Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

morestuff posted:

Everyone's in a rush to punch stupid loving faces these days

- Trump 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

"Duhhhh... I forgot what I was going to say."

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I get that they need to make a clear distinction between the stand-alone movies and the trilogies, but putting "A Star Wars Story" after the title just seems clunky as hell to me.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Guarantee you there will be a Toschi Station movie.

Shot-for-shot remake of "American Graffiti" on Tatooine. "Biggs was reported missing in action over the Death Star."

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

The MSJ posted:

These birds don't seem angry enough.

Wow, very impressed that they got noted voice actor and beloved children's entertainer Sean Penn.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Good God, what are those parachutes attached to?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I think it's the best looking movie ever on the show, but not the best.

Correct, it's actually It Conquered the World.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

"Transformers Age of Extinction" also features one of the heroic Autobots encountering a caged alien on a spaceship. He taunts it, it spits in his face, he shoots its head off and calls its corpse a "bitch." The entire movie is a Super Bowl commercial for despair.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I2

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just looked this up, and I cannot state how disappointed I am that this isn't about a surfer going up against a shark possessed by the devil.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3120314/

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

ravenkult posted:

Does anyone remember what cancelled movie had the poster with the parachutist hanging from a tree? It was a WW2 horror flick I believe (not Overlord).

I believe you're thinking of "Worst Case Scenario:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ-pQmQw7t8

It was one of the first attempts at crowdsourcing a movie until Zach Braff ruined that idea for everyone. Although that version of the movie didn't happen, most of the costumes and creature effects were recycled in a different movie called "Frankenstein's Army." It's okay.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

K. Waste posted:

Frankenstein's Army rules, you weenie

I didn't say I didn't like it!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

"'HAWMPS!' The movie that answers the question, "HAWMPS?'"

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Do you even build anything with Playmobil?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Whoever is in charge of the DC movies decided that they should turn away from Nolan/Snyder and instead emulate Flash Gordon and I salute them for it.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Halloween and one of its three direct sequels, Halloween.

After Halloween II (1981) and Halloween II (2009), Halloween (2018) is the third Halloween II.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Does that mean the upcoming Halloween 2 will be the fourth Halloween 2 or will it be the second (or possibly third) Halloween 3?

The only Halloween III to date was not a direct sequel to Halloween. This means Halloween II (2020) will be the first Halloween III.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I bought one of these boxes ages back, what to watch first oh Brandon Lee how bad can it be

Reader, it is not often I fall asleep at a movie, but here...

I don’t think I ever watched another disc out of the whole box :o:

If the set you have includes Top Line, that’s not too terrible. Franco Nero uncovers an alien conspiracy with some gooey SFX in the last third.

Star Knight might be there, too. Klaus Kinski and Harvey Keitel fight a UFO in medieval times.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Oof. Well, that’s what we get for buying movies by the pound, I guess.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

One of those guys down there is probably Don Cheadle - getting closer!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Never forget that Sony had an Aunt May movie in development for a hot second.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

They’ve been pushing that Irresistable movie hard and boy howdy that’s a bad poster.

The look on Carell’s face is like: “Do YOU have any idea what this loving movie is about? Cause I don’t.” Meanwhile Byrne is like, “Ew, are you thinking about watching this thing?”

Great use of white space, too. Just top-notch promotional material.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

“Who are you married to?”

Hopefully not the 11-year-old boy on that poster because that is illegal in most of the world.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

And Gary Graham! Add Robert Davi or Chuck Norris and you’ve got a World Net Daily opinion page all in one movie!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

My immediate reaction was gently caress yeah that's weird

Then I realized that I absolutely would put up a Ghoulies poster despite never having seen the movie.

Which is funny because Ghoulies is the primal example of a movie that ruins its poster.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

el oso posted:

Great movie, awful posters

Clive Owen is Watching You Masturbate

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Firstborn posted:

I will say this: he can actually shoot. He's actually a really good shot.

Tell that one guy’s dog.

https://www.eonline.com/news/261470/did-steven-seagal-kill-a-dog-during-a-cockfight-bust

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The trajectory of the Police Academy movies always amused me. The first one is your standard raunchy late 70s/early 80s comedy with a solid R rating. It does well so I guess they wanted more...kids to see it? Because the first sequel was PG-13, and then every one after that was PG with humor aimed at ten year olds. With the exception of the Blue Oyster Bar scenes.

They turned it into a cartoon and a line of action figures, too:

https://youtu.be/QCUoYIECWAY

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Why should we trust the Justice League with protecting the world if they can't even keep their own logo safe?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

"Risen" doesn't look like a huge improvement over "Fallen," if you ask me. Yay, there's a flag, everything's still blown up.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"We've upgraded from Man of Steel's 75 9/11s to TWO HUNDRED 9/11s"

Most superhero movies seem committed to making superheroes terrible and horrifying.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I do hope that it it just blatantly pro-fur. That would be such a fun controversy, if Disney released an movie just about how it's cool and glamorous to wear fur coats.

Made from PUPPIES, even.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

fatherboxx posted:

Eastwood may still make movies at 90 but im sure Trejo will still have 15-20 credited roles yearly when he hits that age

Trejo famously accepts almost every role he’s offered. I remember an interview where he said he’s more than happy to help burgeoning filmmakers and also appreciates how he got a second chance after serving time.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

That looks an awful lot like one of those slip covers they put over a bunch of different movies to make them all look the same on the shelf.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

uPen posted:

Basically the plot to John Wick but with a pig instead.

John Weeeeeeeeeee-ck

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Cracking up over how that lady looks straight up mad to be on that poster. "loving contract specified no nudity, but my bullshit agent says a wet white t-shirt with no bra doesn't count. gently caress this movie"

“Get a good look, rear end in a top hat?”

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Can we talk about the new artwork for the LA Story anniversary blu-ray?

I mean, I know it's not a film that's ever had particularly good art linked to it, but ouch. I like the non-backwards reflection in the 20? 60? year old Steve Martin's glasses.

Why is it nighttime in downtown LA but seemingly still late afternoon wherever Steve Martin is standing?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Getting strong “Wesley Snipes refuses to open his eyes on the set of Blade 3” vibes from Bruce there.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Does Willam Dafoe really rock a long afro in this movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Lobok posted:

No, he goes on a Spring Break trip to Jamaica with his besties and comes back with tight braids.

How Goblin Got His Groove Back