Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

mobby_6kl posted:

There's actually another poster for Red Tails. Not exactly terrible, but floating heads :suicide:

And this is how I discovered that there was another poster:

Yeah.

I think I'd like this one better if the back plane wasn't flying outside of the frame as well. It looks neat with the first plane, but with the second it looks like they're dogfighting infront of the world's largest picture frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Black Lighter posted:

Not a poster, but this parodies the style pretty explicitly:

I loving love The Boys even more now.

EDIT: I just fake-shot a horse in your office :cool:

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 26, 2012

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

Lazy photoshopping besides, I think that's actually a pretty decent poster. Somebody can look at it with no prior knowledge of the film and figure out that it's about two spies who fight over Reese Witherspoon. It's not great, but it gets the job done.

Thats not Cameron Diaz?

EDIT: Woah, its not.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

NINbuntu 64 posted:

Suburban Commando is an amazing film and I'll hear no ill words spoken of it.

You're a dead man Ramsey!

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Hashtags are the new QR codes.

The new "facebook.com/(moviename)"

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

The Triumphant posted:

I love this poster because it highlights one of my favorite things about the movie-- that Robo drives a beat-up Ford Taurus. Which, if you look at his legs, he can't even fit into right.

Yeah, when Weller drove he did so without the bottom half of the suit right? Also there are no full body shots of him getting out of a car in the movie.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

oldpainless posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Monument_to_the_Forefathers

This is a documentary, in fact. I had assumed it was like National Treasure or something.

It probably contains as much fact as National Treasure, so you're about half right.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

He could be an excellent G-Man in a Half-Life movie, look at those cheekbones.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

... that looks like Tommy Lee Jones.

I see Chris Cooper.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

The canon Saint's Row boss is Jason Statham from Crank, sorry :colbert:

Why do you think they added co-op?

EDIT: Imagine THAT movie, now weep because it doesn't exist.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Actually, a giant pacific octopus will gently caress your poo poo up. While slow to anger, if they do come after you they can easily drown you. Their intelligence really shows in that the few times they've attacked divers, they frequently try and pull the divers regulator out of their mouth. The big ones too will frequently attack and eat sharks.

At the Seattle aquarium a couple years ago, fish started disappearing in their large tank. They figured it was the sharks doing it and set up a camera to record and double check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFOEZh1Lbbg

It was not.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Robert Denby posted:

This year… they're going to do it… again!

I can't not see his right arm end in a stump. I just can't see the hand.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Tardcore posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, hold up, there are people that don't like Hard Candy?

I've never been fond of the super smart kid who knows everything character, so Hard Candy was infuriating to me. Ellen Paige was incredible though in her ability to play that character.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Robert Denby posted:

Let's all come back into the warm, loving embrace of awful Photoshop...

Those hands...

Thats Danny Devito, not Bob Hoskins.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

I guess I ment horse movies in general, and your right, just because I'm sick of the genre doesn't mean their target demorgraphic won't keep paying money to see them.

Is it sad that I can't name one Bob Hoskins movie since Roger Rabbit or Super Mario Brothers?

Enemy at the Gates is the only one I can think of.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

mistaya posted:

"I'm Sean Bean and I probably die in this movie."

I can seriously only think (without checking imdb) of one movie where he lives, but at the end he gets arrested.

EDIT: Silent Hill movie. Thats two.

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 27, 2012

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Is that a dude surfing on an explosion or an army man caught in the barbed wire? Regardless what the hell is it actually supposed to be?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

kiimo posted:

Good thing he's only three days from retirement.

Just put a down payment on a boat too.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Iacen posted:

Don't get me wrong, he looks like someone I really wouldn't piss off, but who is he? Is he a well-known actor?

Never the less, I'll be watching this movie like hell. The premiss sounds badass!

Hes an up and coming British actor. He had a really great role in The Wire as Stringer Bell, the ship captain in Prometheus, and Heimdall in Thor.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

And those posters will be about $300-$400 after Comic-Con if you wanted one. :(

My boss has the Mondo "The Thing" poster from the screening last month. It taunts me when I walk past his office.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I don't really know if the tagline is a "joke" or as a selling point, but the movie is (predictably) terrible.

