Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Speleothing posted:

"I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife"

Whoa, I was just thinking of that scene this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Cleretic posted:

That movie looks like it sucks a whole lot more than it actually will. I heard Jaden was actually pretty decent in the Karate Kid remake. The weak link here is M. Night.

At the very least take solace that he didn't write this film. Gary Whitta (a Giantbomb favorite, and wrote the forth episode of the Walking Dead TellTale game) is one of the writers.

Night is a good visual director, what gets him into trouble is when he puts his mitts all over the scripts.

Edit..aw crap nevermind..thanks wikipedia
"Principal photography for After Earth began in February 2012. The script was originally written by Gary Whitta, rewritten by Shyamalan and finally polished by Stephen Gaghan in late 2011."

It's going to suck.

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 11, 2012

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

homerlaw posted:

I have this poster, becasue that is a striking image. I just need to frame it
http://www.polishposter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1556

Did Beksinski do that poster art? It is rather eye appealing.

Edit: ..apparently not. It's Wieslaw Walkuski.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Wie...iw=1920&bih=965

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 25, 2013

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

For a second I thought someone was making a Vampire Hunter D movie. :(

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

Why, did the Weinsteins rescind their order for a braindead US edit?

What's this? Is the american release going to be butchered?

Edit: ARRGH
http://twitchfilm.com/2013/08/weinstein-thinks-you-are-too-dumb-for-snowpiercer.html

I HATE the weinsteins. I hate the seemingly monopoly they have on good foreign films and their utter disdain for intelligent audiences. The film cost $40 to make, is he expecting a Transformer style block buster?

I refuse to see this movie now in theatres, which sucks because I really want Bong to succeed.

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 10, 2013

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Yeah they were really pissed about what another company had done to Nausica.

About the only 'controversy' I remember from Mononoke were weeaboos griping about how they translated miso in one scene from 'water' to 'piss' to make it sound more harsh to american audiences who wouldn't understand that calling someone's soup 'water' is a pretty big insult.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Ez posted:

They edit Snowpiercer for the "stupids" and give us poo poo like Transformers, they have it backwards. I'm positive Snowpiercer will be easy to follow but when I saw Transformers 2 I had no idea what the gently caress was going on.

Someone on imdb basically said it best, why edit a movie down for an audience that won't go see it to begin with. I don't know anyone outside indie/foreign film circles who is interested in this film, much less know who the hell some korean director is. Editing it down to an action flick will only do more to hurt the guy's rep across the board if the movie suffers for it.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

That would be like cutting the drop kicks from Memories of Murder.

Or the over-the-top mourning scene in The Host. I mean that movie was somewhat of a hit in America despite being very Korean, and as far as I am aware didn't have any cuts.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

Goddamnit I can't not see Bradley Cooper's off-kilter eyes now.

He should have kids with Shannon Doherty, that should even things out.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

soapgish posted:

Re: NOAH discussion, It blows my mind that people believe in stained glass windows. Not once in the Bible when an angel appears before a human are they soothed, calmed, in awe, or thinking that Elohim/God/whatever you want to call Him, is smiling upon them- they are consistently frightened to poo poo, because the last thing angels are is beautiful. Having crazy limbs and heads, no matter how many or what they look like, will always be closer to the word than models with lovely bird wings.

And to that point, that angels are beautiful and demons are ugly in movies is amazing as Lucifer, the most beautiful, and his crew fell for vanity so the truth is that the portrayed good guys and bad guys are actually role swapped.

E:

I'd love to see a one sheet of this in a cinema display, surrounded by lights.

Completely agreed. Angels depicted as beautiful peaceful women are a pet peeve of mine. It irritates me to no end when i see an angel like that in 'christian' literature.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Its kind of weird because he's going to have to slim down again for 22 Jump St. You'd think he's rich enough to not slip back like that.

As I thought I heard, he wasn't getting roles because audiences liked fat jonah better than slim jonah. Kind of sad to be typecast as unhealthy.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Wait, so there are two parody movies of the same movie? This one is on netflix..

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

I saw this poster in a newspaper. There are so many things off about it, I can't believe someone approved it.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

I thought this was going to be about the artist Mark Ryden, didn't know there was someone before him that he aped the style of.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Most unfortunate eye placement since 'along came a spider'

edit: broken link

Autechresaint fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 14, 2015

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Already rebooting Mission Impossible 5 with a different actor?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

How progressive of them to cast a man for the part of Jessica Jones.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012
They are re releasing an old Wes Craven classic 'The Serpent and the Rainbow' and replacing the original evocative cover:

with...this garbage:

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

well obviously to find that lost contact lens they dropped on earth.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Here is another one:

I want to be excited for Valerian, but I am pretty sure it'll just put me to sleep.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

$125 million dollar budget for this. I am sorry what?
Nickelodeon must have money to burn..they spent $150 million on a "proven" property, Airbender, and after that flop, spent $125 on..this..

