Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Max22 posted:

I'm more distracted by Chris Pine's giant head. Yikes. Real life Mastermind.

Also that looks nothing like Reese Witherspoon even though it's her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NINbuntu 64 posted:

Seeing as this is another origin movie, from what I've heard? It isn't in any way.

You must've heard wrong. The film is supposed to involve Peter's parents in some way, and they were barely mentioned in the Raimi films.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well come on, be honest, how many people saw Swordfish just for Halle Berry's boobs?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nice to see Odo getting some work after Deep Space Nine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

Just remembered that "Live Free or Die Hard" had a similar tactic on their billboards.

(couldn't find better image, sorry)

Shoulda gone with "Yippee Ki Yay Mr. Falcon!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I knew Carter was in it before I even looked for her. I hate Tim Burton.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shannon Elizabeth doesn't look like that either.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's the meanest I've ever seen Arquette look.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I have that movie... because I sort of just turn off any rational thought when it comes to Milla Jovovich and buy anything she's in.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Enemy at the Gates is the only one I can think of.

Unleashed. He was actually really good as a villain!

And Hook.

Bob Hoskins needs to be in more movies. He rules.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

Don't break my suspension of disbelief with your lovely cross-marketing strategy. How can you not have a big enough budget for loving Prometheus to avoid something like this? What is this, a struggling NBC sitcom?

It's a clever way to work an advertiser into a film. I like it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Will GI Joe have a Snake Eyes or Jinx poster? I'll buy those and that Cobra Commander one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thanks for the link! I like those posters.

That last poster is Jinx, who I'm surprised they put in one but am glad they did.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

Wait gently caress, the RZA's in this movie too!?

Blind karate master RZA who trained Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Something is wrong when Norman Reedus is the least busted-up looking person on the poster.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Just because there's a poster doesn't mean that there will be a movie. Remember that Rodrigues also made a poster for his upcoming movie Red Sonja.

Was that the one with Rose McGowan? I've always wondered what that one was about.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pakled posted:

I see this and raise you

(I didn't make this)

Well now that poster is awesome.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I like that of all the posters, Alfred is the only smart enough to bring an umbrella.

I like to think that it isn't Alfred, but Michael Caine just refuses to ever get wet in films.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

2 of the Fellowship, reuinted!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Young Freud posted:

Also not mentioned, Colm "DS9 O'Brien" Meaney.

Colm Meaney randomly showing up in movies is my favorite thing ever. Under Siege, then The Rock. It's great.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope he chose that Matrix line for how funny it is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

2 Taken 2 Furious

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thumbnail looks like Gerard Butler.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, the last RE movie was actually pretty fun. They got rid of the whole Alice is like a superhero thing and made her a lot better that way. It's got the characters from the games showing up now and being over the top, and it's just really stupid fun.

If you haven't seen the last one you should give it a try. If your complaints are it doesn't match the game, well that's fine, but it does have Wesker, Jill, and Chris show up pretty much acting like their RE5 selves. And apparently Leon will be in this next one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This rules.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's Die Hard 2 where that edit comes in!

But it's still pretty funny.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like Kate Beckinsale. :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

I was just about to go passing this around the office so thankfully I checked IMP first and didn't see it.

You're going to pass around the real ones though, right? Because they're JUST AS BAD.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Young Freud posted:

I'm really wondering if this poo poo is intentional, like they pulled them apart them and reassembled their features to intentionally throw viewers into the "uncanny valley" and become disturbed by them. It's just the less established actors get played up more.

Case in point, Ashley Greene, who's been in these films almost from the start...

That's not too bad. It's the best one by far, but I guess it's hard to get a bad picture of her since she's beautiful. The worst thing is her pose should be straight on but her head is tilted just a bit and it's like she's craning her neck.

A lot of it is that they seem to be moving their heads in the opposite direction of their necks or tilting their heads or something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gaga is pretty cool. And attractive, I think. But that still doesn't make me wanna see the movie since I found the first one a snoozefest. I couldn't believe how boring it was.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope the sequel is Bears. Then Bear 3. Then Bear Resurrection.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He was pretty good in Unbreakable, too. Played against type in that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why does Bulter do nothing but romantic comedies now?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can't read that title without hearing the Fugees song in my head.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was trying to read those names as first and last name and it was pretty confusing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The Rock was always a big bloke but jeet christ he bulked up for Fast Five... I felt kinda sorry for Vin Diesel :o:

Rock already dropped all of that extra mass. I have no idea how he did it so quickly, except yeah, HGH probably.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked Midnight Meat Train!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

This makes me wish that all films were forced to use their title in the film's dialogue, like "I'm just sick and tired of all these Star Wars." I can just see Christian Bale grunting out "The Dark Knight... Rises." as he's climbing out of the pit. Or, for that matter, Michael Caine having to say "So... Batman Begins!" when Wayne puts on the costume for the first time.

e: "Marion, cover your eyes. Don't look... at those Raiders of the Lost Ark!"

I like this idea. A lot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Peter Parker and Betty Brant, together again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I love that the actors have so much contempt for it now that this is the best they can do.