Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Is the fleur de lis still exactly the same as it always was?

Good.

Imagine trying to redesign the Fleur de Lis logo to look more raw and aggressive. Look this one has sharper points, this one has flames coming off if, this one is a also a hand giving you a middle finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Eat_at_Milliways posted:

Sorry not into smug elf upskirts, pass.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arschlochkind posted:

NEW NIKE TEXANS UNIFORM DESIGN LEAKED

Okies go home

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NattyBo posted:

I heard a rumor that the Skins are moving away from the Chief's Head logo and are going to feathers on the helmet and shoulderpads.

We shall see. I prefer the Spear over all, but anything over the Chief Head logo.

You say that but wait until Nike unveils the new pipe-smoking and drunk Chief logo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel like I'm looking at some ancient Kush statuary, carved black onyx with Gold inlay. Do they have the alternates up too?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Skittles Skirmish Satchel (TM) was a nice touch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I was wearing a Brees jersey when he won the Super Bowl. Meh on superstition.

I was wearing one when he took away the last positive thing anybody could muster about the Falcons in the same moment as he connected with a fellows charger cast off to take the last thing Dan Marino had going for him outside of Ace Ventura. I like the jersey.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BIGFOOT PEE BED posted:

Those are all awesome places :confused:

If Quebec is so awesome how come they all come down to Florida for 6 months of the year?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good to see the Warden let them prisoners out of Georgia long enough to play some football.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heaf posted:

I had a dumb thought, which was "Will they all say Steelers on the back?"

They have to, otherwise people are going to get pissed and leave when they think they're watching the Bengals play.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Ts Hines Ward in particular vs. a team that resembles Seattle's finest. Why the loving Steelers though? Shouldn't it be the Jets or Giants?

Gotham, at least in the Nolan films, is a mishmash but the majority is Chicago. Besides, are you really gonnna complain about the Steelers getting held hostage by Bane?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

The last thing they need is more attention and gently caress Hines Ward getting paid.

They also kill the Seahawks in the movie. How am I supposed to react to that?

With resolute and reserved dignity, knowing that a man in an even more unreasonable and hideous wardrobe will avenge them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Really? I was under the impression that it was largely filmed in and based on Pittsburgh. I thought modeling the football team after the Steelers was a nod to this.

Do you know that street underneath a street that is in both movies? Thats lower wacker drive in Chicago and the amount of careful editing done in those movies to prevent you from realizing that street is like 2 blocks long is ridiculous. Additionally, many of the buildings used to make the blended skyline are Chicago landmarks. Not that they don't also use Pittsburgh and other cities, just that much of the filming was done in Chicago.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I always thought New York was Metropolis

Depends on the universe and what have you. In most of them though New York, Gotham, and Metropolis are all separate eastern seaboard cities and the total population of the world is much, much larger. Gotham is typically south of New York and Metropolis is typically north of it. Often, Gotham is in New Jersey so by default the Gotham Rogue's fans are terrible loving people.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Who has better mythical BBQ, Metropolis or Gotham? I feel like Gotham's would be a much darker bolder sauce, but Metropolis would definitely be sweeter and perfect for a 4th of July cook out.

Neither, as northeastern cities they by default have bad BBQ and Gotham's large Italian/English population would further prevent the occurrence of mouth watering BBQ. Metropolis might have better non-local faux-BBQ though given the large corporate sector.

Football wise Gotham is clearly going to be a run-first grind it out in the trenches solid defense football team while Metropolis would be an aired out and elegant deep threat style game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Get some reading comperehension, bitch. I said which city has better BBQ, not good BBQ. Lol you fail at debating stupid comic poo poo. :smugbert:

Ohgodhurryupwiththedraft

No, you will sit their while I explain how Star City does not run a true West Coast style offense and that the 49ers will totally crush them in the division this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Please do this.

First things first, I don't give a crap how much the Stag's coaching staff wants to claim that they run a modified I formation, they're running a modified veer formation and relying on Oliver Queen to have good short accuracy and running speed to dump off onto their half-back masquerading as a TE Thomas Bolt to actually carry the whole shambling mess forward.

I don't know what they're chugging up in Papp stadium but whatever it is makes them think they'll be able to run a dink and dunk offense against the 49ers who have if anything shown that trying to rely on a run game and short passes is going to get you carved up like the Glades during a budget cut. I think the coaching staff is really misusing their talent and once they all get fired after going an optimistic 6-16 you'll see them let Ollie stretch the field a bit more and throw some more deep balls to the woefully underused Roy Harper.

Rasczak posted:

I was about to mention how Star City would probably have the superior BBQ. Aren't they midwest?

Star City is north of San Francisco.

• Locked thread