Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Harry Potter's taken a creepy turn with the latest film apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

BullChicken posted:

So what do people think of the new JDatE poster? I kind of like it but thought they could have used something more interesting.

I'm starting to think I need to read this book.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
So are we in approval of the new Batman film's posters or not?

And here's a fan-made posters of what the film would be if Riddler was the villain, just because I loving love the Riddler:

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
This poster's such a cluster-gently caress.

edit: I keep laughing at the random non-black guy on there. That Asian guy looks so out of place.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Desperado Bones posted:

CREEPY. But don't be fooled, Tin-Tan was an awesome comedian and the creator of this poster was really talented:

I like this poster, but the rest you seem to be crediting as good simply because they're old and didn't have access to technicolor. If any of those posters were released today we'd be calling them poo poo. Being old doesn't make things better. Having two colors because that's all you could print doesn't make things better. Quality makes things better.

edit: Also that guy's face seriously reminds me of Carlos Mencia.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Human Tornada posted:

I think the Hunger Games poster is pretty good for what it is.

Complaining about a "cliched" pose just seems nitpicky when there's lots of other stuff going on around it, as opposed to the examples where it's just some vague lights or empty scenery. Every poster can't do something completely original.

Agreed. I don't know what else they could really do with the poster in terms of originality... Probably because I haven't read the book and have no goddamn clue what the movie is about beyond teenagers killing each other for other's entertainment. I guess it could be a poster of one child stabbing another in the face while someone watches it on TV with their kids, but I doubt that'd be acceptable in terms of a poster being marketed to kids. Blandness doesn't equal awfulness.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
Has this cartoonish mockery of a poster made it in the thread yet?

I really, really wish Lucas had the balls to abandon that CGI crap and move on to some live action. I'd of probably of gone to theaters to see this if he'd of filmed a few actual WW2 planes in flight. Honestly you could replace any of those CGI planes with X-Wing fighters and I wouldn't notice because it all looks the same anyway. Also this poster conveys to me that the black guys are just trying to escape the war.

"Oh poo poo there's some Nazis battling it out over there and our planes are on fire! Let's just walk away!"

Honestly, nothing about it makes me think heroic black men sacrificing it all to get some goddamn recognition. I was willing to defend the mediocre Hunger Games poster because it's at least limited in what it can do. But this is a film about real life heroes who were handed poo poo planes and told to basically go die so white people could live. Give them some credit in this poster damnit!

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Desperado Bones posted:

It seems people from Spain got the lovely one:

Everything about Luigi looks just awful... It's like you caught him on the toilet with the face he's making.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Slasherfan posted:

I know it's fan made but I'm seeing ALOT of basklash for this movie.

If this was the actual poster I'd so watch this film in theaters.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
New poster, hand-drawn and a bit creative:

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Desperado Bones posted:

I think we haven't posted the poster of The Artist:

I like it, it's simple, black and white with just a little of red.
The bad thing? Scriptina. I'm very sure the "The" is with the font Scriptina.

It looks like one of those "Diamonds are forever" commercials to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

This poster is very subtle about the role the females will play...

I know sexualizing women is nothing new, but I just find it funny that every guy is pictured up to his shoulders, but her tits are not only in focus, but swollen out like her back is arched while wearing the tightest, most form fittingest shirt they could manage.