Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

fenix down posted:

Why the gently caress is Unforgiven lumped in there. Doesn't it pre-date all the rest by at least a decade?

I'm touchy because it's close to my favorite poster of all time, for one of my favorite movies of all time. It seems like lumping an image of Led Zeppelin or Queen in the middle of a montage of shameless 90s beat sampling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I sometimes get shocked that a person can manage to hold a certain opinion. Today my shock was that people don't like the robot names in Pacific Rim.

Gipsy DANGERRRRRRRR. STRIKER EUREKA!

I mean are you kidding. These names are incredible. What do you want to call your giant robots? Bob? Steve? Oh thank goodness, Bob and Steve are here.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

MisterBibs posted:

Something that appropriately informs the country or people that created it and use it to defend themselves, which is entirely reasonable.

I imagined it as more a global program than each country building it's own personal defender. If Japan is about to be crushed, are Striker Eureka and Gipsy Danger just expected to stand around and watch?

All the names are just two cool sounding words slapped together. Maybe you shimmy in a connection to the nation that built it but this didn't seem like a competition between nations so much as a collaboration. I haven't seen the movie so I could be wrong.