite stylish but it's probably the least Big Trouble in Little China-esque poster imaginable.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope Warm Bodies is just a hetero version of Bruce LaBruce's Otto

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ez posted:

Bruce LaBruce? They successfully invented the gayest name possible.

Unsurprisingly the man that made this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8JK0CLsHRQ
is not the straightest arrow in the quiver.

So as I've mentioned before the local independent theater has a thing where they show a cult film each sunday and get an artist to design a new poster for each film.

ZardoZ
by Ómar Hauksson

Nice and simple. Doesn't really tell you all that much about Zardoz but neither does the movie itself.

Freaks
by Sólveig Pálsdóttir.

I like this one since it looks like it could have been made when the movie first came out and captures the feel of the film pretty well.

Carnival of Souls
by Kolbeinn Hugi Höskuldsson.

The font is a bit cheesy looking but for the most part I like this one. Even if you took away the title you'd know right away that it's a spooky movie featuring a carnival and probably some phantoms.

Hausu
by Geoffrey Ţ. Huntingdon-Williams.

:stare:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A bunch of poster comissioned for screenings of cult films:

High Plains Drifter Sara Riel.

A bit too much grain but I like the general design. Captures the spirit of the film fairly well.

Solaris[/b] by Davíđ Örn Halldórsson.

I think this might be going for the same thing as "The Ultimate Trip" ads for 2001.

Morđsaga(Murdertale) by Friđgeir Jóhannes Kristjánsson & Jónas Reynir Gunnarsson.

The list reads "Lust, Drugs, Twisted domestic life, incest, Disco"

In The Realm of The Senses

I haven't seen the film but I'm told it has boobies and I think this gets that across fairly well. Classy,stylish, Asian boobies.

Incredible Shrinking Man by Hugleikur Dagsson

I'm fairly certain this is supposed to be a joke. Maybe even a dig at mimimalist poster design.

Santa Claus Conquers The Martians by Halldór Baldursson

I really like this one. It's probably better than the film itself.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A good fan poster.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I find baseball about as interesting as the history of accounting in Finland but this really makes me want to see the movie. It's just plain great and eye catching.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This is just glorious.

e:
No poo poo?
V V V V

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 18, 2013

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Two Worlds posted:

From what I heard, Tarantino wrote Django with Smith in mind the whole time, but Smith didn't want to be associated with "black guy who kills white people and enjoys it."

I've also heard Idris Elba was considered at some point.
I imagine a Will Smith Django would have been more charismatic and smooth while a Idris Elba Django would have been a bit more of a tough guy badass while Foxx managed to be a bit of both.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

casa de mi padre posted:

Pretty cool poster though. And with regards to the naval thing, the last one opened with people getting into lifeboats! Space, it's an ocean.

Space as a ocean has been a thing for a while. Astro- and Cosmonaut literally mean Space- and Universe-Sailor

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Some more poster commissioned for special screenings:

A bit unusual but it fits.

This tells me everything I need to know.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A Deep Red fan poster made for a weekly cult-movie screening event

By this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oecd6PcbotA

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 24, 2013

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That Cleopatra doesn't look very Greco-Egyptian but theme song more than makes up for that vile inaccuracy.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

zenintrude posted:

Although if your idea of the best crime film ever made is a pastiche of Seven and the Keystone Cops, I guess this is the movie for you.

Ok now I just have to see this movie because it if this comparison is even slightly valid it has got be the best crime film ever made.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

zenintrude posted:

How else would you describe it? I suppose you could go the Tarantino route and call it an Eastern, but that might get confusing.

Also both of those posters are great and the movie is fantastic, especially the massive chase scene set to Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. Gave me goosebumps.

Aren't Soviet Westerns called Easterns?
At least the ones that take place in the eastern steppes.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BisonDollah posted:

So what posters do we actually own and display? I found myself so close to spending a week's wages on a Thai 'The Return of the Living Dead' poster when half-pissed last night.

I used to have a really nice and stylish Clockwork Orange poster put it got ripped and all I have now is some Blacklisted poster I got for free at a hardcore show in 2007 and a poorly cut poster of Marx. I own a Star Wars poster but don't have a frame to hang it properly so it just sits there, collecting dust and mocking me by not being on a wall.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ariza posted:

edit - wanted to add this:

I like this poster, it is dumb and makes me smile.

That's a remake of Á Annan Veg from 2011 if I'm not mistaken.

Which is a pretty good film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4_bRFudcQE

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 1, 2013

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like the Les Mis one. Even if I had no idea what the film was about that poster would tell me there is some sort of revolution and sadness.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Something that just has a blank background could look dull while something with a crumpled paper texture only looks stupid. Also it often might be an attempt to make stuff look vaguely retro.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If I remember correctly Zoe and the rest of the group were meant to play a larger part in the film but quite a few of their scenes got cut since the film was like 900 hours long.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

ThatPazuzu posted:

I really love this sentence. Nobody gives a poo poo about compound words... or anything anymore. You go from frustrated middle school English teacher to complete nihilist in one sentence.

Finnish is a synonym for nihilist.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It could also be used as a ad for paint thinner.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Give it a try. Everyone loves skeletons and GBS 2.1 was created by giving GBS spooky new rules. Skeletons are spooky so it'll probably work.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Dec 2, 2013

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Corek posted:

Evil Dead 2

The original is a better comedy and a better horror movie. Just a better movie in general.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That's probably the most noir poster I've ever seen. Which would be neat if Back to the Future 2 was a noir film.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Waffleman_ posted:

Would you believe that this was an adaptation of Yojimbo?

What isn't?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Gattaca is pretty good and very funny. The sound design is ace.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Instead of a trilogy they should just make indvidual movies with smaller stories set in the Star Wars universe. A film noir on Coruscant, a western on Tatooine, blaxploitation in Cloud City starring that guy with the icecream machine.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Reminds me of:

and a bunch of posters commisioned for screenings of cult and/or classic films:
M

Donnie Darko

Near Dark

Lizard in a Woman's Skin

Westworld

The Innocents

Possession

More here
http://svartirsunnudagar.tumblr.com/

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Corek posted:

Napoleon isn't holding a weapon there, though.

Napoleon knew the ancient Japanese arts of Karate. His hands were considered lethal weapons.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Thanks to Chuck Norris facts, which are like 8 years old by the way, there are tons of people who know about Chuck but dont know he's an actor or even that he isn't fictonal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I think he might just hate Australians. I mean who can blame them. If there anything The Proposition, Wake in Fright and Neighbors have taught me it's that Australians are a nation of sweaty goblinoids that draw nourishment from misery and hatred. Except for Harold of course.