Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So, the manufacturer most famous for paying infants a bowl of rice a day to mangle great designs and make glorious non-euclidean masterworks has the NFL contract and we're already seeing some of their shenanigans. If you're not familiar with their work here's a sample:

... Wait, gently caress the Maryland jerseys were made by Underarmor... Uhh...

Clearly, Nike can't do anything without the express consent of the owner and the league, but it's a fair bet a lot of owners will see this as an opportunity to drum up jersey sales while the interest level is high. So what do you want or expect from your team, and what is popular opinion?

For the Bengals, people in Cinci really seem to hate the White on the black unis, and the opinion on the Orange and white jerseys are really divisive. This is pretty much what people want as a change:

I don't care for it though, too black pajama-ish. I'd rather they kept the Jersey the way it is, maybe do something with the uninspired font and numbers, but the pants could use some work. I think the design on the pants is far too heavy handed, I'd like to see it toned down a tad. I'd like to incorporate some orange in the socks, for sure, and of course anyone who even suggests touching the helmet should be shot.

On the subject of other teams I feel like The Texans could use some work, as well as the Falcons. Neither team's jersey is very iconic and I just don't care for either. I feel like most teams are established enough, though. How do you feel about your team's jerseys? Which team most needs a major redesign? How badly do you want a return of the creamsicle or Eagles Green?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now I wish Underarmor had won the contract so Baltimore could gank the Maryland uni wholecloth.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The new Panthers logo looks like something from the Animated batman series that was popular when I was in grade school. Not saying I don't like it.

I'm hoping that Nike continues to play with the lettering and numbers, I think a lot of teams could really benefit from a change there. Think of the Seahawks with some green gradients in the numbers.

I love the Browns home jerseys but I don't really care for the whites.
VVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 29, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want to see some metalic helmets on certain teams. The Titans with chrome helmets, Impossible to say for sure until you see it but I like the idea.

Oh, and scrap the current Cowboys uniform. Ugly and no one piece matches the other.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MissileWaster posted:

Look at how wrong you are.
Three tones of blue on three pieces of apparel. I get the pants but there's no reason for the helmet and the jersey to clash.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Carolina's new alternate logo should just be a stylized mug shot of Cam with his shades on.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

defiantgiant posted:

If Nike doesn't touch the Bears' uniforms at all, I'll be happy about the job they're doing. If they throw away the jack-o-lantern orange alternates, I will love them forever.

Seriously, other than getting rid of the orange jerseys, there's just no way to improve on this:

They could cite the Cincinnati Reds on their helmet. I'm sick of this blatant plagiarism.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What if they kept the maskkkot but renamed the team the Washington Genocide?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sleepy Beef posted:

The Panthers suck and you guys can just deal with it but Cam Newton probably has a medium-sized/average penis and just because he's black doesn't mean it's huge that's loving racist what about all the black guys with small or generally unsatisfying in another way penises huh? You can't just explain them away you loving racistsss

The fact that he's six foot 15 and could comfortably cage a full grown macaw in his hands kind of hints otherwise.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On a related note: People, stop confusing my avatar with a Browns player. The Browns helmet has a white face-mask. It's their loving primary logo:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ugly.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Liberty Valance posted:

There's plenty wrong with the Cowboys' uniforms, but they're way too iconic to change at this point. They've gone with the same look for 50 years. The Bill's new uniforms are pretty close to perfection, and I hope they stick with them.
I count like five different hues on their uniforms, they should probably at least try to make it look like the pants, jersey and helmet all belong to the same uniform.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nearly every New Era hat I've ever seen looks like it belongs on a greasy 15 year old white suburban kid posting gangster rap covers on youtube.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grantonio posted:

Yeah, the majority of people who wear New Era hats wear them for fashion reasons. That's probably true for hats in general. Your friend probably shouldn't look down on people for violating the sanctity of baseball.

Either that or Koreans REALLLLY like the Oakland Athletics.

I couldn't help walking up to a guy in Seoul though and asking if he really was a Reds fan. I don't get homesick often...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm willing to bet we'll see some hats on the sideline with the sticker still on them.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking young but that too I guess.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Show me the loving uniforms already Jeeeeeesus.

