Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Rap posted:

It's also funny how ten years ago Kellen Winslow somehow started a controversy by calling himself a soldier. Now Nike can call every football player a soldier and most people even on this forum think it's fine. Also funny: a kitten with a piece of paper

I don't see Nike calling them soldiers, just combatants. Which I would say makes some sense. Combat as a term isn't exclusive to the military, or to war for that matter. It literally just means "fight". I wouldn't call football players "fighters" but I wouldn't begrudge someone their ability to do so, or to describe an individual matchup as a "fight".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Patriots should go back to the old Pat Patriot unis. The Vikings should go back to the old no bullshit uniforms they had from 1961 to about 1997.

Can we all agree on this?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jets need to go back to the previous helmet logo. The oval is an unreadable mess.

Keep the hunter green though. The Jets' all whites with green shoulder stripes are so gorgeous.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Farchanter posted:

One part of Nike's uniforms at the college level that I find really interesting is their use of the undershirts. Consider what Oregon wore during the 2011 National Championship:

They put jersey numbers on the undersleeves, essentially turning them into a bonafide uniform component. I saw speculation on Uni-Watch that Nike might try to take advantage of that to give us "real" football sleeves again,

I can totally see the Seahawks having their white jersey looks like this with the feathers. Replace the green with the Seahawks blue and yellow with lime green. keep the shale grey too

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Tank44 posted:

I can totally see the Seahawks having their white jersey looks like this with the feathers. Replace the green with the Seahawks blue and yellow with lime green. keep the shale grey too

Good news, the Seahawks are getting new uniforms, presumably outside the general Nike re-design!!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2017322737_uniformagreementseahawksgoingtogetnewduds.html

KJ Wright also dropped a hint on twitter that the silver helmets might be back.

Schwack fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 4, 2012

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Change the name of blitzes to fast rushes

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Nilbop posted:

Someone explain to me how the Bills jersey looks ... anything. It's just a bunch of colours.
Part of it is the fact that the previous colors were hideous. It was like Ralph Wilson resigned himself to the fact that Buffalo was part of the rust belt. "Hey, let's have depressing uniform colors to match the region."

The new uniforms are almost exciting by comparison.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Schwack posted:

Good news, the Seahawks are getting new uniforms, presumably outside the general Nike re-design!!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2017322737_uniformagreementseahawksgoingtogetnewduds.html

KJ Wright also dropped a hint on twitter that the silver helmets might be back.
Looking forward to seeing some photos/mockups.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Arctic Baldwin posted:

What are we gonna call the Jap plays then?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
George Carlin on why baseball is better than football

baseball isn't better than football

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Throw the bomb dirigible.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
So the Jags are apparently switching to black uniforms in 2012. I don't know if that'll be good or bad, but at least they're not wearing teal any more.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

defiantgiant posted:

So the Jags are apparently switching to black uniforms in 2012. I don't know if that'll be good or bad, but at least they're not wearing teal any more.

Might as well since they're already blacked out.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

GD_American posted:

Considering how successfully sports channels natural tribalism into safer arenas, I'm ok with a certain amount of warlike lingo. It does get ridiculous from time to time

The dumbest thing is calling every offensive player who isn't the QB or on the line a weapon

FizFashizzle posted:

Although I can get behind the word dirigible

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Only applies to Tebow.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Did Fox air that weird special before the begining of the superbowl with military from every branch reading the declaration of independence , before the World Series or the NBA finals?

Because that was really weird and a little bit uncorfortable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lamadrid posted:

Did Fox air that weird special before the begining of the superbowl with military from every branch reading the declaration of independence , before the World Series or the NBA finals?

Because that was really weird and a little bit uncorfortable.

Oh god I remember that. That was just for the Super Bowl IIRC.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

FizFashizzle posted:

Might as well since they're already blacked out.

:drat:
Thats rough considering there were like 5 teams that had worse attendance issues than the Jags last year.
Thats just a guess but I'm pretty sure the Jags were not blacked out often despite their horrible team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mickey McKey posted:

Thats rough considering there were like 5 teams that had worse attendance issues than the Jags last year.
Thats just a guess but I'm pretty sure the Jags were not blacked out often despite their horrible team

Ticket sales and actual attendance are different things

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mickey McKey posted:

At least five: http://www.sporcle.com/games/ESPN/nfls-lowest-attendance

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

A.o.D. posted:

But not as funny as a full grown cat with tape on its feet.

