Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
And this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Sockser posted:

Man, the Dark Knight posters loving ruled.

Shame it basically went the way of Animal House or Scarface or Resevoir Dogs, though.

I'd still hang the playing card poster on my wall. If I let annoying fans ruin things for me, I'd enjoy very little in life.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

Right. The British Office changed shows. Now things like Modern Family and Parks and Rec use On The Fly interviews like it is reality TV and they don't even pretend that it is supposed to be a documentary. They're just convenient breaks to the story to fill with jokes.

The found footage thing is like that too. It isn't like Cloverfield anymore. It has been proven time and time again that the hand held camera aspect adds scares to a weak script by making you feel like you're there.

It can be done quite well (I defy anyone to find a scarier part of the movie Signs than the Mexican birthday party scene) and it can be stupid.

But they don't really follow the rules any more, multiple camera angles, no real time wasted on coming up with how the footage was found, etc.

Which is fine with me. It's like, let's all agree on this so I don't throw up from shaky camera angles or have to sacrifice scope.

It all seems like laziness to me, especially the 'to camera' interviews. In the original The Office, the documentary style had real influence on the characters (people responding to it being aired, Tim taking off his mic, Brent's 'celebrity', etc...) where as the other shows you mentioned just use it for jokes the writers couldn't organically weave into the dialogue. They're the same asides to the audience which used to be done by people speaking to each other without others in the scene hearing. Arrested Development was different because it used all the conventions of documentaries except for those which had characters break the fourth wall.

Found footage only works for me when there is a legitimate reason for it (like the spanish REC), as in there needs to be a good reason why the character continues to film, not just a loose premise for why they're holding the camera in the first place.

Nice poster btw :)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I've never wanted to see a film less.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Xenophon posted:

What the gently caress is this bullshit

If the poster is anything to go by, coma inducing pap. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

This poster evokes one word to me: dreary.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Vagabundo posted:

International poster for Spider-Man. It gives us a much better look at the costume than the other ones, but nothing amazing (har har) about it. He still looks like he just went and rolled around in a vat of lard as well.

I like the spider emblem in the street layout behind him... but yeah, weird perspective.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Hips are overrated.

You're right, he doesn't have any.
If you cut the image off just before the (non)hips it'd look fine.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, definitely an angry Tom Hanks.

That's who I see too

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
HAH!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Thank you to two posters above me, you've made everything right again.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'd love to have the Prometheus poster illustrated like that.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

I think you mean the sound effect used in the Alien and Aliens trailers when they were first released.

The Alien siren sound was used in the original trailer, but the heavy horn blasts have probably been around forever (pretty sure they weren't in the original Alien trailer). Either way the evolution of the 'horn blast' has reached it's pinnacle with the blast + siren combo in the Prometheus trailer. It's the best.

e: and the blast is actually done by low strings in the Prometheus trailer.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 17, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Did you make this? Good reverse engineering.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The trailer for this looks terrible, but I can't get enough of the poster's Skipping Man With Shovel.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 27, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Ishamael posted:

You guys are getting oddly worked up about some pretty bland images for Batman. How there can be the same level of disgust leveled at those boring character banners and the Clifford poster, I just don't know.

Clifford is the demiurge of bad movie posters, it is not disgust that people hold but a well warranted fear of the maintainer.

People flip out about the Batman posters because it's Batman.

LesterGroans posted:

Honestly, WB probably realizes that they don't exactly have to break the bank on marketing the get people to see the movie.

My money's on this. The poster could have been a black background with white text saying Batman 3 and it wouldn't make any difference. Not that this is an excuse for boring posters or anything.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Capacitor posted:

Not a poster but...I will do anything to see this exact movie.

Fantastic.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Do the people who make horse movies go out of their way to keep non horse fanatics out of theatres by alienating them with the most boring posters imaginable.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Armyman25 posted:

No Crystal Skull?

:frogout:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Policenaut posted:

They picked a decent looking Scissorman at least, considering the odd direction they went with later games it could have ended up much worse.

Scary...

So is the Mass Effect film still going to be made? I don't particularly want to see one, but if it happens I think that'll be the film that truly gets the next source material craze happening.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Stare-Out posted:

Spidey and his realdoll.

They're taking the 'ostracised nerd' to the next level. It's bold, I like it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

bows1 posted:

Purple is the best color. Preferably eggplant

Aubergine. Or is 'eggplant' the colour? Eh, aubergine sounds better.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 17, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, it sounds better if your Eurotrash. :colbert:

Just speaking the King's old boy. Spare me your quaint American cant.

e: Yes, 'aubergine' has a French origin. But that's English for you, stealing the best of other languages.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 17, 2012

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Vintersorg posted:

glow in the dark.

Oh. My. God.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The poster is garishly awesome, but why is the screenplay by The RZA but it's directed by just RZA? Or is that just a joke?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Everything about this is terrible. The shot of Duchovny at the top looks like they used a picture of him with a beard then photoshopped it out.
You're right about it looking like they erased a cane too, I think I can see the outline of it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
That's much better, I wonder why they scrapped it?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Anyone else think 'The Dinosaur Project' was the just working title that no one could be arsed changing?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

They definitely should have named it Lizard Combatant.

I didn't want to say it, but yes.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Tomero_the_Great posted:

I know that's supposed to be gold, but it really looks like One-Eyed Willie's mouth is full of bees.

You know that makes it better right?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

BiggusDickus' not on board.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

spamman posted:

It's Rebel Wilson, and it looks like they've done something weird with her neck/chin.

Not to be cruel, but I think they've 'shopped out an extra chin. It looks bizarre.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
It's the 'British crime caper' template. What a cast though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Yeah I'm not seeing it either, but I assume Vagabundo means this one

e: also found this ridiculously high res copy if anyone wants to look at Zaror's eyebrow scar up close

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

I... wait, can you repeat the question?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Secks posted:

This new Creature From the Black Lagoon poster (by Mondo posters) is fantastic:

Yes, yes it is.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Jedit posted:

Apart from not having a lagoon anywhere on it.

It's potentially full of lagoons.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Most people.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

HoldYourFire posted:

I get what Bogans are, but what are Housos?

Housing trust.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Jefferoo posted:

Saw this in a theatre in Manhattan, thought it was pretty funny.

What? Is there some reason why Bond can't shoot himself in the kneecap while taking a bath fully clothed, or does that confuse you?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I can see equal parts Walken, Lithgow, Depp and Carey.

The only one I don't really see is Llyod.