Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kramjacks posted:

Apparently Bella gives birth to a porcelain doll in Breaking Dawn 2.

Children in heavy makeup look really weird to me.

This is the ultimate troll. It's going to rake in millions upon millions of dollars no matter how godawful the poster is (it's REALLY bad).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Those are about as good as the fake one :cawg:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dillbag posted:

According to the link he's part of the Irish coven, whatever the gently caress that means.

I thought the only other vampires in the movies were Italian :confused:

(Watched the movies for the RiffTrax. Also, I read all the books a few years ago so I could have validation for making fun of them. I read Breaking Dawn but I barely remember anything about it. Don't remember any Irish vampires.)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mistaya posted:

Breaking Dawn 1 (even with Rifftrax) was one of the most intensely boring movies I have ever seen, about one of the most intensely boring couples I have ever seen. I don't think it will do anything worse than put your average goon to sleep for a couple hours.

Yeah, the RiffTrax was one of the best (all the Twilight RiffTraxes are), but the movie itself was just painfully dull. After New Moon, I thought it couldn't get much worse. Eclipse was...not as bad, I guess? I've completely forgotten everything that happened in it, so I guess if it was worse than New Moon, I would have remembered. Breaking Dawn Part 1, though, was probably the most boring thing ever committed to film.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pesky Splinter posted:

Holy loving poo poo, I would seriously buy the audio book is he was the one reading it aloud. I haven't laughed this much in ages.

That one's incredible. I almost cried from laughing so hard the first time I heard it.

There's also this one of Jon St. John (Duke Nukem) reading it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUa-3W0BFI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh goddamnit :smithicide:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheJoker138 posted:

I think that teaser poster is fine. It's nothing special, but the movie hasn't even started shooting yet and is a year off, so it's not like they have a ton to work with at this point. Plus, I like the Omnicorp motto on the side.

Pretty much this. It's not offensive, but it's not super interesting either. At least they used the same typeface as the original, and as TheJoker138 said, the OCP motto.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Filllion is still the only logical choice for Drake :colbert:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

the_american_dream posted:

Why why why does Uncharted need a movie??? It loving is a movie as is dammit stop

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots

Coming to theaters Winter 2013

(Actually if this ever became a thing, Hideo Kojima would make sure to one-up Peter Jackson making The Hobbit into 3 movies by making any MGS movie into 6 :v:)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

teagone posted:

This is loving awesome.

:lol:

axleblaze posted:

Expendables 2 is really trying it's darnedest to convince me that it'll be a movie worth seeing. The problem is that after the last one there's very little that can convince me of that (including goons saying it's good because that's I went to see the original in the first place).

I'm gonna see it anyway, despite being totally let down by the first one. Although my expectations were really high for the first one and now I've lowered my expectations dramatically for this one, so maybe I'll enjoy it more.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah, is Joaquin Phoenix back to doing movies again? He hasn't been in anything since I'm Still Here, right? That was a couple years ago. And that was about how he hadn't been in anything in a couple years before that. Awesome!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Robert Denby posted:

That long-shelved "Red Dawn" remake has a poster (and a distributor other than MGM strangely enough):

What a generic poster. Wonder what the original movie had as its poster?

Oh come on. The original had the coolest loving poster, and that poster for the remake is the definition of lazy :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slasherfan posted:

Decent poster for Dredd!

I know this isn't much but it definitely gets me pumped for that movie :flashfap:

(I also enjoyed the trailer too, so I think I'm gonna dig this remake. Reboot. Whatever the hell it is.)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yodzilla posted:

Goddamn do I hate parody films now. I can't remember the last actual good spoof came out.

Aw, come on. Cabin in the Woods wasn't that long ago!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm convinced I have to see Blood Beach now. No matter if it's excellent or terrible, that's probably one of the greatest movie posters I've ever seen.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 5, 2012

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I usually like a lot of Drive fan posters, but I saw that one on Tumblr yesterday and instantly cracked up laughing at how godawful it was.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I'm not sure what this other Cedar Rapids movie Ed Helms apparently was in is about.

It looks like it might as well be named "National Lampoon Presents: American Pie's Cedar Rapids Starring the Guy From The Hangover."

Cedar Rapids was mostly unfunny and kind of depressing at times from what I remember, so that cover has probably led to a lot of people renting it / buying it and being very disappointed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tupping Liberty posted:

There's one like this is my theatre, except it's set up to shoot Mike Wachowski from Monster's Inc.

