Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I mean to live in Britain is a relentless hell of endless disappointment so sure the Jags are going to fit right in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Vando posted:

I mean to live in Britain is a relentless hell of endless disappointment so sure the Jags are going to fit right in!

Fair point

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
hell we're happy rooting for the jags but then again we're happy eating beans and toast for breaky

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

When I chose the Falcons as my team lots of posters kept telling me I was going to be disappointed. They clearly didn't understand the British mentality

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

topenga posted:

The "https" is the problem.

Thanks for the help!

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

KettleWL posted:

Thanks for the help!

No worries.

The jerseys I ordered from JerseyShopUS came in (fairly quickly!) and look pretty drat nice. My mom was very pleased with her Dak Prescott jersey for her birthday. She'll be just as happy with the Ezekiel Elliot one on Christmas morn (she couldn't decide which one she wanted).

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

My wife hadn't wrapped the kids jerseys after all.
Here's some pics

The Jags shirt looks reasonable to my admittedly inexperienced eyes. The collar detail looks off to me, too yellow and the material is a slightly odd vinyl feel to it. The rest looks good. Badge is ok, well embroidered but on close inspection looks a tiny bit off, and the custom name plate seems decent.

My sons Giants shirt looks better but obviously it's a way simpler design. The colours look better in real life for both shirts ( other than that yellow collar detail on the Jags) as I was in a poorly lit room trying to quickly get snaps before the presents were wrapped.

What's interesting to me is these shirts are very different to the one I ordered for myself. The kids ones are direct copies of the Game jerseys right down to the direct printed garment label whereas my Elite shirt has a proper sown label. Obviously the big standout for these Game jerseys is stitched numbers but in all honesty putting my sons authentic Nike panthers jersey next to the Giants Chinese copy , I'd pick the copy every time as the better product.

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 19, 2016

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

God man...

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I like that, but I gotta ask why stop at white when they could have red masks? Or do Giants fans really wish the red would disappear from their color palette?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Red masks would be garish IMO. There is a red stripe down the middle of the helmet which you cannot see. But to your point, most Giants fans would like to see the red gone, even as an accent color. I don't mind it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I think the Giants white shirts, grey pants, and red socks might be my favorite outfit in the entire league. It is clean as hell. That look will never go out of style.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nothin beats 90's Bills

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My favorite simple, classic uniform is the Bears'. I just really love that blue.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nothin beats 90's Bills

Thats just basically exactly the Giants 80's getup with red helmets instead

Bills need to go back to red helmets, they owned

Boosh! posted:

God man...

Man as much as I love that GIANTS logo it just doesnt look that good on modern helmets. Modern helmets have all these creases and holes and shape changes, the Giants logo belongs on a big ol smooth as gently caress helmet with a single crossbar.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 21, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bills red helmets were the absolute best

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Red helmets in general own. I cant think of a red helmet that doesnt look good.

Bills red -owns
Chiefs- owns
Falcons - owns

Tragedy that the Cardinals dont have red helmets. White helmets are almost universally poo poo when the team doesnt have white as a primary color, aka the Colts

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Red helmets in general own. I cant think of a red helmet that doesnt look good.

Bills red -owns
Chiefs- owns
Falcons - owns

Tragedy that the Cardinals dont have red helmets. White helmets are almost universally poo poo when the team doesnt have white as a primary color, aka the Colts

I hate the shade of red the Falcons use on their helmets. It always looks more like a deep orange on tv.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Febreeze posted:

Man as much as I love that GIANTS logo it just doesnt look that good on modern helmets. Modern helmets have all these creases and holes and shape changes, the Giants logo belongs on a big ol smooth as gently caress helmet with a single crossbar.