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

It wasn't just her lashing out at Apatow. She got her start on the Shonda Rhimes show Grey's Anatomy. After a couple of years when she started experiencing a modicum of success, she began complaining about how terrible the show was, how it was torture to film, and when the show wanted to put her up for an Emmy for her work, she declined saying that nothing they wrote for her was good enough. She and her momager (mother manager) were notoriously difficult on any film set.

So they wrote her off the show. Then the starring movie roles started drying up. Then the supporting movie roles. Then she had to return to television, but couldn't land a show that stayed on the air for even a season.

Then last year she resorted to doing cat litter commercials. She claims that it was for charity, but...

And now she's doing this.

Aka she pulled a David Caruso. Although he at least was able to land back in TV after writing checks his ego couldn't cash.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It does look neat. Here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2F4-oTNF4

100th film, dang. Outside of early silent film directors, is he the most prolific director alive?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

The MSJ posted:

I wish they could add “From the director of National Treasure” on the poster.

Cool Runnings. A movie made in the same decade this movie was first optioned

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

There's also the fact that "CalArts" style is a meaningless buzzword created by noted pedophile rear end in a top hat John K in the early 90s because he was salty about The Iron Giant being successful.

He thought the iron giant was successful? Didn't it bomb in the box office?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

I was wondering when they'd finally make a Tongue of the Fatman movie..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_of_the_Fatman#/media/File%3ATongue_of_the_Fatman_North_American_Box_art.jpg

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Samuringa posted:

I've always been fond of the japanese Pacific Rim poster

Because it is by Yoji Shinkawa(Designer of Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders) which was very fitting.

Also, the Rampage poster that was linked some time ago, which is aping the classic Godzilla movies

https://twitter.com/Kouji_Tajima/status/978408342854033408

It's great, just wish the composition didn't look like the ape had a giant lizard head coming out his crouch.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

I'm not familiar with that character, is he supposed to be creepy?

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

asecondduck posted:

I'm trying really hard to not be an old person yelling at clouds as I age but man a lot of the artists on the Spider-Verse soundtrack sound like they came from an SNL skit:

I feel like they threw a bone to us older folks with the cut chemist/blackalicious tune at least.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What the gently caress, lmao.

The poster makes the twist look like she's really a robot or something. Why did they enhance her eyes like that

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Avengers Endgame: The One Where They Say gently caress

Well, if they only say it once in a non sexual way then they could get away with it.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Like, as a basis of comparison, the last movie I saw have "this film is not yet rated" that close to release was Alita, which was very blatantly trimmed in a couple places (the dog bit before the underground fight is loving weirdly edited, for one).

Endgame is probably in a similar boat, and is probably just a tad too violent for a PG-13 or has specific types and framings of violence the MPAA dislikes (example: part of why Logan was greenlit for R is because the MPAA straight up told Fox and filmmakers that the whole child-experimentation/genocide plot wouldn't fly for PG-13, period, no matter how they handled everything else. Fox proceeded to hand Mangold a license to go hog wild with it).

I still don't know how dark Knight skirted by with a pg13. I know he had to remove some sound effects, like a scream when the Asian guy burns on a pile of money, but that movie had a lot of dark moments

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

The MSJ posted:

The Dromeosaurid Deacon

I am disappointed they didn't work in at least a 'velocirapture' somewhere..

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I was thinking about how live-action Mr. Mime is less creepy than live-action sonic, and it turns out the director of Detective Pikachu did an interview with IGN about it. It took a lot of time and energy to get Mr. Mime not horrifying

it sounds like they put a lot of thoughtful thought and time into the designs. Why didn't the sonic movie do that..like anyone familiar with the game franchise would quickly point out how wrong the character looks..

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Disappointed that they didn’t go with just Cent

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Corporate Memphis the movie

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The Boyega 'Tyrone' poster reminds me of the rotoscoping from Bakshi's Lord of the Rings.

It made me want an Attack the Block sequel with a grown up boyega

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

man, Disney's live action remake of Pom Poko is looking weird.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Neil blomcamp has his share of bombs, but he’s still a recognizable name, I wonder why they left it off the poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

You cannot watch this movie anymore, by the way. They took it off yesterday.

7 weeks after release, like what’s the point? That’s nuts.