Especially when it's scrambling around on a linoleum floor, trying to decide what's more important between finding nonexistent traction and getting the drat tape off :laugh:

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

defiantgiant posted:

I heard that they're resurrecting their black alternates

And that a general redesign is coming for 2013, but I don't think that the teal's going anywhere this coming season. I'm actually pretty sure that, by the NFL rule about redesigns, they can't ditch the teal altogether yet, which is why they're waiting for two seasons from now for an overhaul.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

The Patriots should go back to the old Pat Patriot unis. The Vikings should go back to the old no bullshit uniforms they had from 1961 to about 1997.

I actually don't really like the pre-Elvis New England jerseys.

Well, clarification: I think the jerseys look really awesome. It just seems weird to me that they're red while the team styles themselves after the Continental Army.

e: I suppose I should add that they've really grown on me now that they're wearing them on a part-time basis again. I guess it's less a "dislike" so much as a "this is kind of weird" thing, much like how the White Sox don't wear any. So I guess we can ignore this whole post!

Farchanter fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 5, 2012

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Crazy Ted posted:

Those old red Patriots uniforms are cursed.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Democrazy posted:

Those old red Patriots uniforms are cursed.
They should switch to them to prove that they're good enough overcome the curse :colbert:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
On a related note: People, stop confusing my avatar with a Browns player. The Browns helmet has a white face-mask. It's their loving primary logo:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

On a related note: People, stop confusing my avatar with a Browns player. The Browns helmet has a white face-mask. It's their loving primary logo:

lol like I'm going to pay attention to anything browns related ever.

Eat_at_Milliways
May 3, 2006
bald_kid

Retromancer posted:

lol like I'm going to pay attention to anything browns related ever.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Eat_at_Milliways posted:

Sorry not into smug elf upskirts, pass.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Bump. PFT says that Nike and the NFL unveil the new jerseys on April 3rd.

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls
Just know you did it all except lift weights
According a "source", the Packers jerseys are "futuristic and fun". Basically, thank goodness I got one last season.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Voodoo posted:

Get that black our of here, outside of the current logo accent, at least.

Red, white, gold. Done.

I would like to see more black. The way the new logo stands out on black (Harbaugh's cap) is pretty sharp, as in "Look at me. I am alone in space and am awesome. Don't loving look at me."

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Good Will Punting posted:

According a "source", the Packers jerseys are "futuristic and fun". Basically, thank goodness I got one last season.

I'll cry. Unless this means there are lasers on our jerseys. That'd be cool.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I'm surprised none of these jerseys have been leaked yet.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
Zach Zaidman via Twitter:

quote:

Bears uniform will not have any dramatic changes. RT @ProFootballTalk: NFL will unveil new Nike uniforms on April 3.

Thank god. Messing around with the Bears' uniforms would be a loving crime.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Vaya con Dios!!! posted:

the 49ers have literally the best uniform in the NFL (I'm a homer but whatever) and they'd better not gently caress with it like they did in the 90s

Quoting this old as poo poo post because now that I heard the Packers are getting new uniforms I'm all :ohdear: about the Niners and everything in that post is the truth.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I hope they use those crazy rear end mockups that got posted a few months back

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

defiantgiant posted:

Zach Zaidman via Twitter:

Thank god. Messing around with the Bears' uniforms would be a loving crime.

Orange former alternates are the new home jersey

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

Real hurthling! posted:

Jets need to go back to the previous helmet logo. The oval is an unreadable mess.

Keep the hunter green though. The Jets' all whites with green shoulder stripes are so gorgeous.

I'd really like to see them adopt the Jumbo Jet styled logo for uniforms and helmets

I like it much better than the JETS stylized text with the Concorde-esque outline logo which also reminds me of Kotite years :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jets currently have the worst logo in sports. they could switch to the ridiculous face/football alternate that looks like a homestar runner character and it would be an improvement in every single way.

I'm partial to the Text swoop myself but I want to see it redone/restylized to fit with the nice curvy font they currently use.

The swoop's font is too thin.

Maybe do it more like a jumbo jet tail and lose the concorde look.

• Locked thread