Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I still can't believe you guys aren't only talking about jerseys from 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I bought a Jose Fernandez from dhgate.com. It arrives tomorrow.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I just went browsing there and it's a ghost town compared to what it used to be.

Has anything else popped up or is the dream finally dead?

I did end up finding one, by the way. I just tried looking again, and yeah pretty much everything is down. I dunno if there is a different place that jerseys are being sold from again.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 14, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

GNU Order posted:

I still can't believe you guys aren't only talking about jerseys from 2012

It was a good year.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

KKKLIP ART posted:

I did end up finding one, by the way. I just tried looking again, and yeah pretty much everything is down. I dunno if there is a different place that jerseys are being sold from again.

TheBizness said dhgate.com. I just checked and there looks to be a lot of stuff. I found some hockey jerseys cheaper than AliExpress...after I had already ordered one.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My dhgate order originally had a delivery date of Oct 13th but was apparently want even shipped til the 8th, was still in Shanghai on the 12th.

Ordered it on September 27th.

Will give a quality update if and when it arrives.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

My dhgate order originally had a delivery date of Oct 13th but was apparently want even shipped til the 8th, was still in Shanghai on the 12th.

Ordered it on September 27th.

Will give a quality update if and when it arrives.
Be sure to leave a review on there too:

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Made my first ever aliexpress order last night after a lot of deliberation. Woke up today to find that the store has vanished.

Should I be panicking?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Serotonin posted:

Made my first ever aliexpress order last night after a lot of deliberation. Woke up today to find that the store has vanished.

Should I be panicking?

Surely you paid with a CC or paypal, right? If you don't have any sort of info on the company or someone there you can contact, do a chargeback. If you used a check card, inform your bank and have them cancel the card and send a new one, just in case.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Surely you paid with a CC or paypal, right? If you don't have any sort of info on the company or someone there you can contact, do a chargeback. If you used a check card, inform your bank and have them cancel the card and send a new one, just in case.

Considering he ordered last night I think he's just wondering if it's a scam? Which in the past it hasn't been for people in this thread at least, even if the quality isn't 100% spot on.

I don't remember anyone having fraud issues at the least.

e: Oops I'm an idiot and just noticed he said the store vanished. Hmmm. Does the confirmation email have somewhere to contact and does that work? The main aliexpress site still seems to come up for me.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 11, 2016

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

It's the aliexpress seller that's vanished although the order has now moved to the shipping stage. There's buyer protection on aliexpress so I should be ok I guess

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Serotonin posted:

It's the aliexpress seller that's vanished although the order has now moved to the shipping stage. There's buyer protection on aliexpress so I should be ok I guess

Edit: cancelled and requested a refund.

Amy where else vaguely reliable to buy knock offs?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I apologize for not having any pictures available at the moment but in regards to my Jose Fernandez jersey purchase from dhgate.com:

It was worth $18 for sure but not as nice as my Cam Newton jersey I got from Ali Express last Christmas.

The collar is cut wrong and it seems a little short (although that may be due to the depth of the collar cut).

Also I don't really care for the Cool Base material compared to my decade old authentic I got outside of Wrigley, but I don't think that has anything to do with the vendor.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

I ordered from Jerseyshopus.com . Will post pics if it ever turns up

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Lmao the aliexpress cancellation got rejected as apparently it's been shipped. I'm possibly going to end up with 2 jerseys at this rate. Guess I could stick one on eBay. Guess I just have to be careful regarding wording if I do.

Edit. Jerseyshopus agreed to swap my order for a different shirt. Fingers crossed

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 12, 2016

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Jerseyshop looks cool because it has kids and womens jerseys, which was an issue with AliExpress

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Well my first jersey arrived, the one from some random Aliexpress store. I'm really impressed. Other than a couple of very minor areas with poor stitching ( on the NFL badge and on the name tag) which only notice under scrutiny it's drat good. Of course I've nothing to compare it to other than my sons authentic youth game jersey, and it's way better than that.

