Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Darthemed posted:

This was a fairly bad movie, but the poster does a nice job of hiding that fact.

And here's the cover it got for VHS release.

It's a Pyun!
Is there a universe where this movie is as awesome as the poster and can I go there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Even as a young 'un, I thought Die Hard was a silly title when I saw it at the library so I was surprised when it was loving awesome. I also thought an anthology action movie sounded really dumb. I was an idiot and the library had the '40 STORIES OF SHEER ADVENTURE!' cover.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

colonel_korn posted:

:arghfist::spergin: TEAL AND ORANGE :arghfist::spergin:

(This one is obviously fan-made too, but it was put up on the official Facebook page along with some terrible fanart)
This reminds me, more than anything, of the cover of a Penguin Classics book.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Improbable Lobster posted:

New round of Mondo posters

gently caress, I would kill someone for the Dune poster.
No Dali or dolphin toilet? gently caress that.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Mister Chief posted:

CG monkeys aren't scary, guys with wheels are scary.

Here are the details for the Reseviour Dogs lottery. For every poster Stout gives people a chance to win the opportunity to buy his posters. It's honestly a way better system.

http://tstoutinfo.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/reservoir-dogs-poster-sale-lotto-info.html
Is there an obvious reason the variant is twice as expensive that I'm missing?

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Dillbag posted:

Is it bad that I saw goatse even without the fingers?
Probably, but we're in the same boat.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
The diagonal extending Leo's side on the right just makes me thing of Box from Logan's Run...

Jefferoo posted:

That was fast! Here's a fan poster for Gatsby already:

The extended diagonal line on the left makes him look like Box from Logan's Run. Or Captain Pike (blink the green light once for yes, two for no).

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Gah! All I wanted was a poster of the picture of Tom Cruise running away from fire looking pissed/agonized/scared/constipated + "ALL YOU NEED IS KILL" on it.

If only I were the target audience for movies.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I've only seen a neck like the guy on the Midnight Heat poster once.

It was in The Thing.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
New mission, thread: Post GOOD Blu Ray covers that are not Criterion or Special Edition.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Christ, Ringo can never catch a break.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

GonSmithe posted:

I know this is the movie posters thread, but this poster fuckin' owns:

I'm just disappointed this isn't what I thought it was at first: the guy from American Movie getting his big shot.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Now that I look at that again, her arm is unfortunately large.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
And a Japanese!

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
It's a parallel to growing up: you enter as a kid and leave as a shattered husk, I mean adult.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Having grown up with Sean Connery movies, as far as I'm concerned he doesn't speak with any other accent than "Sean Connery."

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Skwirl posted:

This sounds insane, and I want to see a news story about the "true story" it's based on. I had a lot of trouble even parsing the description, because on first read "Patriarch" seemed to refer to the jailed nazi leader, but that made no sense, so I think it's the dad of the black family that's kidnapped. And why don't movie studios have interns change the description of films so that they make sense, it's all user submitted.

tl;dr Probably not Trayvon Martin
Clearly the true hero is the NAZI leader. Moral: not ALL NAZIs are bad guys.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
The great thing about Connery is his accent is just Connery. It's never the accent of who he's playing, but it's never a wrong accent either.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

TheJoker138 posted:

Tank Girl is still an awesome movie.
Having watched it for the first time in the last year...yes, yes it is.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
So is Seven Golden Men the best movie ever, cause those posters are implying that fairly heavily.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest might be the best sub title ever.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Wtf is a terror mask?

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Summary of the works of Mamoru Oshii
Q: Am I human?
A: Yes.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

zenintrude posted:

I'm assuming that, because Wishbone was a television show, there is no proper poster.
Ha ha, now my fan site of minimalist Wishbone posters will finally get the respect it deserves!

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Why do they apparently have Orlando Bloom playing two characters?

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Distorted Kiwi posted:

It's hilarifyingly craptastic!

Thunderfist looks so loving...happy.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Yes. That's exactly what pissed me off about it! Also another god drat bullshit computer plot.

If the whole movie was just Silva's first scene, then it would have been amazing.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I want to see the movie where Mac's eyes turn red and he literally melts the government guys as the climax to the song. Commence screaming dancers running out of McD's.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I'm not comfortable with this.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

axleblaze posted:

I still don't get why it's called Grimm Avengers. Is it something like there be some sort of way Disney could go after them because that title would indicate that this is like the Avengers but Grimm, so they ordered it in the other more nonsensical way so that claim can't quite be made?
Brothers Grimm to Avengers Grimm? Makes sense to me. Still sounds stupid, but it makes sense. Also probably a bit of all those other things people said.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Criminal Minded posted:

Have some more minimalist bullshit

http://imgur.com/gallery/Ior0A
These are actually fun. there's creativity in playing with texture/form like that. while they're trying to be clever, they're not being super obscure...it's more driven by ideas that can be represented well by the medium.

And they're really more like puzzles than posters.

And the Benjamin Button one is better than the movie.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Not having actually read Deadpool, that's the first thing that's made me interested.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
What the...oh, SMG.

Babylon 5: In the Beginning was pretty good, I guess?

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

achillesforever6 posted:

plus we get to see Hammond's dream come alive and succeed for a little bit, before man's hubris ruins it all again. :smith:
He never had control! THAT'S the illusion!!!

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Ok that Reservoir Dogs poster is referential and crudely done, but it's actually depicting motion which puts it a cut above the rest.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
What a treat your post was. Hot, and I mean HOT babes!

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I can't decide if the putting her staff right alongside the red saber is good or bad.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I hope R2D2 flies around using hover jets or something equally stupid that there would have been no excuse not to use in the OT.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Mr Witch Hunter will see you now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Palpek posted:

gently caress the ocean, am I right?

I'm going to pretend this is a movie about creepy creatures that are just surfboards with legs.