Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

Speaking of, anyone know where I can buy a Bengals jersey from when they were good?

Here you go.

Chichevache posted:

Why does Pittsburg=Gotham?

Because it's a corrupt city full of people without moral fiber?

Could be bigger I guess.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All I'm going to say is that the next movie's villains after the Joker and Two Face is like getting the Jaguars playing the Chiefs after Giants V Saints. Ifa you know what I meeaan.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also why is it Ward is the only NotSteeler on the field? I only see NotSeahawks.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr_Strangelove posted:

If you're equating the Chiefs with Bane then I'm A-OK with this post.

Clearly Bane would be the Seatle Lynchhawks.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yeah but you don't actually wear a signed jersey to the stadium. Frame that poo poo and hang it in your bedroom.

I don't really agree with this. It's actually pretty easy to get player autographs, they aren't sacred or anything. I could see you being like this if it was a player who recently retired or doesn't play in your market but there are signing events all the time if you live in your team's market.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
To me, if I spend 200$ on clothing I am wearing it. Hell, I was given an actual game jersey of my favorite Russian soccer club's feeder team by a player. It's literally irreplaceable but I still wear it. If it gets a really nasty stain or rip or something then I'll frame it with whichever side isn't ruined facing out. For me shelling out 250$ for a gameday jersey and then framing it in your room and waring a watered down version for another 100$ is just stupid.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Dave posted:

If you have a game room or something though that framed jersey is just art though, I think with the intention it serves a completely different purpose. Whatever though, everyone's taste are different, let's hug!

Wouldn't it make more sense to use the 100$ one inside the frame? Most of the details the fancier jerseys have require you to touch or get close to see.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jerry Rice is an exception to the rule. Maybe I'm just bitter because my Grandfather had a baseball signed by Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron and he gave it to the Smithsonian. They don't even loving display it! :argh:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mints posted:

Some players won't have Elite jerseys available through general release, most teams have at most 5 guys that will be recognizable enough to warrant making the jerseys for sale to the public. The rest are available, but only when you get a customized jersey for $50 more. It really sucks when a player that may have not had a great year the season before gets really hot since the ramp up in production of their jersey usually takes a good 5-8 weeks before shops start getting the jerseys in.

The Bengals pick the weirdest people to make a ton of jerseys for. 2011: Carlos Dunlap gets half a sack less than Suh in half as many games? Here, have a punter instead.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KettleWL posted:

Huber is local, white, upper middle class and Catholic, meaning he appeals to the XU portion of the Cincinnati sports fanbase. Brilliant business decision by the Bengals.

Ironic because he went to UC. I'd rather have a Nugent jersey. Dude owns. Funny how both the Bengals kickers are super local.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell, I would have actually gone to XU if they really did play jai alai. That would be bitchin.

What do y'all think about the NFLPA resisting thigh and knee pads? Really stupid or just tremendously dumb?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just wear an undershirt guys jesus. Who wears a jersey with nothing underneath anyways?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bought a SEC Championship hat right before the Auburn v. South Carolina game at the Georgia Dome.

:smith: Go Cocks :smith:

Edit: Also, hats are like the one thing that gets stolen in Korea. I've forgotten a wallet stuffed with cash for hours and gotten every last won back, but lost two hats when left alone for a total of maybe ten minutes. I miss that hat.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They had almost won against the Tigers earlier that season until Spurrier did his inevitable "gently caress with the QB position for no god damned reason" shtick. I figured absolute least the Cocks would keep it competitive. Oh well. Hell, I had already spent like 250$ or so to get in, what's another 20?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't get shoes.

japtor posted:

I'd be surprised if there wasn't any.

I'm partial to the "CHING CHONG" pair that kid has, with nice soft "sway day" material.

HOW IS THIS A REVIEW WHAT THE gently caress??? Augh I don't get shoes at all.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wear a pair of Reebok zigs when I wear gymshoes. Yeah, they're ugly as sin, but they feel like you're on a gym mat 24/7 and they're socially acceptable platform shoes /shortperson.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 16, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell, that should help illustrate my point. My shoe shopping methodology is basically.

