Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011
So I work in a DVD rental shop and Cass has absolutely one of the worst covers there. The people renting this must have googled the movie beforehand because I refuse to believe anyone would rent this based on the cover only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mousku
Jun 2, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

Is the Owen Wilson on the left?

Not even close although the mental image of Owen Wilson playing a British hooligan may be the reason it gets rented.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011
While we're on the topic of fonts...

Madkal posted:

What is going on with this one? It looks like comic sans and really breaks the mood.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011

Jedit posted:

In case you didn't know, Sin City is a comic book and the whole movie was designed to look like it was a comic. For it to use Comic Sans in boxouts is not only acceptable, it's the best possible representation of the movie.

And you won't hear that said again about Comic Sans, I imagine.

I don't think Comic Sans looks very good as a proper comic book font. I mean, I don't wanna sound spergy but the original Sin City font isn't that bolded and ugly. Comic Sans just automatically makes me think about googly eyes and ms paint colors.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011

Robert Denby posted:

And this beautiful teaser poster for "Aladdin":

I love this poster but those hands seriously confuse me. Is the lower hand a hand-shaped stand for the lamp or is Aladdin's right hand just super short? Do the hands belong to two separate people? Have I missed something?

mousku
Jun 2, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

somebody on Reddit put together a compilation of "twin" movies and their posters, I thought it was interesting to see how little or much two different takes on similar subject matter could be when it came to advertising.

This was several pages ago but I can't unsee the horrifying lion giraffe scorpion hybrid in The Wild poster.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011
Here's Michael Cera looking vaguely menacing in Evil Forest of the Floating Heads.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011

Nikaer Drekin posted:

Oh good, I always like it when a movie is BASED ON TRUE ACTS OF COURAGE

e: VVVVV Same here, haha.
I was so sure that's Jason Isaacs.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011

Dexo posted:

New Winter Solider Posters

Can't unsee the long noodle arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mousku
Jun 2, 2011
What is the denim jacket guy holding? A some kind of woven flashlight?