Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

oldpainless posted:

I hope someone remembers to help Benny. Hey man, he's got five kids to feed.

Some of them got mouths too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

This is the first Bourne movie poster I've seen that I actually really like...

The Bloeugrancey.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Stare-Out posted:

Does this movie take place in a septic tank? What a genius decision to tone down all the blood spatter so it looks like the character is covered in poo poo.

Isn't there some kinda regulation on how much blood you can show in a trailer/poster? The trailer to for Kill Bill had to color the blood spatter on the Bride black in order to show it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, there is. Many trailers color all blood black, but when the alternative is poo poo stains I don't know if having any blood there is a good idea.

From what I've seen a lot of it takes place in a sewer, so at least they're honest about the film.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's like staring into the rear end of Pluto.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Popelmon posted:

Die Hard = Stirb Langsam (Die Slowly). That one makes sense in my opinion.
In Norway it was called Operation Skyscraper, which makes sense I guess.

quote:

Original Title: Airplane!
German Title: Die unglaubliche Reise in einem verrückten Flugzeug
German Title in English: The incredible journey in a crazy airplane

For some reason many comedies got Help! in their Norwegian titles. So Airplane!: Help! We're On A Plane. Christmas Vacation: Help! We're on Christmas Vacation. This is Spinal Tap: Help! We're In The Pop Business. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me on the other hand became Austin Powers: The Spy Who Spermed Me.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

So what did the Norwegians rename Help!?

Dunno, but Alien was renamed as the Eighth Passenger which is kinda cool.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

I also like how Dave Foley looks like he just genuinely does not give a gently caress.

I don't think he does. Some actors gain or lose weight or work out like crazy, Dave Foley can't be bothered to shave off his beard.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Handsome Dead posted:

Is Samuel L. Jackson a good actor? I don't think I've seen him be good in anything good other than True Romance.

He was great in Coming to America.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

He acted circles around everyone in Kill Bill vol. 1

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Yodzilla posted:

Bruce Willis has a three pronged acting range:

1) Grizzled Bad rear end
2) Singing (deprecated)
3) Three Stooges (deprecated)

4) The smirk

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

In the original script for Batman Begins that leaked a few months before the movie, the part where he comes up from saving Rachel to go to his birthday party had him still wearing the eye liner, and Alfred had to stop him and tell him to wipe it off before going out to meet the guests.

In Grant Morrison's Batman run Alfred points out that he's still doing the voice out of costume.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lobok posted:

I think I know who to cast for John Galt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK5ZjtpO-M

If they got Twista to star as John Galt I would pay to see it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sockser posted:

Scary Movie 1

That movie really had just one good joke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-tLWRxVno

Yodzilla posted:

Goddamn do I hate parody films now. I can't remember the last actual good spoof came out.

Hot FUzz.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kierena posted:

They made up for the lovely cover on the general release dvd with the special editions cover. I actually own the special edition DVD and I have to say its got a nice look to it.

apologies for the little watermark at the bottom, I couldn't find one with the right color contrast outside of this one to do it justice.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

The two disc edition used the first post your posted, which was very nice compared to the regular DVD.
Kudos I guess for at least posting picture of it?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

It literally had to be. It was based on a short story by Clive Barker and his contract stated that they had to keep the title.

I guess that Clive Barker learned how to write contracts after Hellraiser and Nightbreed.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Slasherfan posted:

The Piranha 2: Flying Killers VHS I used to own had written on the top of the box in massive writing "From James Cameron director of Terminator, Aliens and True Lies" then a small image of a Piranha and the title of the movie in smaller writing.

And it's not even like he directed it. He was fired halfway in and broke into the studio in order to edit it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Doesn't beat the original poster:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Young Freud posted:

I just realize that his wish came true, a film had been made that would change the young minds and the world of cinema, but he didn't make it.

He kinda did, only in comic book form. A lot of the ideas and designs for Dune were used in his comic book the Metabarons:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Does The Metabarons actually take place in the Dune universe?

It takes place in the Jodoverse

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

This is a good poster.

But maybe not most original idea in the world:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Seriously, Korean movies!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:monocle: Wow I love this.

It's the only movie I've seen just because I thought the poster was cool, turns out that was a great decision.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lobok posted:

Wow, the RZA really does not like white guys trying to fist bump him.

Fistbumping with the RZA would probably be extremely painful:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dopefish Lives! posted:

What's the country of origin?

Norway.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The posters to that director's other movies is kinda meh though:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Xenophon posted:

How come the story and direction is by RZA but the screenplay is by The RZA

I cannot unsee this

Just be thankful that it wasn't credited with Bobby Digital.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Story by RZA
Screenplay by The RZA
Starring Bobby Digital
Directed by Bobby Steeles

Also starring Prince Rakeem
Produced by Rzarector

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Does anyone else feel a bit embarrassed saying this name?

Ol'Dirty Bastard actually had a buddy called Shorty Shitstain. Needless to say no one in the Wu Tang Clan or their affiliates put much thought in choosing their names.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

joedevola posted:

Denzel has been in some seriously egregious poo poo.

So the premise of this movie is that having a black child is the worst that can happen to you? That was acceptable to say in the eighties?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

404GoonNotFound posted:

And one of them is Gimli's dad, I guess.

Or mother.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

Speaking of which, anyone have any nice Sergio Leone posters on file?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

WickedIcon posted:

Why is Keira Knightley in so many bland adaptations of classic literature?

I didn't think the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie was bland.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Slippery Nipple posted:

And thus begins the fall of Will Smith, brought down by the terrible acting of his own son.

Anyone that can survive both Men in Black II and Wild Wild West is pretty much bulletproof.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

jet sanchEz posted:

Huh, that's even weirder, I wonder why the Aussie poster drop those five words?

The concept of something not being able to kill you baffles them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

Every time I see anything for Stoker, for a second I think it's a movie about Bram Stoker. Then I remember it's not, and I get sad.

Bram Stoker lived a dull and unexciting life. How can you not get exited that we're getting a new movie by Park Chan-wook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

In my imaginary Bram Stoker movie he has to fight a vampire Vlad the Impaler to get the inspiration for Dracula.

Yeah, but instead of that we're getting a new Park Chan-wook movie which is a thousand times better.