Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Oh, and scrap the current Cowboys uniform. Ugly and no one piece matches the other.

Look at how wrong you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can't be the only one that thinks all throwbacks suck. They are only fun for novelty value.

I really like the Cowboys throwbacks. Not a huge fan of the Patriots though, but it seems like everyone on here loves those ones.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Good Will Punting posted:

e: New Era is doing head wear? The "Sideline" knits/fitteds this season were nice, but this could be pretty awesome.

Oh gently caress yes, New Era is greatness. I only have two 59Fifty hats, but these hats are amazing and I plan on getting several more.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

squarerandom posted:

I just want those drat Cowboys vapor whater, JUST TAKE MY MONEY NIKE.

The gloves? Yeah, I'm definitely getting a pair.

I just wish they would rerelease the Oklahoma ones so I could get them too :argh:

New Era is great for me, I've got a huge head (size 8 in the 59Fifty, massive head...) and snapbacks and the general "Medium/Large" style hats don't fit.

E: New Era website doesn't have any pictures of the hats yet (other than Pro Bowl hats) but it has release dates. Looks like the Draft Day are going to be the general 59Fifty ones with logos releasing on April 2nd, gonna grab a Cowboys one as soon as they get them in at Lids. Training hats on May 1st, "On-Field Collection" on June 1st silhouette looks almost like this past years sideline style, then the winter knitted stuff coming September 1st which I'll probably snag a Cowboys one too since knitted caps are awesome.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 2, 2012

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

GLOSS posted:

New Era just unveiled the draft caps on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/neweracaps?sk=app_197936773558886

Yeah they're ugly, but no one buys the draft caps anyways. I'm hoping the fitted sideline caps look better, cause I really want a good looking New Era Cowboys hat.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Sleepy Beef posted:

Flat-billed hats are pretty cool by the way, but I don't like leaving the stickers on.

I love the flat bill New Era caps, but yeah I really don't get the leaving the sticker on thing. First thing I do when I buy one is take those off.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Grantonio posted:

I also know a dude that leaves tags on his hats if they have them, but lol that's way too much.

Back in middle school the big thing was kids leaving the tags on their shirts and pants. That was 8 or 9 years ago and I still don't know what the gently caress :psyduck:

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

KettleWL posted:

I swear this is like the 15th time I've had to explain this poo poo to people but here we go:

Stickers on hats is the same as the tags on your starter hats/jackets back in the early 90s, hell actually it's just an evolution of it. It has nothing to do with a hat being "genuine" no, it's even more important than that. It's that the hat is loving new. It's that you just got this poo poo, you've not even had time to take the tags off it's so new. Because when you grow up and you're getting clothing through charity drives, or your mom's church, or your relatives hand-me-downs, having something new is the greatest feeling in the world. When you get some back to school clothes and you like knowing they just belong to you and you end up wearing them for like 5 days straight because hey this poo poo is new! With Starter stuff it was like hey this is so new I haven't even taken the tags off, just got right out the store and have it on. Then of course people realized that looked retarded, and it fell to the wayside. But 10 years later or so, people had the same dilemma. "How do I let the world know I just bought this hat? I know, I'll leave the bright gold sticker on it!"

So anyways point is that it, like all things fashion, came from a fairly understandable place and then was swagger jacked by people thinking it's cool until it lost all sense of the original "meaning" and is now about looking like a douche bag at the mall.

I think even if I left the sticker on it, people would be able to tell my 2010 World Series patch Texas Rangers cap has long outlived its "new"-ness. I just haven't had the funds to upgrade to a 2011 World Series patch cap yet!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I don't really wear hats very much because of my giant head.

This is why I like fitted caps and can't really wear the snapbacks. My head is massive. Size 8 with the New Era 59Fifty.

E: ModernAmerican size 9.5 :stare: You, sir, must have a lot of brains in your head.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 12, 2012

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Green Bay's new uniforms are now the old Rainbow Astros uniforms.

You say that like it would be a bad thing. This uniform owns, I'm not even an Astros fan and I'm planning on picking up a throwback Nolan Ryan Astros because it's so awesome.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Almo posted:

doesn't look terribly different

Giant rear end Nike swooshes on the sleeves. Guess that's gonna be on every teams jersey in the same spot, judging by the picture a few weeks ago of the Dolphins sleeve.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

tophat posted:

Definitely anxious to see the new Seattle jerseys. Could this be real?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1126431-seattle-seahawks-new-uniforms-to-be-unveiledor-perhaps-re-revealed

The numbering and overall style resembles Oregon's, but I still dig it. No problems with the current, mono-blue jerseys, but the grey pants look awesome.