Does ANYONE who goes to see these even know what "Scary Movie" is these days? Why do they keep using this tagline?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

I see this DVD at the grocery store every saturday and I'm seriously tempted to get it.

Eliminate Crime!

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

I haven't seen Westworld since I was a kid. Is it as awesome as I remember it being?

It is still pretty awesome.

Mister Chief posted:

Worst tagline ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvZjwTcIVKw

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Ez posted:

I just can't wrap my mind around how those arms and hands work. Also Andy Milonakis is still alive, who knew?

A movie so bad it doesn't even get a "National Lampoon's".

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

flatluigi posted:

I'm pretty sure the baby is the pledge.

Its like if someone thought Old School didn't go far enough with the "fraternity where anyone can pledge!"

OR if the Old School writers kicked out guy who kept suggesting a baby as a pledge, so he said gently caress you and spent nearly 10 years writing a script and getting funding for his dream project.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

For the longest time, I thought this was Paul Reiser.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Wasn't Big Trouble In Little China written as a Buckaroo Banzai movie? I know WD Richter wrote it.

EDIT: Wow I am really mis-informed on Big Trouble In Little China, wikipedia tells me.

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 2, 2012

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

TheJoker138 posted:

The (were)wolves in Twilight are giant.

E:

Haha, they're staring past each other.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

I hadn't heard the coke habit thing but I've heard multiple showbiz people on podcasts talk about how he is a truly horrible human being. Nobody seems to want to give out specific examples but it seems like it's generally agreed he's a huge rear end in a top hat. So I guess I wouldn't be too surprised to learn he's a stereotypical coke-fueled egomaniac with a short fuse.

The one that I heard was John Cusack was pretty good friends with him, getting him parts in movies like Say Anything. When Entourage exploded in popularity he told Cusack to gently caress off.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

uPen posted:

I'm sure there's others.

God this just reminded me that The Plague Dogs exists and I need to go hug my dog for the next four hours. :smith:

EDIT: 'A special kind of movie magic' were they purposefully trying to scar children?

EDIT #2: Also the top tagline. What the gently caress?

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 23, 2012

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Its the only book thats so loving depressing, they amended the ending to have them rescued and returned to Snitter's original owner, who hadn't died after all, but had just been in the hospital.

Richard Adams must really loving hate animals or children.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Or really hate animal testing/environmental destruction (Plague Dogs and Watership Down, respectively).

Also? Dude knows his loving rabbits.

Watership Down was and is one of my favorite books, yet I've never gotten around to watching the movie somehow.

Ahh yeah thats the much better conclusion. Forgot the testing place was named ARSE.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Frostwerks posted:

I haven't seen the movie in forever and I don't even think I saw the whole thing last time I did. What's it meaning to depict?

The girl's green eyes, with a lightning bolt?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Vegetable posted:

What's wrong with that poster? Except that he looks apologetic and un-American :patriot:

His elbows look like they're coming at you, then bending back towards him.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Die Hard: Nemesis.

Yeah I could see Tom Hardy as a young John McClane.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Jedit posted:

Getting back to discussion of actual movie posters, does anyone know who painted this one? It doesn't look like Greg and Tim Hildebrandt and I don't think it's Struzan either.

Wikipedia says Boris Vallejo. Also says he did the Aqua Teen Hunger Force one as well.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

jet sanchEz posted:

I've always liked this poster, the layout of the characters around the page and those crazy goggles appeal to me. I think Bill Sienkiewicz drew it but I am not sure.

Man, Jimmy Fallon hasn't aged a day.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

SRM posted:

It has some really good sight gags.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuooxKRfyg

This and the President Ford joke. They had some really good visual gags.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

MokBa posted:

Yes, Drive, in which Ron Perlman is third billed. Not seventh. There wasn't anyone else relatively known in that movie, right? Just Gosling, Mulligan, and Hellboy.

Albert Brooks just keeps getting snubbed :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know why, but this is my favorite gag/joke in Scary Movie 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuooxKRfyg
Its so simple yet for some reason it makes me laugh every time. Leslie Nielsen as the president was also great. Another of my favorite gags in that movie was this:

Yeah, those both echo'd Airplane! + Hot Shots! and therefore were awesome. ZAZ is in there somewhere, crying for help to get out!

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 14, 2013