Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I'd be happy if they never wore the powder blues ever again.

I'd rather see the Fouts or Seau era uniforms. I miss the blue helmets.

:swoon:

I hate that the Chargers don't actually wear throw backs just powder blue alternatives. I Want the numbers on the helmet and the old fonts. Also the Seau era jerseys I always liked, they just seemed more down to business lightning bolt. Not 3 tone and huge white block around the shoulder bolts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Bring back the Packers Blue and Brown Circle w/negative space as numbers. DO IT.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

Oh gently caress yes, New Era is greatness. I only have two 59Fifty hats, but these hats are amazing and I plan on getting several more.

I just want those drat Cowboys vapor whater, JUST TAKE MY MONEY NIKE.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

SolidPolonium posted:

Day 2: Riots in the streets, underground football begins.

New rule book is A 700 page sentence.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I count like five different hues on their uniforms, they should probably at least try to make it look like the pants, jersey and helmet all belong to the same uniform.

Cowboys need to stick to our throwbacks. Or hey here's an idea. Where the loving blue jerseys more than once a goddamn year.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Am I blind or is there no Dallas Cowboys one of those New Era caps?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

ShimSham posted:

Unfortunately I've even saw one guy with a well worn, curved bill Braves hat. Myself also wearing a Braves hat asked him something Braves related being that the season had just begun at the time.

He told me, "Oh I don't really like baseball."

I could have hit him. Not for not liking baseball, but the whole drat charade of it.

This one time I saw a dog wearing shoes. I was like "dude you're a dog, those don't belong to you."

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 12, 2012

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

There's a joke hat that is all 59/50 stickers. The whole hat is completely covered with them except there is a hole through the brim where the sticker would normally be.

edit with a link: http://www.doobybrain.com/2008/07/29/counterfeit-new-era-sticker-hat/

"Most people who buy and wear New Era 59Fifty hats have this habit of leaving the golden sticker on the hat in order to show everybody that the hat is genuine."

Genuine. Yeah I don't buy no knock off 30$ hats, I GOT STEEZE BITCHES.

New Era sells a HAT CARRIER. So when you're on the go and...what?

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 12, 2012

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What flavor, this is important.

Chicken with tapatio is the only flavor.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

NFL sideline hats should go back to painter hats. Flat bills all day erryday

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Show me the loving uniforms already Jeeeeeesus.

I'm jonesing.

They'll be "leaked" on the First. Well laugh, then cry.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Am I the only one hoping Nike comes out with some good decent looking team shoes? Reebok had some horrid all white with a tiny logo on the side. I want some sweet shoes to go with all my clothes and etc.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Heaf posted:

Nike released some cleat designs around the Pro Bowl, if that's what you're talking about.

No like regular sneakers or so to wear for work or to the game/home while watching.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Green Bay's new uniforms are now the old Rainbow Astros uniforms.

Nolan Ryan rainbrow stros jersey was the first pro jersey I ever got. Love those.

E; The new Nike "<Team Name>Just Do It" Shirts are on ebay, at least the Cowboys ones are.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Heaf posted:

Didn't know those even existed. You could go to NikeiD and get a variety of shoes in your team's colors.

My girlfriends dad has some Chargers ones but I've always wanted these ones

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Febreeze posted:

The prevalence of blue is really noticeable in jerseys. I agree I wish jerseys had a little more definition in scheme. I don't like the white away Giants jerseys either, they have no blue in them. Why does big blue have no blue, even on away jerseys?

Also the Bears blue is dark enough that it shouldn't be on that list. The Bears have good jerseys. I hate the Dark blue Cowboy ones. Cowboys should always be white or grey. A few others have good other colors to make the team noticeable, like the Broncos orange stripe. But I feel like I constantly confuse the Chargers for another team unless they wear the Powder Blues.

I like the Giants away jersey, love the Red on white and battleship grey pants. I would love the Cowboys white jerseys if they fixed the pants and maybe moved numbers to shoulder and added a Star to the band like the Blue, Cowboys need that star on the jersey damnt. And I would be cool if Cowboys had a grey jersey, blue would pop really awesome on the grey.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Orange is only acceptable of its Burnt Orange and says TEXAS across the chest. :colbert:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

GD_American posted:

I look at these and all I can think is that when I watch games with these I will yell GO AWAY I'M 'BATIN

"Look he throws like a fag and his shits all retarded, The Costco Chiefs need a quality quarterback."

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So are the jags new unis the ones on the left with white middle green sleeves/sides and then opposite? Because I thought they always had those odd white piping?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

From Cowboys site:

quote:

But don't expect a major overhaul for the Cowboys, whose traditional appearance hasn't wavered much in 50-plus seasons. More than anything, the material and fabric changes will give the jersey a different look and feel, but as far the style to the jersey, pants and helmets, the Cowboys won't be one of the teams sporting major changes – not this year anyway.

So what does Nike's overhaul mean for the fans? It means a whole new line of Cowboys' apparel is available. And the die-hard Cowboys fans will have a chance to get their hands on the new gear before anyone else.

Same poo poo, buy it even more expensive.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Why in gods name is there not a feed for this?

This is some apple poo poo. Hey guys likes boast about our sameNEW INNOVATIVE product to sell it to our fans! But gently caress them they can't actually see it for a while. I hope last years Authentic Jerseys go on sale like super low so I can snag a few more.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

DangerKat posted:

Vick also has a high profile Nike endorsement, so he's probably being utilized as a hype man.