It's Bleacher Report, so I'm going to assume it's fake until I see the real thing.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Arschlochkind posted:

I haven't looked at the contracts either but perhaps there's some kind of issue involving a separate contract with the NFLPA that expires/expired before the general NFL one did, so that legally Reebok can't print new Tebow Jets jerseys but are allowed to continue selling the old Broncos ones they already made.

That's basically what Deadspin reported the other day. The Reebok deal with the NFL hasn't actually expired yet, but the one with the NFLPA expired a few weeks ago or something.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

I Ram my Rams?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Bliggers- posted:

So official unveiling at 11am

Of course they would do it while I'm in class.

I'm guessing that's eastern time then?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Man, now's the time to go around looking for crazy deals on Reebok jerseys.

A few weeks ago I got a DeMarco Murray replica for 50% off, would have waited to see if the price dropped any more but they only had one in my size.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Wow, the "Gameday" jerseys look weird. Like, at least with Reebok the lowest jersey still looked more like a jersey than just a t-shirt.

I'll probably start saving up some cash for an Elite, they do look pretty slick. just need to decide which style and which player.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

squarerandom posted:

Totally want an Elite but for the 115$ if Limited is just as cool/fit but without the water resistance than that's cool.

Cowboys don't seem to have the Neck doodad listed but it does on the unveiling have it :iiam: So maybe not all the features/material listed. Just want more information so I know what I'm throwing my money at. Cowboys said the gloves will be on sale closer to the fall, dont give a gently caress about the price I want them now.

Not sure on who I would get from the boys though.

Woah, they're selling the gloves?! :f5: BUY NOW BUY NOW BUY NOW

I missed out on getting to buy the Oklahoma pro combat gloves back when they did them, I don't want to miss out on the Cowboys ones! (dear nike please release the sooners pro combat gloves again love missilewaster)

I already have Witten, Austin (both in blue), and Murray (in white), so whatever I pick up it will probably be the throwback.

And as for the Elite, like someone on here said, saving 50 bucks per paycheck won't be hard, and that way I'd have enough money for an Elite in just a few months, definitely in time for the preseason.

E: And I still need to pick up a Sam Bradford jersey. Might just bargain hunt for a Reebok on that one since it would probably be dirt cheap by now.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 5, 2012

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

squarerandom posted:

So Far I've got: Dez blue 50th patch, Witten White, Smith double star white throwback and white, Ware Turkey Day blue throwback.

So thinking a blue Witten or Sean Lee, they're just so boss man. I wanted Robinson next from last season :smith: he's still on our dept chart online :smithicide:

Sean Lee would be a good choice, I'm also thinking a Ware throwback although I'm going to check a few places first to see if I can find a Reebok one for much cheaper. Might just get an Elite Murray white (I'm an Oklahoma fan :v:) or possibly a Romo throwback. Dez is also still on the table, but like Ware I may just try to find a cheap Reebok for him.

And hey, if you still want a jersey for our #3 receiver there's always Ogletree...:smith:

E: And I heard there's a slight chance Terrell Owens goes to the Raiders, so I'd have to get his jersey to keep the collection going. I still don't want a Gameday one, though, I'll need to see what the Limited looks like compared to the Elite.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 5, 2012

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

GLOSS posted:

We got the replica jerseys in at work today, so of course I tried one on. The material is much heavier than the mesh the Reebok ones used to have, and without the sheen those had as well, the look isn't as nice. On top of that, they cut the shoulders like they're a women's baby tee, so if you try to raise your arms above rib level, the entire jersey pulls up with it and the bottom of your jersey ends up around your chest level. If they're gonna keep with this cut for the next 5 years, then I guess I won't be buying a new jersey over that time.

Are you talking about the "Gameday" jersey? Because yeah, the picture on nike's website made it look more like a t-shirt than a jersey. And I think those are the only ones my work is going to get in when they come in, so I'll have to shell out full price on an Elite..

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

I wonder if they're going to release something similar to these NFL jerseys for college teams? It would pretty much give them a right to print money at that point.

I mean, poo poo, I'd wear an Elite Sooners jersey.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

This thread just took a turn for the awesome.

mints posted:

The teams that get the pro-combat treatment each year usually have a limited version of the jersey release. I picked up the LSU one last year and it lacked the flywire collar and the numbers were simulated tackle twill partially stitched on with paint for the tiger stripes. Of course it was $75 compared to the 150 Nike was charging for an authentic regular game jersey.

