Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

As someone not in the know, what the hell is the Hunger Games? It's being advertised as if I should.

Things like Harry Potter and LoTR are pretty much cultural icons. Hunger Games... eh, not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

*:words: on Hunger Games*

Sounds pretty awesome! :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I didn't even see Unforgiven and thought it was True Grit... gently caress.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

mousku posted:

So I work in a DVD rental shop and Cass has absolutely one of the worst covers there. The people renting this must have googled the movie beforehand because I refuse to believe anyone would rent this based on the cover only.

I want to see it now based on that cover. WRAAAAAAAGH!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's Reese Witherspoon? Wow. :D

Everytime I see that poster though I think of the rumour that Spy vs Spy from MAD was going to be made into a movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anna Kendrick is so great -- that movie is going to be terrible though. And it will make a fuckton of money based on the fact that Facebook is now Babybook.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Alison Rosen from the Adam Carolla show does a great job of making fun of that book on the pod cast, here was the first one she did.

http://alisonrosen.com/2011/04/what-id-expect-if-i-were-expecting-excerpt-ch-1/

quote:

Excerpt from What I’d Expect if I Were Expecting, Chapter 1: Could I Be Pregnant?

…After months and months of not getting my period and being all fat, I began to wonder, could I be pregnant? It was the last thing I expected——me??? pregnant???– but the signs were all there. Unprotected sex some months before? Check. Morning sickness? Try morning, afternoon and evening sickness! Weird cravings? I’d eaten a pencil and two dry erase boards only moments before. My doctor pointing out the fetal heart rate on the fetal heart rate monitor? I made a mental note to pick up a pregnancy test on my way home from the bar…

Upcoming chapters include:

“What’s Up With My Areolas?”

“I Hope They Serve Ice Chips In Hell”

“What Do You Mean I Can’t Give Birth Underwater Surrounded By Dolphins?”

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress I can't wait for that movie -- I have a feeling good word of mouth is going to make it a ton of money.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've only seen City of Angels since it really felt like a true sequel plus it has one hell of a loving soundtrack. Haven't seen the others but they are more than likely pure poo poo. (I have seen #1, who hasn't? It's a part of most of our teenage angst years)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Screw you guys, The Crow is pretty drat awesome.

Ernie Hudson makes any movie great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

FlamingLiberal posted:

Nope.

Butler better get his act together, because his job is being taken by Renner now...

Renner isn't as good looking as Butler, so he's still okay.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That artist and that font will stick with me forever, I used to read the gently caress out of that magazine growing up. Is it still around?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It's the Predator blu-ray of posters.

:lol: Thank you.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Humboldt squid posted:

I actually think it's great, it reminds me of surrealist automatic drawing.

It immediately reminded me of Pink Floyds 'Meddle' album, which is a ear receiving sound waves underwater.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No such thing as a bad Schwarzenegger movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Parachute posted:

Someone hasn't seen End of Days.

I need to see that again -- it's the only one I don't really remember to well as I watched it once and that was so long ago.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

To each their own but that poster is pretty boring -- not saying the official ones were anything special.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think Hulk is standing on top of that car but that poster isn't for "us". I don't think Iron Man ever fights without his helmet off (that sounds so nerdy).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

McFarlane toys did a "3d" version of that poster along with others, they are pretty great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Binary Logic posted:

You guys are kidding, right? Do you know how hard it is to get the Hulk to stand still and pose for pictures?! LOL

That poster reminds me of this tattoo from Ink Masters. It's supposed to be 'photo-realistic' but the criticism was that you could not take a photo with those sizes.

Is there a realistic Pacman on the other side?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Not really?

It's just left justified and looks fine, different, but fine.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cartoon Man posted:

Whats all that the writing in the clouds?

Isn't that the Constitution?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, the trailer was done really well and it looks pretty funny. I didn't really expect that going in but I was super interested. Better than the Alice poo poo from last time at least.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

And you get to see Debbie Harrys tits. :woop:

There isn't much "body horror" though, maybe the final scene but it's nothing crazy. James Woods is loving fantastic in it too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Uh, out of curiosity, when was the last time you watched it? Cuz I just rewatched it recently and there's a loving lot of it.

Maybe not as much as The Fly, but that's like the Citizen Kane of body horror.

It has been quite a while, I vaguely remember Woods reaching into his stomach. I'll check it out this weekend.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lizard Combatant posted:

That's some appalling lazy design right there.

"We gotta release these before the new film comes out and no one wants to see these stinkers again."

Pretty much.

I can't believe those are real, hahaha.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Unleashed/Danny the Dog is loving amazing along with Hook, a shame you couldn't get anything out of them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wreck-It Ralph already has my money. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxa_p_tULyE

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Codependent Poster posted:

Blind karate master RZA who trained Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow!

gently caress that's awesome.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Technically nothing wrong with it but stylistically it's boring.

EDIT: Oh god, just saw "Love in the Butt"

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 29, 2012

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This one, on the other hand, tells me all I need to know.

And this one, well, gently caress this one.

I need to buy that first one, gently caress that's amazing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is that the actor who plays Jamie Lannister in Game of Thrones on the bottom right?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1614989/ -- Yup, that's him! Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just barely noticed it -- for some reason my eyes weren't drawn to their faces at all. Just the stuff inside them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hahaha, that's brilliant and terrible.

Now is it me or does something seem off with Xzibits body/head?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dillbag posted:

He also teaches what is possibly the creepiest acting class ever.

"this guy a combination of david bowie and the devil" is probably my favourite quote of the day!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mondo Toy Story went up around noon today, of course sold out right away. Tomorrow is Dark Shadows.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

quote:

Tomorrow, we will release leftover prints from Texas Frightmare Weekend and the first screening in the Alamo Drafthouse's Summer of 1982 Series. We have HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER by Ken Taylor, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST. by Jay Shaw and CONAN: THE BARBARIAN by Jason Edmiston. These are also available RIGHT NOW at our gallery in Austin, TX. If you haven't been by yet, come and say hey. 4115 Guadalupe St. Austin, TX 78751

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. These posters will be available online at a random time on Thursday, May 17th.

http://app.e2ma.net/app2/campaigns/archived/1406483/885b002523c40dabead007d3361d5292/

I have to, HAVE TO get one of those Conan posters, oh gently caress tomorrow is going to be stressful.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Shanty posted:

It's cool that it's a film poster and all, but if you're gonna hang some conan on your walls, why not go to the man himself?

Because Schwarzenegger. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, the ship explosion was in the first trailer/teaser, not much of a spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Part of those horns come based on listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB-wuKo9rW0