Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I love this cover for the the DVD rerelease of Groundhog Day. You remember that film, the one that stars Phil Murray, Bill Murray's similar but not exactly the same looking unknown brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Maxwell Lord posted:

The film would have probably cost $250 million that way. Lucas may technically have that money but I doubt he has all of it as liquid assets at this very moment.

He probably does. Lucas is a billionaire several times over, and is in the top 100 of richest people in america.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The MSJ posted:

Vikings: also too cool to look at burning stuff behind them. Also, Dominic Purcell looks weird with that hair; maybe because I'm more used to seeing him with less.

Hmmm, Vikingdumb. Yep, that about describes it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rap Music and Dope posted:

I mean who the gently caress is like OK 9 MONTHS OF PREGNANCY FOR SOME BIGGER BREASTS gently caress YEAH

People that have been brainwashed by the media-created CULT OF BABY that has gone into overdrive in the last 5 years?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Oh man, I miss being near a good poster shop. There was a an amazing place in Toronto I would go to all the time. They had tons of rare stuff, good prices on it too. Back when I was supervising an animation studio there, me and a few others went to that shop and loaded up on classic posters to decorate our offices.

I think my favourite was this Temple of Doom variant poster:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

korusan posted:

As a future denizen of Toronto would you so kindly tell me the name of this place?

I'll have to do a little internet sleuthing, as I haven't lived in Toronto for a decade now and the name eludes me.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it was The Movie Poster Warehouse They're quite a large place and have a huge selection. There's also The Hollywood Canteen. Much smaller and higher prices, but probably rarer stuff overall and a heavy focus on older, vintage stuff.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 30, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It looks like some sort of made-for-DVD Wishbone movie.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, I haven't seen the movie and the idea for the poster isn't all that impressive, but goddamn if I didn't recognize Clive Owen the second I saw that.

Well, you know what they say; The nose is the window to the soul.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cacator posted:

It barely looks like a human leg. It might be some horrible flesh colored hoof. Is that supposed to be a high heel shoe? If so, was it drawn in Paint with the thickest brush option?

The Apple Trailers site seems to have the original photo it was cut from. Not much better, but at least it looks a bit more human there.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TetsuoTW posted:

I take it, then, that Vicious Circle was a bad representation of him? Because I've never been as solidly bored by a comedian as I was watching half an hour of that.

His early stuff was quite good, but yeah, by the time Vicious Circle happened he seemed to think every syllable out of his mouth was pure gold, no matter how stupid and rambling. Now that I've said that, rambling really seems to be what made Vicious Circle so bad. Each little story he tells was quick, concise, and funny in his early stuff, but later on every one of his stories or jokes gets stretched out to 15 minutes and just goes on long past when it stopped being interesting.

Kind of like how late 80's, early 90's SNL decided 15 minute sketches were great, even though they stopped being funny after the first 2 minutes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

AlternateAccount posted:

Welp, guess I gotta get some midnight tickets, I totally want that.

I could be completely wrong in this case, but most free "poster" giveaways at the movies are "posters" that measure around 12"x9". Don't go in expecting a typical poster size, let alone a one-sheet.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Hewlett posted:

Okay, so help me out here. Fourth from the right, the alien - what movie is that? It's really bothering me that I don't know it for some reason.

Some movie called "Arthur and the Vengeance of Maltazard".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Aatrek posted:

The new Avengers one-sheet. Is the Hulk really supposed to be three stories tall?

As far as I know, comics Hulk has sometimes been a fixed-height, and at other times he gets bigger the angrier he is. The first Hulk movie used the latter, to the point that he's something like 20 feet tall during the Hulk-Dogs fight. The newer Edward Norton Hulk film seems to keep him at a fixed height.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

jojoinnit posted:

Huh. Colour me surprised.

Me too. I thought Thor was a ridiculously bad movie. Captain America wasn't great or anything, but it was certainly better than Thor.

Did CA's association with "RAH RAH! GO AMERICA! USA! USA! USA!" hurt its chances overseas?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

penismightier posted:

Apocalypse Now.

...but, uh. I don't think Men in Black 3 will be as good as Apocalypse Now.

I still don't get why they're making this movie NOW. The first two made a lot, yeah, but the second was a loving decade ago. Let it die with some honor.

Time means anything in film production? There have been films that took 50 years to get made. Stuff like early sci-fi from Dick and Asimov got optioned back in the 50's, and many of the stories are still in production hell. Rights get passed from owner to owner, studio to studio, endless drafts of screen plays, it goes on forever. 10 years to get a film going is nothing out of the ordinary.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dissapointed Owl posted:

but but but... Dan Aykroyd said... :(

But then Bill Murray said....

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Man, the last decade hasn't been kind on James Spader. Dude looks like he aged 20 years in that time.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I love how the on the Daddy Day Camp ripoff, they literally just photoshopped a head on to Cuba Gooding Jr's body.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lobok posted:

I wonder what people thought of the title "Die Hard" as well. It came out when I was a kid so I don't know a time when Die Hard didn't exist, but the title has always seemed ridiculous to me on its own. Like someone trying to do a parody of the most bad-rear end, 70/80s vigilante or cop flicks.

The phrase "Die Hard" existed long before the film came out. I think it dates back at least a couple hundred years.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Desperado Bones posted:

Is there any other movie that had this type of marketing? Simple and fun?

Meanwhile have some posters from a movie that I thought it was cool, "thought" because I was 17 at the time.