I missed getting any Sooners gear when they got the Pro Combat treatment. And I really really want those gloves :(

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Jerseys are up for preorder now. Cowboys don't have Sean Lee, and for some reason they have DeMarco Murray Gameday but not Elite.

Also seeing the team color jerseys, the stars on the sleeves are different now, judging by the pictures. The color of the inside of the star is closer to the shade of blue on the white jerseys, versus the old jerseys it was the same color as the rest of the jersey which looks better to me.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

squarerandom posted:

Yeah that blue star on the sleeves looks loving terrible. Thanks Cowboys for having to mismatch the jerseys for no reasons even more. Guess I'll get a Blue Witten or maybe an Austin? P Sure I'm going to wait till June and get the Limited, going tab/tab for the Gameday/Elite really shows the differences and if it's cheaper to get midrange and only difference is water wicking, I think I'm sold. I couldn't tell what people were talking about when they said it looked like a shirt, but Tab/Tab the two and it's like looking at a Jersey and a longer Dri Fit shirt with screen pritned smaller numbers.

Waiting until June might be best, they'll probably have Sean Lee's jersey up by then, or at the very least a customization option.

I'm still going to go with a white Elite Murray so I'll probably have to wait until June for it to be an option (and to save up the money...). The white jerseys still look good, but yeah that star on the blue jerseys is driving me crazy. If we get any of them in at work later this month I'll see how they look in person, but with just the pictures to look at it looks horrible.

Is there an ETA on when we'll get to see what the throwbacks/alts look like?

And I just got a Nike Oklahoma baseball jersey today, Nike's jerseys run a lot larger than pretty much any other brand. I bought it at the game while I was in Norman, but I'm going to call the Sooners website on Monday to see if I can exchange it for a smaller size even though I didn't buy from them. It's a large which for Majestic is a pretty good, loose fit, just like I like it, but this one is like a drat circus tent on me or something. I'm assuming it'll be the same with these jerseys, so just keep that in mind when buying online.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

GD_American posted:

Probably most of the mall-oriented stores (Champs and others)

Team pro shops might carry them too.

There's a really cool store in the mall around here that will probably carry them, it's called Fanzz (I think that's how it's stylized). It's probably going to be the first place I check for one.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Rasczak posted:

You'd be crazy to drop $250 on a Murray jersey. Nevermind that he only really looked good in just a handful of games while in tandem with Fiammetta, who by the way is no longer on the team. Hell, let's even ignore that he suffered a season-ending ankle injury with no guarantee that he'll come back 100%. Let's simply consider the mere fact that he's a RB with the shortest shelf life by position in the NFL.

I may have some regrets about the amount of money I dropped on Barber and Felix jerseys. :smith:

We have Vickers and a full offseasons worth of work, I'm sure Murray will be fine this season.

So says the combination Oklahoma Sooners/Dallas Cowboys fan named MissileWaster.

I already have like three other Cowboys jerseys anyways, so either way I'm going to wait a while to get one, probably gonna grab one by the end of the preseason. I'll probably try and score a Sam Bradford Rams as soon as I can find one though.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 15, 2012

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Yinzer posted:

Yeah I got a Fanzz store here, IIRC I think they only sold replicas but I'm not sure. I'll have to call them when these jerseys are released.

The one here is pretty big, not sure if the ones they had were authentic or premier (or both), but yeah. They have swingman NBA jerseys, and some nice MLB throwbacks that I really want.

But yeah I think that store is probably the best bet on getting an Elite, especially for an out of market team or something.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Yinzer posted:

MLB throwbacks sound sick, if they are the Mitchell and Ness ones.

I'll have to go to Fanzz sometime and see. Thanks, where are you at?

I live in Dallas, the mall is up in Frisco. And yeah I'm pretty sure most of the throwbacks are Mitchell and Ness, the ones I was looking at were Nolan Ryan Astros and the 1972 powder blue Texas Rangers. I believe most of them are $90, and fully stitched.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I want a team to go the complete opposite. Instead of anything fancy at all, I want to see an NFL team go as generic as possible. Just a white jersey with TEAMNAME/NUMBER on front.

Something like this, only in uniform style.

The Dharma (football) Initiative

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Really? I was under the impression that it was largely filmed in and based on Pittsburgh. I thought modeling the football team after the Steelers was a nod to this.

Dude they're using the steelers because the CEO of the company producing Dark Knight Rises has a minority stake of the team. It's not really a nod to anything, they were using the Steelers because they can.

If that dude had a minority stake in the Seahawks or Patriots or whatever they would have used them for the Gotham Rogues instead.

