Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

westborn posted:

The (un)intentional hilarity that is the Yogi Bear teaser poster:

By God! That is amazing.

To contribute to the thread here is a great scrolling gallery of minimal movie posters. (From the aptly named Minimal Movie Posters tumblr.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I find most 'posters' in this style pretty stupid and obnoxious, but this one really takes the cake.

Seriously, it's somehow even worse than that Matrix poster with the battery.

I'm sorry you didn't like it. I agree with you that that particular style is over-simplistic, unimaginative, and frankly lazy. The format you singled out is the advice animals like "meme" of minimalist posters where one iconic thing is singled out and often crudely or hastily made to fit the cookie cutter scheme.

Having said that, I really don't feel that makes my link bad. It is a gallery showcasing aggregated minimalist posters from all over the internet, some are bound to be worse than others. I think there are quite a few competently executed ones to be found in there.

Also veonenergee dude, I didn't mean to offend your designer sensibilities. I'm gonna roll with you knowing more about this stuff than me, but I never implied the minimalist posters were some great works of art, I just think they are interesting to look at now and then.

SaltyJesus fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 22, 2012