Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I could care
less.

Doesn't that entire movie take place on the road? This looks like it's some kind of urban Straw Dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

He was perfectly cast in We're The Millers.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

When I watched Gravity in the theatre, there was a couple in front of me who clearly thought it was too long. They got up when Sandra Bullock's character gives up in the escape pod, just before Clooney shows up again.

They ended up returning to their seats two minutes later. I guess they originally intended to beat the rush of people leaving, which didn't exist because it was an early afternoon showing?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

That movie is 83 minutes long without credits. On what planet is that 'too long':wtc:

Which is what I found confusing as well. It also means that they would settle for the ending being (again, spoilers for Gravity)someone just giving up and turning off the oxygen, which is pretty drat bleak.

Ah well, years ago I was watching One Hour Photo in the theater and a young couple left about 45 minutes in. They ended up returning a half hour later and stayed until the end. Some toilet break that must have been!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 9, 2013

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'm hoping for a Godzuki cameo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTItRfN-LO8

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Art of the Title has a great behind the scenes article about the creation of that intro. I imagine the greatness of the title has a lot to do with the involvement of the actual people creating the show. If you read Art of the Title frequently you'll note that for TV shows it usually involves companies making pitches based on very little information and being mostly left to tinker in their own little world.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's a shame it isn't a DC property so we could have him saying "Su-per-man" :unsmith:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

davidspackage posted:

That's the one thing I don't like so far about Guardians of the Galaxy, since Vin's voice is awesome. But maybe they'll play around with it a lot.

And one line doesn't exclude grunts, laughs, cries of pain, expressions of confusion and what not. It's not like Marcel Marceau in Mel Brooks' Silent Movie.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The question was what popularized the trend though. There were 3 years between Michael Clayton and The Social Network. There was just one year between TSN and Thor.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I didn't expect much from the second Thor movie either and that pleasantly surprised me.

Then again, I pretty much see every IMAX 3D movie anyway to get the most out of the subscription service of the cinema I frequent. You could say my ticket is paid in advance.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The MSJ posted:

A lot of people seems to saying her eyes are too far apart, but apparently that's just how she looks.

To be honest, that's the first thing I noticed about her too. It's like the uncanny valley with an actual human being.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

kiimo posted:

Please abort the Jennifer Lawrence is fat derail as quickly as possible.

It just means there is more of her to love :allears:

Apparently they gave her a bodysuit for this movie, instead of it being entirely make-up. That must have been a relief for her. I believe one of the reasons why there was no Nightcrawler in X-Men: The Last Stand was because Alan Cummings didn't want to experience those make-up marathons again.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 25, 2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I really wanted to follow that post up with the cover from Repossessed, but all I can find is crappy alternative covers instead of the one that mimics The Naked Gun.

Edit: Ah, here we go.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Apr 27, 2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

AndyP posted:

Too bad he looks like a mummified Gary Busey.

I believe the movie is about him finding an awesome lasergun attachment for his arm which gradually turns him into some kind of ghoul.

I saw it on television when I was eight and it gave me nightmares for a while. I'd like to think I was too young to see how much of a lovely movie it was, because I had no problems after seeing Gremlins around the same time.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

If he didn't feel good about his role on the Fresh Prince I doubt he would have had two stints on soap operas. I'm guessing the steady paycheck and residuals from a television show make a nice side gig for a theater actor.

He also got to play a witty & snarky British butler for more than half a decade. You could do worse when it comes to iconic roles.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I may have been thinking Robert Davi and Wes Studi were the same actor until a minute ago.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

BlueBayou posted:

Robin Williams is in the upcoming Night at the Museum sequel, huh?

dag

Maybe there won't be a fourth one now. The noblest of sacrifices.

You could learn something from that, Owen Wilson!

Edit: I'd link to a poster for The Final Cut but all I can find is terrible DVD covers and the Pink Floyd album of the same name.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 12, 2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

That dude is literally in the movie for about eight seconds.

I think they might have cut some scenes from that whole Dejima part of the movie, because they cast an actual Dutch actor as the leader of the colony and he didn't even have any dialogue.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

When I first saw that trailer for Dracula Untold I thought "someone liked that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 trailer so much they made a movie around it".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKsEPoJMuKY&t=53s

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

This is probably the most respectful mention of an actor who became a star AFTER the movie on a cover ever. As opposed to just making a cover that is a close-up of the big celeb (probably a publicity shot in which he/she looks nothing like in the movie) with the title above it in a large font and some of the other things in the movie in the background somewhere, who gives a poo poo, eh?

