Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot
eagerly awaiting the day when the NFL makes the Packers wear all yellow alternates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

troofs posted:

Giants unis would look pretty cool with a matte blue helmet. They should add more blue to the white ones, the white and red with a blue helmet looks kind of weird.

I kind of like their away unis for this reason.

but this is coming from someone who likes their red alternates.

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

jordjevic posted:

Yeah, exactly. Just with white numbers and letters. Like the Packers.

(Yikes could you imagine if the Packers changed from Yellow to Gold)

This actually almost happened

http://chancemichaels.tripod.com/packers_index.html

quote:

There was a rumor Sunday the Packers would have a press conference concerning their uniforms colors during the week following the Eagle game. This, however, seemed certain: The Packers plan to change their uniforms next season, retaining the current dark green, but switching pants and helmets from the present yellow to metallic gold.

The Packers hope the changes will be approved by the NFL Properties by the beginning of next month so they can wear the new uniforms next season. Among other changes are the removal of stripes now on the helmet, jersey, and pants.

Packer President Bob Harlan told the Milwaukee Journal the gold was not the same as that worn by any other team and that it was selected by General Manager Ron Wolf and Coach Mike Holmgren. Harlan said the helmet would be switched from yellow to gold and have a large green "G" on each side and the jersey would have a smaller green "G" on each sleeve. The white numbers on the green home jerseys and the green numbers on the white road jerseys will also have a gold outline. The pants will be plain gold.

"Years and years ago, we wore a gold helmet and gold pants," Harlan said. "And I think that's what Ron wanted, a simpler uniform. They didn't want to look like New Orleans or the 49ers. They looked at different golds and picked out what they liked."

quote:

"I never liked the yellow color in the Packers scheme," Wolf said. "NFL books say it's 'green and gold' but anybody can see it's a Michigan kind of yellow, of maize, which didn't sit well with me.

"I put together a proposal to change Green Bay uniforms, replacing the yellow with a gold much like we see on Rams uniforms and helmets. There were some other changes but I wasn't messing with the "G' on Packers helmets.

"Everything was approved by the seven-member executive committee that operates the Packers. All I had to do was give the go-ahead.

"I repeatedly looked over drawings of the new Packers uniform, thinking I would soon be pulling the trigger on changes. But, after a little more thought, decided it just didn't fly. We needed to fix what was truly broken. What we really had to have was better people on the field."

thank goodness

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

HappyHelmet posted:

I think that looks quite a bit better actually. I know Packer fans would poo poo a brick because "tradition", but that is really not a bad combo. My only argument against it would be that there are too many other teams using gold right now.

It's not terrible but the logos on the shoulders annoy the poo poo out of me. Logos should be limited to the helmet :colbert:

I'm always of the opinion that modern uniforms are rarely ever as good as their more traditional counterparts. The old Oilers jerseys are so awesome it's a shame they aren't used on a constant basis.

defiantgiant posted:

Those rule, why would you not just wear those all the time?

Fuckin' right. The Patriots throwbacks are awesome too :allears:

Almo fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 31, 2012

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

jordjevic posted:

Hey Nike, whatever you end up doing, don't go as extreme as this gem I found on GIS:

GOLD SOCKS :pwn:

I kind of like the alternate

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Yinzer posted:

Nike do not gently caress up our alternate uniform for the love of God.

Yellow with black numbers :getin:

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Heaf posted:

Most of the NFL teams aren't going to have redesigns. The only teams without New Era hats right now are the Panthers (we know why) and the Seahawks, who will be getting some slight adjustments.

e: Did a quick search and someone found the adjustment to the Seahawks' logo. They're gonna keep the modern look but add a touch of the grey from the old uniforms.
http://www.pigskinbuzz.com/new-seahawks-logo-leaks-on-madden-13-facebook-page-2266

Make the green alternates the home jerseys :mad:

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Arschlochkind posted:

NEW NIKE TEXANS UNIFORM DESIGN LEAKED

hahahahaha

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

BlindSite posted:

Apparently the jags uni got snapped.

doesn't look terribly different

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Febreeze posted:

the bengals holy gently caress

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

the best part of this video is the announcer going OH MY GOOOD in a really strained kind of way when they score the touchdown

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot
Those throwbacks own hard, guys

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot
I like the Steelers a little bit more because of these crazy rear end throwbacks

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Chichevache posted:

Only because it makes the Packers look less poo poo, right?

wanna fight :mad:

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Badonkadonk Suh posted:

Really surprised you didn't whip this out:

Don't have it on this computer. I do now, thanks :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almo
Jan 1, 2007

by angerbot

Toussaint Louverture posted:

My Uncle is a pretty successful freelance graphic designer. for example, he did the most recent Packaging for Iams, Eukanuba, and for ten or so years did pretty much all the packaging for Mattel. he thinks the Detroit Lions have the worst jersey in football. His reason is Lions aren't blue.

:what:

The same line of reasoning would suggest the same for the Eagles.

Cardinals must have the best.

• Locked thread