"It's gonna kill daw-it is going to look very aesthetically pleasing and I hope our fans will partake in purchasing our new fantastic authentic athletic wear as sponsored by the amazing sportswear company Nike."

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

DangerKat posted:

There are gloves like that for all teams.

I want them. SO BAD. I want to cosplay every loving sunday at work. Jersey, blue arm warmers and my fleece helmet w/facemask beanie.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

The away ones are fine. I hate how the NIKE SWOOSH is 3D and sticking out on the shoulder. Hate the weird material |)(| logo thingy. Grey is sick as gently caress. Blue Home looks like XBOX the uniform.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So are they doing all 32 teams or is it just the seahawks?

All 32, Jason Witten is there for Merica's Team :smug:

also:

Brian Costello ‏ @BrianCoz
The Nike socks sound fancier than my car

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Did the Rams send a child to the uniform unveiling?

Where's the Packers?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

That looks legit.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

http://nikeinc.com/nike-football/news/nfl-uniforms-dallas-cowboys

You couldn't have put a blue trim around the neck? I mean drat, something.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Rasczak posted:

Cowboys uniform looks alright, if the blue jersey is a bit more like the throwback that'll be a bonus.

Wouldn't matter we'll never see it :colbert:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Have the Texans always had a crazy huge trimmed collar?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Rasczak posted:

They'll probably be forced to wear them at division away games!

I will be okay with this. Seriously I hate that it's only once a game, gently caress that stupid superstition.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

davecrazy posted:

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Equipped-Nike-Jersey-Unveil/81ef4c6c-ee74-4386-b649-20c87e5e918d

The Giants equipment manager breaks down the uniforms.

I always digged the Giants battleship grey pants, I want the Cowboys to go back to that versus the green/blue/silver shiny. "only wearing one pant for 2013 and that's all I can say about that." Oh gently caress are they going to have a Grey/Blue uniform next year because that would be loving awesome.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

NattyBo posted:

The Redskins one is basically the same. Hopefully there are gold pants.

According to Brian Orakpo some teams (including the Redskins) opted to also have some alternates that are very different from the ones being modeled today, but he said the players weren't shown them yet and he wasn't sure when they're coming out.

If I had to guess a lot of teams will bust out alternates for home primetime games they have, like you see Nike NCAA teams do...

I thought teams are not allowed to wear Alternatives on prime time games (thanksgiving not included) because it would alienate and confuse people who are too stupid to figure out who the teams are.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

WELP, looks like I'm buying chinese knockoffs this year :v:

:toot:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Do the chinese know about the uniform changes? :ohdear:

I hope, they're the ones making them for Nike

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

All I loving wanted was blue helmets.

:mad:

White helmets are the best. Eagles throwbacks, cowboys and chargers white helmets are boss. You're crazy man. CRAZY.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Febreeze posted:

All helmets should have color on them. Chargers blue helmets were awesome, SA2K is right.

White helmets own.

Also my gf and I get over fights because I say I like the chargers 90's blue unis. LT looked way boss with all dark helmet and dark visor.

P.S. Jason Witten needs to keep his long hair

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 4, 2012

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So I'm trying to figure out whats the difference between the NFL ELITE and Limited and Game jerseys on preorder for nike. Like the Game variation seems to be the cheaper fabric that's not water repelling and no stitched numbers but ventilated the same. So whats the difference between Elite and Limited other than the 115$ price difference and why is the Limited not available till the 29th of June and Elite is pre ordering after the 27th?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

Wow, the "Gameday" jerseys look weird. Like, at least with Reebok the lowest jersey still looked more like a jersey than just a t-shirt.

I'll probably start saving up some cash for an Elite, they do look pretty slick. just need to decide which style and which player.

Totally want an Elite but for the 115$ if Limited is just as cool/fit but without the water resistance than that's cool.

Cowboys don't seem to have the Neck doodad listed but it does on the unveiling have it :iiam: So maybe not all the features/material listed. Just want more information so I know what I'm throwing my money at. Cowboys said the gloves will be on sale closer to the fall, dont give a gently caress about the price I want them now.

Not sure on who I would get from the boys though.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

Woah, they're selling the gloves?! :f5: BUY NOW BUY NOW BUY NOW

I already have Witten, Austin (both in blue), and Murray (in white), so whatever I pick up it will probably be the throwback.

So Far I've got: Dez blue 50th patch, Witten White, Smith double star white throwback and white, Ware Turkey Day blue throwback.

So thinking a blue Witten or Sean Lee, they're just so boss man. I wanted Robinson next from last season :smith: he's still on our dept chart online :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

ShimSham posted:

The Reebok premiers were definitely worth the price for the quality compared to what you'd pay for their low-tier replicas. I really hope Nike has a medium tier jersey like that because from what I've seen comparing their replicas to the authentics, the replicas have noticeably smaller name/numbers. (though I do like that it's solid fabric for the replicas and not mesh)

edit: If I had read more, it appears they do have a midrange jersey.

I was okay with the vinyl numbers/lettering but for 30$ more you get the stitched twill and probably a few more features. I think I'm just going to preorder a Sean Lee white and wait. But I do wish they had more information on all the differences on the levels of quality/fabric etc. Pre orders start in 4 days so hopefully it'll come out by then. Hopefully by time the mid range comes in by june the "Elite" chinese rip offs would come out :getin:

I did find a 9 minute video by a pats fan explaining the differeneces between his NFL store bought jersey, official NFL game day jersey and A chinese jerseys though
:patssay:

• Locked thread