However I can't help but think they wouldn't have shown this restraint if he wasn't a child at the time.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 4, 2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

CaptainHollywood posted:

I had to look up several sites to make sure this was real.

I would never have guessed this was the plot:

After the untimely death of her mother in a Montauck surfing accident, Beckett, 16, and her father, novelist Miles Warner, move to the city to begin a new life. Enrolled at the exclusive Hamilton preparatory school in Riverdale, Becekett finds first love and discovers that the school is run by a coven of beautiful and seductive women who perpetuate their fountain of youth by drinking the blood of virgins.

So, do they end up foiling the wicked women's plan by having a massive orgy? That would be a more effective solution than somehow hoping that ~~**love conquers all**~~

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Pascallion posted:

Summary of the works of Mamoru Oshii
Q: Am I human?
A: Yes.

More like
A: [insert quotation of philosopher/thinker that doesn't actually answer the question]

I like Innocence a lot, but some of the dialogue is really quotations for the sake of quotations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

Looks more like he's checking out her butt.

He's just checking out the asscension.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That poster was made to be a video game cover. And in fact, I owned the Game Boy game of it as a kid but I've still never seen the movie. The game was hard as gently caress, though. I never even got close to beating it, IIRC.

I think I finished the first level once, because I always kept running out of time. Me and my brother owned 50+ GB games and that was by far the worst one, even in comparison to other lovely licensed games.

I never thought the movie was all that bad, but I guess that's because I was part of the target audience at the time.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 12, 2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Where's my gritty Bombur poster?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

I can hardly BEAR this conversation.

Wait. gently caress.

Please leaf this thread before this digression takes root.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

They're simultaneously releasing two versions of Warcraft telling the same story, one from the Horde perspective and one from the Alliance perspective.

Warcraft: The Disappearance of Eleanor Doomhammer.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Or you know, the very first one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Jedit posted:

It's hard to draw a poster based on things you haven't seen.

That didn't stop people in the sixties and seventies.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I think I knew the original of every one but this one. I know I've seen it before, but the title just doesn't come to mind.

Love those posters BTW.

Edit: It's Purple Rain. Phew, problem solved.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Will Asylum do a crappy* horror spoof called Mortdecay?

I am aware that "crappy" is redundant here.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

"It is The Expendables meets RED..."
A future tag-line taken from an online review that isn't meant as a compliment and entices no one to buy the movie.

"They're getting too old for this poo poo"
The tag-line that should have been on there (it would work even if Danny Glover wasn't in it).

Edit: "They ain't dying of old age"
Pay me, movie studios.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jan 20, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The tagline translates to "nailed to your seat you will be watching..." :v:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Star Man posted:

Is that the robot from Appleseed?

No, it's this guy.

Contra games in Europe featured robots until the 32-bit era. It's one of those weird things like the UK's allergy to ninjas in those days.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Confusion is a very undesirable thing when selling movies. That's why DVDs manufactured for the Netherlands + Belgium have both the original and French title on the cover (although in a smaller font).

I am totally not confused by the French titles, working as intended!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Feb 18, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

What do we even know about the live-action GITS movie besides that Scarlet Johansson is in it? Is that even definite?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I still expect the shoe to drop at some point and *GASP* 47 isn't really the bad guy.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Uh, the iconic Hitman line is "I need to use the bathroom", thank you very much.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I think he took a deliberate time-out from acting after After Earth. It takes more than a bomb for someone like that to become a washed up actor.

Edit: http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/interviews/a9938/will-smith-interview-0315/

quote:

WS: Wild Wild West was less painful than After Earth because my son was involved in After Earth and I led him into it. That was excruciating. What I learned from that failure is how you win. I got reinvigorated after the failure of After Earth. I stopped working for a year and a half. I had to dive into why it was so important for me to have number-one movies. And I never would have looked at myself in that way. I was a guy who, when I was fifteen my girlfriend cheated on me, and I decided that if I was number one, no woman would ever cheat on me. All I have to do is make sure that no one's ever better than me and I'll have the love that my heart yearns for. And I never released that and moved into a mature way of looking at the world and my artistry and love until the failure of After Earth, when I had to accept that it's not a good source of creation.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Rahonavis posted:

Anyway, Marlon Brando's list is missing this impressively awkward thing.

Michael looks creepier than Billy Drago in that video, which is an achievement of it's own.