Here's a few pics. My other shirt should be arriving soon. Be interesting to see how they compare.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Is there any place currently you can buy a custom college jersey? I have some Christmas gift ideas but it's been a while since I've ordered knockoffs and I've never done a personalized one.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 28, 2016

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Well my Jennashop jersey arrived and it blows the one I bought (by mistake!) off the shut down Aliexpress shop out the water in every way. I was really happy with the original Jones shirt but the difference with the Jennshop one in quality is immense. Much heavier better quality material, better stitiching, reinforced neck.The cut is slightly more generous which is the only small down side as I like the slightly tighter more casualwear look to the other one.

Definitely recommend jerseyshopus.

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 30, 2016

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Serotonin posted:

Well my Jennashop jersey arrived and it blows the one I bought (by mistake!) off the shut down Aliexpress shop out the water in every way. I was really happy with the original Jones shirt but the difference with the Jennshop one in quality is immense. Much heavier better quality material, better stitiching, reinforced neck.The cut is slightly more generous which is the only small down side as I like the slightly tighter more casualwear look to the other one.

This is good to know. I bought a couple of jerseys for my mom from there (I think because of your posts) and they're out for delivery right now.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Serotonin posted:

Did you order your normal size or have to go up? I think I'm about to buy a Zeke jersey on there

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Did you order your normal size or have to go up? I think I'm about to buy a Zeke jersey on there

I dont have anything to compare it to tbh. I went for a large ( Im 6 ft 4 and 210lbs) and its pretty generously sized.

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 4, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/GoArmyWestPoint/status/805820925362970624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs are wearing all reds for color rush. So basically Nike couldn't have their way with the Chiefs and make them into mustard.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

lol, people are getting mad because it's tradition to have the flag flying backwards when it's on the right sleeve.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's the same orientation the 82nd had on their gear apparently so I fail to see a problem

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Serotonin posted:

They don't have Marquette King jerseys. :(

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I can't funds that site myself... Please Make it a little clearer where I should go?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

MrLogan posted:

They don't have Marquette King jerseys. :(
I've always wondered how the custom/personalized ones are in case they don't have the player you want, I don't think anyone here has tried.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

japtor posted:

I've always wondered how the custom/personalized ones are in case they don't have the player you want, I don't think anyone here has tried.

I just have. Got one for my daughter on order. Will post when it arrives

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Serotonin posted:

I just have. Got one for my daughter on order. Will post when it arrives

Which player, or did you customize it with her name?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Which player, or did you customize it with her name?

Her name.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

KettleWL posted:

I can't funds that site myself... Please Make it a little clearer where I should go?

https://www.jerseyshopus.com

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Link doesn't work, that's one of the few I was trying that wasn't coming up!

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

KettleWL posted:

Weird.

https://www.jerseyshopus.com

Working for me.

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 12, 2016

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

My Xmas present order for my kids arrived. Sadly my wife whipped them away to before I got pictures. Again both were from jerseyshopus.com. Both are kids jerseys so are copies of the Game shirts as opposed to mine which was an elite/on field. Difference of course being between my sons authentic Cam Newton shirt and the new 'fake' Beckham Jr one is this has stitched numbers as opposed to the crappy screen print. To be honest the fake shirt looks better than the authentic one.

My daughters was a custom named Jags shirt. The custom name plate is fantastic, even uses the correct font for her name. Only criticism is the stitching around the gold collar detail is a little off and the colour is a touch too yellow to my eyes. Again here in the U.K. no one is gonna notice.
Of the two the Giants top is the better but only because it's probably the more simple shirt (the blue home one) to copy. There's not a lot in it though and I'm really satisfied with the quality and can't wait to see them try them on on Xmas day.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

KettleWL posted:

The "https" is the problem.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

topenga posted:

The "https" is the problem.

Ah I think SA app adds that. Sorry!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
a british girl wearing a custom jags jersey with her name on it...the sequel to love actually sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

v2vian man posted:

a british girl wearing a custom jags jersey with her name on it...the sequel to love actually sucks

Lol. Actually the Jaguars are fairly popular here mainly due to the number of games they've played at Wembley. I see they are on fixture list for next season too. Rumours have been that if Europe gets a franchise it will be the Jags.

• Locked thread