Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Taylor Lautner finishes his shift at a hospital and goes home.
The poster may have been silly but at least it gave some indication as to what kind of movie is was, this just looks lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Lizard Combatant posted:

The Rock is a terrible guardian. He's piss-bolting away from that lizard, leaving the kids behind with their legs trapped by the giant iguana eggs.

I think this poster looks like the kid is about to karate chop The Rock in the back of the neck and The Rock looks like he's about to smack him in the face.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Mister Chief posted:

Of all the posters in the world to rip off.

This is a not as good redesign of the original poster.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

HoldYourFire posted:

I swear the UK trailer I saw said "Spy versus spy". Either I'm misremembering or it was probably changed for legal reasons.

I got confused on what the title was from the trailer as it kept having words come up and I was unsure which was the title.

So what do you do if you design a poster then decide it needs some blood on it but your photoshopper has gone home? Open MS Paint.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I know it's fan made but I'm seeing ALOT of basklash for this movie.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Got this in today, the artwork is ok, nothing terrible or good although it looks like Ewans left eye is about to pop out.

I had never heard of it before so I decided to look it up and found this poster that just messes with my head.

Then I found this awful poster which looks like the cover to a trashy romance novel.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I was suprised to see this on the side of a bus earlier.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

I probably wouldn't mind this so much if it wasn't ripping off the Piranha poster.

Also I know it's lame to nit pick a poster but there is no way the two girls wouldn't be able to see the sharks.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

westborn posted:

That's the first thing I noticed, too, but Vagabundo is also right about the hands...

Wow, that's pretty cheeky!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I think you might be onto something there.

What movie is that?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

sambafish posted:

Does this ever look good? Can we please just ban this concept from being used ever again?

I guess it makes sence if you have seen the film, the villian is called Hollowface because he has no face, Terrible movie though. The UK poster is better.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I liked the third Crow movie.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Mister Chief posted:

The cover for the upcoming E.T. blu-ray is terrible.

Is this real?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Gonz posted:

Of course it is. 90% of film studios employ waterheads to design their DVD covers nowadays.

What was so wrong with the original poster that they changed it? That was an iconic image.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Got this in at work, I feel like we should be arrested for selling it.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

SATURNS SON EATER posted:

Has there ever been a horror film about a man with no skin?

Because that's really gross to me and dripping musculature is terrifying.
I guess Hellraiser sort of fits the bill.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I like how this Day Of The Dolphin poster gave George C Scott girls legs

Look whats coming out here the same week as The Avengers opens.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Desperado Bones posted:

Is this real? Or fan made? I can't find anything about it.
(There is,supposedly, going to be a Nick Fury movie in the future with our old friend Samuel, so be ready for some awesome bad posters).

Real
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/29737350/Fury/Product.html?searchstring=fury&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait, did this movie actually have that sort of controversy surrounding it? Or did they just make that up for the tagline?

I always thought it and its sequel were totally obscure except for the "garbage day" line from SNDN2.

I mean, poo poo, is it even available for purchase on DVD anywhere? I thought it was out of print.

I love the movie, though. I saw it a few years ago and have watched it every Christmas since. If you haven't seen them, you're better off watching SNDN2 since the first 45 minutes of the movie basically shows all of the first movie with added hilariously overacted narration. It's supposed to be a recap I guess, but it's like over half of the running time of the goddamn movie :v:

At the time parents where outraged over a movie showing Santa Claus killing people and protested the movie (Even though it's not really Santa). The movie ended up being pulled from Cinemas after a week even though it was doing well (opened higher then A Nightmare On Elm Street).
You can read about it on it's WIKI page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Night,_Deadly_Night

There is a documentary on slasher movies called Going To Pieces and it has news footage of people protesting, I looked around and couldn't find any of the footage online.
EDIT, Found it, NOT WORK SAFE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxGxjXVJGfg

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 28, 2012

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh wow, that's nuts! I hadn't heard about that before. I'll have to watch that video when I get home from work.