I'm jonesing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nilbop posted:

Every single one of those are absolutely ridiculous and reek of "different for the sake of being different." Keep it simple, keep it cool. This is why the Bengals will never have a cool jersey, while the Browns are snowed under in them.

If you like simple, I've got a Bengals Jersey for you:

Edit: Sure, the pants suck, but hey. Also I would nix the tiger on the sleeve.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 29, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I actually quite like the Bengals unis and don't really get the criticism. Uniforms are not fashion, they're icons. The Bengals branding is iconic, anyone from a die hard fan to someone completely ignorant of football would know that they're the Bengals. Compare that to, say, the Giants. Does the Uniform look nice? Yeah. Is someone who's not intimately familiar with football going to be able to tell them apart from the Pats, Texans, or Bills? Uhhh.... Maybe?

Hell, sometimes I have a hard time telling which blue uniform it is when they're on the receiving end of a highlight reel. 14 of the 32 teams wear a jersey with some shade of blue as the dominant color. Bills, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Pats, Chargers, Titans, Panthers, Bears, Cowboys, Lions, Giants, Seahawks, Rams. We get it. You guys like blue.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Make the Bengals always wear one of these three options:

Black jersey, Black pants, Orange socks
White jersey, White pants, Orange socks
Orange jersey, White pants, Orange socks

Jobs a good one.

VVVV Maybe we could change to light blue like your team and five others.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 29, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BRB MAKIN BACON posted:

My sense of style is on par with Urkel but I think I'm the only person on the planet that likes the Seahawks all Navy home uniforms.

<- SWAG

Nope. Love the All Blues. I always play the Bengals with away colors when I'm up against the sea-hawks in madden, even.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Apparently the jags uni got snapped.

Looks like they've changed to a more blue color, but I hope that's just the lighting.

Blue :argh:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You say impressive release discipline I say fascist cock-blocking. :saddowns:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like, but needs more neon green.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the Bengals are losing the tiger and making the B the primary logo. The field and most of the apparel have the B now instead of the tiger head/body.

I like it. To me the stripes themselves are more iconic for the Bengals than the actual tiger. There are tons of tiger teams but the Bengals are the only ones who use the stripes in the actual uniform that I can think of.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So where are they showing this? This is as good a GDT as any.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why in gods name is there not a feed for this?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So are they doing all 32 teams or is it just the seahawks?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not a fan yet, a lot of the designs look like they saw an expanse of color and were like "poo poo we need to put something there." I don't think it looks very organic.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
C'mon Orange socks orange socks no whammies no whammies.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bengals square in the middle of the back row. Anyone surprised?

Also: Black socks, white pants, black jersey. drat it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The stripes down the legs and on the shoulders have been sharpened up and the collar isn't all orange anymore. That's it.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 3, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Most importantly the shoulder stripes for the new Bengals won't be two different materials. The top stripe looks like it was crazy glued on in the old uniforms. Really bothers you after you first notice it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bengals jerseys popular with the 9 year old Korean boy demographic.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

What player? Surprised it isn't Hines Ward jerseys everywhere (although for your sake I am glad)

I just showed the jersey to the kids and they thought it was neat. They said AJ Green was ugly, though. (Because he's black.)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

Oh, you meant the pictures. I pictured a crowd of Koreans wearing Bengals jerseys in the streets and was like "why the hell the Bengals?"

Korea is awash with Oakland Athletics ballcaps.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone post picks of the three tiers of jerseys? I can't see Nike's shop in Korea.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As far as needed jersey changes are concerned the Browns need to get "AL" off their jerseys pronto. The guy was a major factor in the team leaving in the first place, get him off that jersey.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What they've done to ol' Miss is a travesty. loving furries in place of a badass Calvary charge. Couldn't they have just made it a revolutionary soldier or a loving Crimean soldier or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's like the emporer's clothes. Those uniforms would be beautiful on a team like the Texans or the Panthers who are actually likable.

Not really

• Locked thread