Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
The counterargument is that the kyokai didn't hold Kakuryu to that standard either, so you could argue that one win and surrounding excellent showings are now what they consider to be the requirement for promotion (possibly taking into consideration that these wrestlers are competing against the GOAT in Hakuho?). Plus, it has always been at their whims and given the unofficial nature of the 2 consecutive yusho "rule". That coupled with him actually being Japanese, I don't see any reason to believe the kyokai wouldn't promote him with a 14-1 result.

Now, if you want to argue that Kise doeesn't deserve the promotion without consecutive yusho, that's a different argument entirely. And one I don't necessarily disagree with.

Also, I just realized that Hakuho will hit his decade anniversary of promotion in May. Doesn't seem like it has been that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Ikioi's fear of snakes is both hilarious and endearing. Also, I need more of this in my life.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Day 5 second half only:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwJYBvDzt2I

Pvt. Public fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 18, 2017

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Yeah, it wasn't even close. Though there's no protocol (that I know of) for the fight to be contested again if the gyoji misses a matta and a winner gets declared. And since the shimpan made no move to correct the situation, that seems likely.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Yeah, I'll join in.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Sorry, works has sucked this week.

Y/O: Hakuho / Kisenosato / Takayasu
S/K: Yoshikaze / Onosho / Kotoshogiku
M1-5: Tamawashi / Tochiozan / Shohozan
M6-10: Tochinoshin / Endo / Ikioi
M11-15: Aoiyama / Ura / Takakaze

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

Kenning posted:

Currently the only person holding a kyujo wrestler is Pvt. Public, who has Aoiyama.

Shiiiiiiiiit. I thought I had Aminishiki! I forgot who I picked already. :/

I would like to make that trade, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I'm in.