Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Somebody mock up a Carolina Backpanthers logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

The panthers' uni would look awesome if you just changes all the black to chocolate brown. I don't give a gently caress that panthers aren't brown, I don't see any silver and honolulu blue lions either

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

SolidPolonium posted:

Brown doesn't go well with anything.

Case and point: The Browns.

It's case in point and that's one of three things you're wrong about in this post

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Professor Funk posted:

I respect your opinion and kind of see where you're coming from, but I think you're probably thinking about it a bit too much. It's a pretty apt and harmless marketing campaign, and it's not as if Nike is marketing products in pre-World War I Germany, so I probably wouldn't worry too much about the "militarism" of football fans.

The militarism of football fans is a massive loving deal because it's a huge part of manufacturing consent for contemporary wars in the middle east.

That said there are far more egregious examples than 'pro combat', so I accept that much

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

SolidPolonium posted:

Day 2: Riots in the streets, underground football begins.

Admit it, this would be loving cool

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

smackfu posted:

Fake as in not made by Nike, or fake as in proposals to get the contract? Because those look like professional quality work.

A professional Dickhead, perhaps

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Look it's very simple

Never allow dark jersey with same colour dark pants (doubly true if pants do not have a stripe)
Saints' Lions', Patriots' and Vikings' throwbacks become regular unis again
Don't gently caress with the current 9ers, Packers, Raiders, other classics
Bears would look cool with a white helmet but still, best not to gently caress with that one
Make Seattle your creative destruction capitalism team and give them something new every week

Really if you follow rule 1 everything else will fall into line

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Hockles posted:

If teams aren't allowed to have matching colors for jerseys and pants, then the Browns would have to wear the brown pants again. I hated that jersey. gently caress that.

Matching white is A-ok. Matching dark makes you look like a fat man in a leotard

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Lol Reebok released a bunch of Jets Tebow jerseys to try and make some cash in their last week with the license and Nike sued them

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-nike-sues-reebok-over-tebow-apparel-20120328,0,2985722.story

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Farchanter posted:

Jeremy Maclin just tweeted that he has no clue what the new uniforms look like, so maybe Vick was just excited earlier.

Or maybe that tweet was drafted by some copywriter. Who the gently caress else says "innovation at its finest!"?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Isaac Bruce Bowen posted:

I am probably the only person in this forum who thinks the new Seahawks unis own.

No I like them

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

windshipper posted:

They'd just have to make the legs entirely red, in that case.

This would incidentally look pretty cool

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I for one am glad Jerry Jones decided to insist that the pants remain a sliiiiiiightly different kind of grey to the helmets. Because it looks loving terrible :butt:

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Jelq Swagger posted:

I disagree. Everyone knows that the Rays became a good baseball team by changing their name and look. It surely had nothing to do with building a good young team.

Ah, the Bucs/Pats effect (May not apply to falcons)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Peanut President posted:

:fry:

Edit: New Orleans was originally a french colony. There is literally nothing worse than being a French Colony.

Viet Nam
Quebec
French Guyana
Algeria
French Polynesia
New Orleans

Those are all awesome places :confused:

• Locked thread