I saw one in my theater last night set up so that he's shooting the dog from Frankenweenie. But the dog in that movie gets reanimated anyway, so I guess it's cool. Or has he already been reanimated in the standee, in which case Bond would be killing him again?

Oh well, if the kid in Frankenweenie was able to reanimate his dead dog once, he can do it again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Chief posted:

Not to be confused with another CG animated feature film series staring African animals.

How do you pronounce that? Zam-bee-zee-uh? Doesn't seem to roll off the tongue quite as well as Madagascar.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That sure is a lot of people partaking in such an epic battle :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is The Paperboy based off of the NES game?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Farbtoner posted:

Every one of those quotes is indistinguishable from the real thing and this person spent more time and effort coming up with poop jokes than any floating head photoshop artist.

Holy gently caress, this keeps getting better the more you look at it :suspense:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It looks like a combination of a classy as gently caress poster from decades ago and a not so classy poster from the modern day. I can't really tell whether I liked it or not.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slasherfan posted:

New poster for Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3d

Oh come on, that's just lazy as hell compared to Texas Chainsaw 2003's poster:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vagabundo posted:

Is it another remake?

It's supposed to be a sequel to the original from 1974.

At first I thought it was a remake, and the trailer they're showing for it in theaters has a line like "It happened before. Now it's happening again." in it. First time I saw that, I burst out laughing in the theater. I thought it was loving hilarious. But then I found out it was a sequel and it wasn't as funny anymore, but it was still pretty goddamn funny.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is that the official poster for The Last Stand or a fan-made one? If it's official, then goddamn.

That poster actually makes me want to see this. The trailers didn't really interest me, but that poster is awesome.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Before my brain actually processed the words in the image, the typeface and wrought iron made me think I was looking at a poster for a Disney film.

Me too. For some reason I thought it was another Narnia film or something like that, then I read the title and felt really dumb :haw:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why is that just now coming out? I saw that movie like 2 or 3 years ago. It wasn't very good, but the gifs that came out of it along with the recut horror trailer for it on YouTube almost made it worthwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8b8oXjN9KM

I don't think that was the video I saw a while back that I liked so much, but it's still funny :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

404GoonNotFound posted:

It's been out, they're just re-releasing it under a different name to get some of that Ted money around Xmas time, ala The Asylum.

Oh, got it. Christ, a few people are in for a really weird surprise then.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rahonavis posted:

This poster's pretty neat, but the text up top just throws me for a loop every time. I'm guessing the single common element in all three films is the company that did the 3D effects?

Before I scrolled down and saw the title, I thought this was a sequel to Hugo. Also, that's a lot of blue and orange! :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kiimo posted:

That's disappointing if unsurprising. How might you know this? Just curious.

And we released this look for Argo after trying to kill it. This was created for the Toronto Film Festival and then we resurrected it because people kept asking for a copy.

That's loving awesome. I love the design of it. And thanks for reminding me that I still need to go see Argo! :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Benny the Snake posted:

Argo's official poster is quite generic but I like this one

I just got back from seeing it a little while ago, and this poster makes much more sense in the context of the movie ;)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Slippery Nipple posted:

Never heard of this movie but goddamn I want the poster.

Seek out this movie and watch it as soon as you can. It's pretty brutal and incredibly entertaining!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

This is a real thing that exists.

Good god :ughh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

When I scrolled over that One Dark Night poster, that's exactly what I was thinking and going to post until I saw yours :laffo:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ez posted:

I don't really like Dreamworks and I don't know what Rise of the Guardians is, but I really like that poster.

Yeah, this exactly. I thought it was Legend of the Guardians (that animated owl movie from a couple years ago) at first. That's some drat nice artwork, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

AndyP posted:

And now, The Asylum:

The Asylum puts out a lot of poo poo, but this is how you make a loving movie poster right here :lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kiimo posted:

Nope not working on this one thank God, I don't want to be spoiled any more than I am now.

Same guy who let this slip soooooo

That was one of the best posters of any movie in recent memory :allears:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Goddamnit, I had completely forgotten that I'd seen the preview for that movie until now :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fayez Butts posted:

I had no idea this was still happening! very excited

Yeah, me neither. What the hell? :stare:

I'm excited too now!