Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The poster must be pretty loving bad if it made you mistake Triple H for Hulk Hogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Ice Age 4 posters. I guess the 3rd one was profitable enough, didn't see it so I can't comment on the quality of the film. These posters are a bit poo poo though.

Ice Age 3 made about $800 million at the box office. They'll still be making these films by the time the next ice age rolls around.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think I'm the only person on Earth who likes that film although I haven't seen it in a long time. The version I saw definitely featured a scene were there is a nuclear device on board a plane.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He looks like a Coronation Street villain.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Robert Denby posted:

Yes it did. If I recall there were many, many more.

Is everything in this image real? :psyduck:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Good poster!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lee Byung-hun makes every film better.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Flashing Twelve posted:

It shits me to no end that Mondo makes these absolutely beautiful posters that I'd just be so happy to stick up on my wall but limits them to runs of like, 300, which sell out in under a minute (mostly to scalpers) and never get reprinted again. It's a damned shame, done for no reason other than to artificially create a collector's market.

Back in 2009 I found about the whole screen printed posters movement so am lucky in that I managed to get a couple of Tyler Stout posters before he absolutely exploded. This was when you bought directly from his site and they were a lot cheaper than they are now.

I bought his Robocop poster for $30 and it has been going for over $900 recently. The last mondo poster I got was Stout's Kill Bill poster which looks absolutely amazing in person.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I don't understand why the deer has a zombie head stuck on it's antlers.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this movie going to be about Nic Cage receiving a body transplant?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He is in pretty good shape but there was a pretty infamous scene in Ghost Rider where he has CG abs.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Her arm pits are a lot hairier than his.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

True story, huh? :rolleyes:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

I guess we found something as great as this

Doctor Jackstraw is my rap name.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Iacen posted:

You want to see something :nws:? They did make another poster for Klovn the Movie: :nws:http://i.imgur.com/faPQe.jpg:nws:

Is the character supposed to be gay because it appears the only other man on the poster is the one touching his dick.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Good poster, bad trailer.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Aatrek posted:

Thoughts?

I suggest looking here. Obviously you won't be able to find or afford a lot of those posters but it should give you some ideas and names of artists.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I wish the movie was more like that poster.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Meltathon posted:

Maybe this has been asked, but do these independent/fan posters have to pay licensing money to the studios? I just can't imagine the studios letting independent artists use their property to make money for themselves.

Mondo specifically do but I don't think anyone else does.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The colors and tagline are very similar.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is the star of this movie also a professional wrestler?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Wasn't there a Treehouse of Horror episode which was basically that plot?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That looks like the cover of a book you would find in a bin outside a second hand store for 99¢.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

People who get to go to these Alamo screenings are so loving lucky.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What do you call a theatre where you watch plays and stuff then?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Reminds me of the Blu-ray covers.

That's not a good thing.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this a hilarious comedy where an employee accidentally kills his boss and has to have his pet talking horse fill in so that no one gets suspicious?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of interesting just how much young Bobcat Goldthwait looks so much like Charlie Day.

He stole Kurt Russell's hair.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I don't know if this was posted in here already, but I saw it on the gently caress Yeah Movie Posters Tumblr last night and thought it was loving awesome. Made me want to see the movie all over again.

That sure is a screenshot of the film that someone tinted yellow.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Looking up The Shadow somehow lead me to these two bangers:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jasta posted:

Ugh, why did Jack Palance have to die? I want more Curly.

City Slickers III: Weekend At Curley's

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 3, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mondo regular and variant Return of the King posters.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I honestly don't think the posters is very good. The art itself is impressive but it could belong to any fantasy film and the text is drat near unreadable.

Here is an amazing poster by the same artist for True Grit which I feel works much better with his style. It could be bought as a regular poster as well as a wood etching.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Reminds me of a Killzone game.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Here is an earlier sketch of the Mondo Return of The King poster which has much more legible text.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

It's just something done domestically and in fact, I didn't even know there was a Steelers tie-in until it was brought up in this thread. Different territories use different ways of marketing films and in this case, I guess the US involved an NFL team. It's not really that different from the Rabbitohs being used to advertise Russell Crowe movies, even if the reason for it happening is different.

Case in point, the Melbourne Storms new kit:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Expendables 2 comic con poster.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

You mean other than the fact that he's one of the stars in the biggest action movie of the summer, which is also one of the most profitable movies ever made?

Which one of these guys are you talking about?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Kate Beckinsale is married to the director by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Role Play McMurphy posted:

The remake will be leagues better than the original just because of Kate Beckinsale fyi.

I didn't know Len Wiseman was a goon.