Seeing it live, I kind of agree with you. Seems like they had to make the logo smaller to accommodate that back vent by the G. It just looks weird being surrounded by all the vents.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Looks like jerseyshopus is down for good.

quote:

The online store that formerly used this domain (who is a Defendant in the below court case) has been allegedly offering for sale products bearing counterfeit versions of trademarks owned or protected by the companies listed at the top of this page (otherwise known as the Plaintiffs in below court case). Control of this domain has been transferred to Plaintiffs, pursuant to a court order.

Good thing I got a jersey (for my mom, and was about to order mine) before it shut down

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

aBagorn posted:

Good thing I got a jersey (for my mom, and was about to order mine) before it shut down

Glad I got all my stuff in time. She will be back. I've got an email address for her and I expect there will be another site up soon.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

aBagorn posted:

Well...poo poo!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Didn't take long.

Hi my friend,
Old jersey site was shut down,this is my new website:
Jdbasket.com
Thank you,

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Oh my god they have Bad News Bears jerseys. I never knew I needed this in my life until now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This would be so much better.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

It would and I don't really understand the NFLs complete desire to replace white with silver on a lot of what seems like they should be red/white/blue teams (NYG, Pats in particular I guess).

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This would be so much better.

I still prefer the red throwbacks but yeah, thats loving fresh, way better than current look.

I actually like the logo on a white helmet a lot too, though part of me still wishes they'd go nuts with a concept flag version of the helmet

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Werent all teams supposed to get an update under the nike deal?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

BlindSite posted:

Werent all teams supposed to get an update under the nike deal?

The teams got to choose what level of "update" they were comfortable with. Most teams kept it traditional, and I don't blame them after seeing the Browns.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

The Notorious ZSB posted:

It would and I don't really understand the NFLs complete desire to replace white with silver on a lot of what seems like they should be red/white/blue teams (NYG, Pats in particular I guess).

Because SHINY SELLS.

Nov 6, 2002

CubanMissile posted:

The teams got to choose what level of "update" they were comfortable with. Most teams kept it traditional, and I don't blame them after seeing the Browns.

The Seahawks were also one of the few teams that went all in on what Nike wanted.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Has anyone had any experience with this website? http://www.thenamechanger.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fDVdd9VoZk

The idea popped into my head to change my Lacy jersey because I can't wear it in good conscience wear it anymore now that he's in Seattle. I went looking online and found this.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Never get a jersey of a Packer RB... why are you looking at me like that *hides James Starks jersey*

Get a WR instead. Like my super awesome Randall Cobb. (Or do like the Raiders fans do and just say gently caress it and get a Woodson)

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Fenrir posted:

Never get a jersey of a Packer RB... why are you looking at me like that *hides James Starks jersey*

Get a WR instead. Like my super awesome Randall Cobb. (Or do like the Raiders fans do and just say gently caress it and get a Woodson)
Or Janikowski :colbert:

I still want a Woodson though. I know I'm getting a 24 for Christmas already...but for Lynch, from my Seahawks fan brother in law.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Nevada getting a new look:

http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/05/18/nevada-state-flag-wolf-pack-uniforms-awesome/101826576/

Not a huge fan.

Old unis:

e: jesus the holding on 47 in the back there.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
The basketball uniform is great, the football uniform is BAAAAAAD

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That's going to look reprehensible in Day games.

Nov 6, 2002

The uniform's bad too.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

There were some rumblings that UGA is due for an updated uniform kit and moving from the "old" Nike Pro Combat stuff to the Mach Speed stuff that is the current kit from Nike. I am dubious of this because there hasn't been any formal announcement, though the off-season is long and dark yet, and also the fact that at the spring game, they were in the Pro Combat stuff. I never really liked the collar from the Pro Combat style jersey, so it would be interesting to see how that comes along. Some dude made a full on design concept with everything from home, away, and alternate jerseys, as well as red and black britches to use too.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
UGA should go back to its old numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

the mean lunch lady posted:

UGA should go back to its old numbers

I agree but Nike did a branding review and it seemed like every sport had its own font, so they designed one for all sports.

• Locked thread