one funny thing is Micky Rooney was one of those outraged by the movie and he said everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves, then he went on to star in part 5.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I don't get what was so wrong with the original Spiderman DVD artworks. They where fine, why not re use them? The new ones look like a cheap tacky knock off you'd expect to find being released by Asylum when the new one comes out.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
The director or Torque was at Frightfest this year with his new movie Detention(Very off the wall movie), he talked about Torque and said he had almost no control over it, he said the producers where taking it very seriously but he could see what it was turning into.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

echoplex posted:

One way to ensure DVD sales: make it look like a lovely, generic action film.

:(

I'd say horror movie, we got this in at work and everytime I'd recommend it to someone I'd get "I don't like horror movies". I don't really get what makes it look like a horror movie, maybe the tag line.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Max22 posted:

For everyone knocking Hard Candy for Ellen Page's character being a "super-smart kid who knows everything," wasn't it strongly implied that she was really a university-level medical student?

You know she doesn't cut his balls off, just made him think she did.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

What the gently caress are you guys on about? Get your eyes checked.

--------------------------------------------

New Spider-Man posters

Is it wrong to say posters are using to much CGI?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

Already mentioned:

Unleashed - lovely movie, Hoskins is the best part of it.
Doomsday - lovely movie, Hoskins is one of the better parts of it.

The moral of the story is, watch more Bob Hoskins movies.

These two movies are awesome!

Also we got something in recently called Will starring him that I hadnever heard of before.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

Jesus christ, enough with the product placement derail.

I'm in two minds about this design. It's kind of lazy with a lot of empty space, but at the same time, it's sort of reminiscent of road signs which I guess makes sense.

I thought they pulled this movie because of what happened to Trayvon Martin.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I guess women flashing their tits for sea monsters is becoming a trend now.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

kiimo posted:

So here's our new one. This film got snatched up and fast-tracked and we had to turn this around super fast with Alcon.

I will listen to and accept any and all criticisms and flimsily defend ourselves while blaming the other company for anything you don't like.

Awesome poster. Is the movie a found footage flick?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I really hate these Friday The 13th covers.

I don't get why they keep changing the design, the cover arts for the VHS tapes where great. These look lazy and cheap.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
I love this Danny Dyer poster

"GGGrrrr look at me I'm tough!"

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 25, 2012

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
This is probably the only good movie I've seen starring Danny Dyer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwBVm7yVE4

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

TetsuoTW posted:

What are you doing in a movie with Danny Dyer, Darling?
______________________/

I didn't know who Danny Dyer was when Severance came out.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
Danny Dyer hates critics. Selections from the commentary track of Outlaw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5h9ZPBuBEs

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

What the gently caress are those FT13 covers even for? Are they releasing yet another box set or something? They don't even mesh with the designs of the current blu rays, so I'm guessing they're not finally getting off their asses and releasing the rest of the series on that format yet.

These are the UK releases of the movie, we have yet to get the special editions of the movies. They even released the From Crystal Lake To Manhatten box set over here and took all the features off.
I put off buying the recent Delux editions hoping they'll release them all on Blu Ray with even more features.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

I wouldn't mind them being on the same blu ray if there were some kind of special features on them. Well, features about 3, who gives a poo poo about 2. Other than that though...Yeah, 1, 3, and New Nightmare are the only ones I really care about.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nightmare-Street-Blu-ray-Region-Free/dp/B0058N2T3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335484151&sr=8-1

Full of features, look and sound great. Here is an in depth review with the features listed.
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6326/elmstreetcollection_ukimport.html

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 27, 2012

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

:lol:

Isn't that IT from South Park?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Someone is about to shoot themself in the head.

I like this poster.

But it looks like Lionsgate got lazy and rearranged this poster

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

kiimo posted:

Haha here's what happens when Chernobyl Diaries does better than expected...

Is it doing well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

kiimo posted:

...better than expected.

So it made 3 million instead of 2 million?