SIZE DOES MATTER

Especially when Godzilla is nowhere near this big in the movie.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

kiimo posted:

I was eight when Jaws 3D came out. Yes I'm old.

My older brother was 17 and worked at a movie theater. They had a very illegal after-hours 3D screening for my idiot brother and all his degenerate friends and my brother brought me.

An eight year-old.

To loving JAWS.

I grew up in Kansas thank god because I wouldn't even go near a waterbed for years.

Why would that be illegal?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Theaters screening films for employees after hours isn't illegal. Most theaters do it and it is often encouraged (Pixar does this a lot) to ensure the film will run perfectly for paying customers.

Well yeah, that's what I was thinking. I dated a girl in high-school that worked at a few theatres and after-hours screenings happened every single friday and saturday. Too bad it didn't work out..... free movies was pretty boss.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

kiimo posted:

Jaws 3D is atrociously bad, btw and also has a horrible poster in keeping with the topic.

I don't know, I think Jaws 3D is ironically terribad. All the cheezy lines, the swaggering brit Simon McCorkindale and his aussie thug assistant, the shark that has now become riduculously large, Lou Gossett Jr. putting on an acting job so bad it's like some sort of neo-minstrel performance, the "it's just a baby, the mother is still inside the park!". It's so bad it becomes good again.

Unlike Jaws: The Revenge, which was just utterly reprehensible. Poor Michael Cain, the only bright light in a sea of poo poo.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Or how to make sex with a sausagephone.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Actually, a giant pacific octopus will gently caress your poo poo up. While slow to anger, if they do come after you they can easily drown you. Their intelligence really shows in that the few times they've attacked divers, they frequently try and pull the divers regulator out of their mouth. The big ones too will frequently attack and eat sharks.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lobok posted:

Octopus camouflage will always be amazing to watch. It's so perfect in both the detail and the transition speed. Incredibly creepy and beautiful at the same time.

Hell yeah! There's that one amazing video of a small octopus hidden in some fan coral or something, and you literally can not see it whatsoever until it suddenly changes color and jets away. Even after you watch it, you can replay it and you still can't pick out exactly where it is, it's camouflaged so perfectly.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Here's that octopus vid. Octopus out of loving nowhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDTtkZlMwM

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Soonmot posted:

This is actually taken from one of the TED Talks collections that just went up on Netflix, I watched it earlier in the week. Awesome stuff.

I just noticed that when I posted this particular clip, but the octo footage in question has been around for quite a while now. I know I've seen it at least 5 years ago. Cool though that one of the TED speakers picked up on this amazing piece of footage and did a talk about their camouflage capabilities.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lobok posted:

I like to imagine that as the people in the audience are clapping in amazement, the octopus is in attendance in a nice suit feeling pretty good about himself.

I could see that happening.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Maxwell Lord posted:

They learn by watching. This is huge in the animal kingdom.

I don't get it, how is that big? Any animals that learn things learn by watching, usually by watching their mother or fellow pack members.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Okay, yeah, if their learning is that fast that's pretty drat cool. I always thought their real show of insight was in problem solving and figuring out problems on their own with no help.

Wasn't there another story at a marine research lab where they kept coming in in the morning to find fish were missing out of one of their tanks. They eventually set up a webcam at night and saw that an octopus in another tank not only figured out how to open the hatch on his tank, he would get out, crawl over to the other tank, and then steal a fish from that tank. After he was done, he would return to his tank and then close the latch behind him.

This is the weirdest/coolest derail I've seen in a while.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

davidspackage posted:

Danny Trejo has his torso put on backwards.

Danna Trejo dresses like a 45-year old woman on a day trip to the farmers market.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

the_american_dream posted:

hahaha no. No it does not

What the big twist then? Give us a spoiler post, as I won't see this until it's out on streaming.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Atasi posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren:
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

The whole scenario is one of many being carried out all over the world, controlled by a group who are attempting to appease ancient gods with a sacrifice of young people. They control the kids with pheromones, genetically engineered monsters and a force field that keeps them from escaping. All the other scenarios fail early on in the movie and so this is the organizations last shot, unfortunately two of the kids survive until sunrise and the ancient gods awaken and destroy the world.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Pfft, that old chestnut?

Seriously though, is anyone like me in that they don't care about spoilers? You can tell me every little detail of a movie and it doesn't alter my enjoyment of a film. For me it's about the whole experience, and knowing that the butler did it is only one small factor in my movie watching. If anything I like read spoilers before I see a movie because then it gets me even more excited to watch it.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 11, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Doomsday was good for about five minutes when they introduced Sol and had him come out on stage, as there was a smattering of brilliance there. Too bad it was saddled with another 90 minutes of terrible crap.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hey, dude could have stuck around longer if only he knew what color the boathouse at Hereford was.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dissapointed Owl posted:

e: Also, what the hell is this

A pretty lousy type of film we release here in Canada every so often that's basically "Aren't the Maritimes such a kooky place fill with such odd, endearing characters?!", that then gets roundly ignored. (just like the Maritimes, :haw:)

Also, I hate Molly Parker.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Has Stallone had more plastic surgery that fixed the trainwreck that is his face, or did they basically use a picture of him from 20 years ago? Dude is looking pretty fresh-faced in that poster. Seems like more than even heavy photoshopping could accomplish considering he was starting to look like some patchwork frankensteins monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dillbag posted:

Tommy Lee Jones as The Terminator.

Nah, definitely an angry Tom Hanks.

quote:

Either this artist hasn't seen the movie, or he's a real fan of LOST.

I totally want to visit Zongo Lane.