1. Previous gymshoes literally fall apart.
2. Go to outlet mall.
3. Wander.
4. Holy poo poo those look comfy.
5a: eeeeeehhhhhhh. *return to 4*
5b: Unf, my lovely knees like.
6. Which color combination is least garish?
7. :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux:

And then every time the first time I wear them I half expect people to point me out in the street and laugh at me. I have pretty good fashion sense when it comes to non-shoe items, don't know why this is such a big hangup for me. At least when it comes to non-gymshoes I can just buy black moccs or loafers and be bland.

When are the elites coming out? A black Atkins is basically already bought as far as I'm concerned.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused, I thought the Elites were the 150$ ones that were pretty much game jerseys without the waterproofing. What is this then?

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12772528

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's good to see that my hatred for Nike is still deserved.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad the Bengals are going back to the "B," but I hate those flat bills.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally this skinny white kid can look absolutely ridiculous running around East Asia with the jersey of a 6'1 300 pound black man. He's got about 5 inches and double my body weight.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This whole Nike jersey thing has been a huge snafu from a commercial perspective. Their window to take advantage of people being excited about the change is closing and their selection is pathetic. There is exactly one "elite" jersey available for the Bengals, Dalton in black. You can't even customize the game jerseys without dropping an extra 50$ and the mid tier might as well not exist from how they market it. What a joke. At this rate the counterfeiters will beat Nike to the punch.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just wait like 2 months and they'll be in the clearance section.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seeing Heinz field blow up was so worth price of admission, even if it was mostly not-Seahawks that bit it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

These couldn't be worse.

That's not true at all. They could be the standard home jersey.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Needs a bunch of unnecessary dags.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

... Eh.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I could take them or leave them.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Figured it out, I like the uni on skill players but not the big fellas.

Schwack posted:

Would the NFL even allow UofO style uniforms each year? It would be boss as hell to constantly have new renditions of the uniform from week to week.

Seahawks bitch, our uniforms are awesome :cool:

There's a limit of three jerseys a year, and I think they forbid any changes for three years after a change.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 13, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My Uncle is a pretty successful freelance graphic designer. for example, he did the most recent Packaging for Iams, Eukanuba, and for ten or so years did pretty much all the packaging for Mattel. he thinks the Detroit Lions have the worst jersey in football. His reason is Lions aren't blue.

:what:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I try to be respectful to my family whenever possible but my response to him saying that was to pause for a second or so and then laugh and call him a moron.

Somehow he has the best politics of any adult in my extended family though.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Vikings jerseys look a lot better when they're made by Nike. Can't wait to see the Seahawks aways in game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's such a small thing I doubt people will complain for long. Looks good on the Bengals.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Bengals whites look so much better with the new change. The new collar really looks like it's supposed to be there, and it makes the shoulders look a lot more cohesive. I really hope they don't change for a long time and I really, really hope they are done forever with black jersey/white pants and white jersey/black pants.

I know the Bengals jerseys get a lot of hate but they're visually distinctive enough that you'll never confuse them with another team. I understand why people might not like the uniform and say they're too busy or literal, but anyone who doesn't like the helmet can get the gently caress right out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like the numbers on the Seahawks jerseys. Not crazy about the texture, but the color, accent and font looks really good.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Of course. It always counts.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MissileWaster posted:

I never thought about that honestly.

He wore the jersey in a game so I think that counts?

Fake Edit: TL has the right idea. I need that jersey so my TO jersey collection will be complete :ohdear:

You ought to cut them all in a uniform pattern after he retires and make quilt jerseys.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If they release a custom limited I'll go legit, but no way I'm paying 150$ for Green or Dalton. Nothing against them, but I prefer defensive players. As soon as they release info one way or another I'm pulling the trigger.

Looks like 14 teams have limited jerseys now, not including Seahawks or Bengals, and they have about two options for each team.

The real question is Atkins, Dunlap or Reggie Nelson...

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Aug 19, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If he makes the roster I probably will spring on a fake Burfict jersey. Definitely not spending 300$ on that though, I've seen too many Thurmans...

If I go knockoff it'll probably be a few jerseys. I could see ordering Nugent, Sanu and Atkins, maybe throw in a Burfict if he makes the roster.

Where did you get yours, SBA?

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GNU Order posted:

Why do I like you so much Carson Palmer I am a Bears fan and you are bad now

I can't quit you Carson

Either you're a USC fan or you suffer a brain disorder?

• Locked thread