Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Max22 posted:

This one was just voted Worst Movie Poster of the year.

That's the laziest but I think this one is worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

This is the cover in Australia and NZ. It's better than the US cover, but it's not exactly stellar either. I wonder if this movie going to get a good cover anywhere.

The UK cover is the best and the one I'll be ordering since Amazon UK always have the cheapest blu-rays and I'll probably be picking up a few other titles.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Of all the posters in the world to rip off.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Here is a good poster for a film about kids killing each other.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I wonder if Bill Oberst, JR. plays the horse or the dog.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I love this cover for the the DVD rerelease of Groundhog Day. You remember that film, the one that stars Phil Murray, Bill Murray's similar but not exactly the same looking unknown brother.

Bill Murray is composed of no less than 5 distinct people on that poster.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Young Freud posted:

I don't know why you used the Chinese poster, but it sums up the point well, with Kitano in the center of everything and the student marked out and "41 to go" above them. I believe the original Japanese poster did that, but I couldn't find one, just re-releases.

Is that not the Japanese poster? I would have thought the film would be banned in China.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

mousku posted:

Is that Owen Wilson on the left?

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 26, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Max22 posted:

Is it just me or is Tom Hardy looking up instead of straight forward?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

veonenergee posted:

As per my previous post, I like illustrated posters and minimalist posters (done right). Mondo's collective of posters from various artists are loving awesome in that regard. Saw someone post the My Neighbor Toto variants from Olly Moss, but really, Mondo's whole archive of movie posters is pretty drat great. [link]

I have these two:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

He's never going to release this to the public, is he. :smith:

There was a lottery to win the chance to buy the poster awhile ago, that's how I got mine. I bought Robocop direct from his site back in 2008 for a whopping $30.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Coffee And Pie posted:

I think he meant the fully uncut, 4 hour long, one movie edition of Kill Bill, called "The Whole Bloody Affair." I thought I heard about it being released in Japan a while ago, but other than that, nothing :(

That screening wasn't even the whole bloody affair. It was just the Japanese cut of Kill Bill 1 and Kill Bill 2 shown back to back. If the real whole bloody affair is ever completed it is supposed to be one seamless film with new animated sequences.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

kiimo posted:

I predict a Punisher reboot and a Spawn reboot next.

There have been three Punisher movies which all bombed. They're not going to make another one for a long while. As for Spawn, I doubt you will ever see another Spawn movie with any sort of real money behind it. That IP is just too 90s I think.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

iTrust posted:

It means bad.

I figure this is the best place to ask; I've been toying with the idea of sprucing up this house here with some of my favourite movie posters. The best resource appears to be http://www.allposters.co.uk/

I am curious to know whether anyone has bought anything from this website before and if you have, is the quality actual poster quality or something not worth a tenner?

If you've got money to burn then you could pick up some screen printed posters. Check out [url=http://www.reelizer.com/]this site[url] and see if there is anything you like.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I doubt this would beat Clifford in the amazing movie poster department, but it comes close.

The man in the foreground appears to be crushing his own skull.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

This quality of this animation bears a striking resemblance to the 1995 Sega CD title, Wild Woody.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

And does that pig have a nose ring? Who puts nose rings in pigs?

Everyone? It stops them from digging up their pens.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is the reboot with Bradley Cooper still happening?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The cover for the upcoming E.T. blu-ray is terrible.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Another banger.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

That is Stanley Tucci.

They should have just hired Adrian Pasdar.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

AndyP posted:

I'm pretty sure House of the Devil was on VHS. Or doesn't that count?

Last VHS released by a major studio.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

DominoDancing posted:

What you're describing is more a problem with the character than the actress though. Then again, you might be right. It's been quite a while since I watched an episode of Modern Family. And to be honest there are a few other actors on that show I'd like to see more of anyway (Ty Burrell).

Just watch Dawn Of The Dead on loop.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Photoshop.jpg

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Nope.

I want to know what the two films next to it are. They both look just as bad.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sheldrake posted:

The most interesting thing about this poster is that there was once a time that people thought Elliott Gould could carry a movie.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

Ugh...

That film was shot in 2008 and still isn't out.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is that movie actually any good or is the lovely poster entirely appropriate for it?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Hashtags are the new QR codes.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Desperado Bones posted:

I can't imagine how much fun might had the people who did all the fake posters; mocking everything you hate about bad design.

The good news is... you are going to live.

The bad news is he is going to kill you.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

frumpsnake posted:

Sharlto Copley starring in My Left Foot.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

300 was released in 2006. This film was released in August 2011.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Statham picture is from Crank 2. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2398653696/tt1121931

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Criterion cover for Videodrome has a lot to do with me wanting to see the film in the first place.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

zenintrude posted:

I hope this is a joke post, but if not... no, the Betamax was a VHS competitor (think Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD) developed by Sony which, while not popular with consumers, has continued to have a life long after VHS died due to its high quality and use in video production.

It was a clever little reference to Videodrome. You should go watch it immediately since you obviously have great reverence for obsolete media formats.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He looks like he wants to die.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sockser posted:

Well, I mean, Kill Bill 3 is in Pre-production innit?

QT needs to finish the whole bloody affair first.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ez posted:

Day of the Dolphin is a movie you have to see to believe. George C Scott and a talking dolphin, how can you lose?

Who plays the dolphin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Spider-Man 2 2 was pretty good but Spider-Man 3 3 was absolute rubbish.