Now it would be cool if the Steelers sold replicas of those jerseys though. poo poo, I'd probably even buy one.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

My dad cheered when Romo got hurt during the San Francisco game.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Clearly Bane would be the Seatle Lynchhawks.

Lynch wouldn't really fit in with Bane's MO.

Maybe Anthony Hargrove.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

How's the size compared to the Reebok jerseys? Smaller, bigger, same?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

The Dallas Cowboys Pro Shops have the gameday and Elite jerseys, they're actually pretty slick. But yeah, the gameday ones seem to be effectively pointless once the middle tier comes out.

I talked to the person working, she said they should be getting other players like Murray and Lee in July, for now they have Witten, Romo, Austin, Bryant, and Ware.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

squarerandom posted:

Did they say the Lee/Murray jerseys are going to be in shop only or online as well? I need A Lee jersey for the cowboys/chargers preseason game at least drat't

I'm sure it'll be online and in store. Online has the gameday jerseys for Murray already, but the shop doesn't, so yeah. E: To clarify, I just asked when the shop would get them and she said July, but I think that's when the Limited jerseys come out so it'll pretty much coincide with that. I only asked about Murray, she's the one that mentioned Sean Lee jerseys so take that as you will.

You should be able to get a Lee before the preseason though, but if you're dead set on buying online I'd recommend you at least go into the shop to check what size you'll need, they're different enough from the Reeboks that you'll just want to be sure.

Fanzz at the same mall I was at had jerseys for all teams, but other than Cowboys the rest of them looked like they were just the gameday jerseys. Hopefully they get the Limiteds for non-Cowboys, it's only like 30 bucks more but seems like the quality will be a lot better. Gonna get one of those for Sam Bradford eventually, but for now I'm probably gonna save my money for an Elite Murray like I had mentioned before.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

I know this is football jersey chat, but I've been meaning to get an A's jersey, but which? If I get a weeks jersey am I cursing him to be traded next week? Do I stick with an old all star?

Also, I would prefer the away "Oakland" on the front, but I like home white. What should I do?

You could always get a blank jersey. Current players are hard to gauge, just check who signed an extension most recently cause they'll be safer bets. Old all stars could be good ones, depends on the player really.

Just whatever you do don't get your own name put on it, that's tacky as gently caress.

I'm thinking about collecting the Rangers throwbacks they'll be wearing this year. There's 4 in all, and I'm thinking about getting Hamilton on all of them. I also want to get a blue Yu Darvish at some point.

e; Last year around this time we had a thread about posting your jersey collections. It's been so long since then that I'm sure a bunch of people on here have gotten new jerseys, plus the Nike NFL jerseys are out, think we should just use this thread to talk about that or should someone start a new one for it?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

mints posted:

if it weren't so expensive I want a Saints jersey with Ridiculous/3 on the back, since it's Bobby Hebert's old number and a word he seems to LOVE to say on the radio.

I saw a Dallas Mavericks jersey that was ReDirkulous/41, I was so tempted to buy it.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

To me, if I spend 200$ on clothing I am wearing it. Hell, I was given an actual game jersey of my favorite Russian soccer club's feeder team by a player. It's literally irreplaceable but I still wear it. If it gets a really nasty stain or rip or something then I'll frame it with whichever side isn't ruined facing out. For me shelling out 250$ for a gameday jersey and then framing it in your room and waring a watered down version for another 100$ is just stupid.

For me it depends on the player. I mean, no way in hell am I wearing an autographed jersey, but some players I'll definitely pay 200 bucks for a signed jersey so I can hang it up in my living room.

I need to get a frame for my autographed TO jersey. Paid about twenty bucks for the jersey, then got him to sign it at halftime of the Wranglers season opener.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

The Dave posted:

Reminds me a little of people who collect action figures and arguing over in the box vs. opening and displaying them.

The correct answer is opening and displaying them, though.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

mints posted:

Some players won't have Elite jerseys available through general release, most teams have at most 5 guys that will be recognizable enough to warrant making the jerseys for sale to the public. The rest are available, but only when you get a customized jersey for $50 more. It really sucks when a player that may have not had a great year the season before gets really hot since the ramp up in production of their jersey usually takes a good 5-8 weeks before shops start getting the jerseys in.

That's partially true. If what the lady at the Cowboys Pro Shop said applies to all teams, they should be selling Elites for other players starting in July.

At least I hope it's Elite and she didn't just mean Game/Limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

squarerandom posted:

Did they say the Lee/Murray jerseys are going to be in shop only or online as well? I need A Lee jersey for the cowboys/chargers preseason game at least drat't

Was passing through the mall and stopped by the Cowboys Pro Shop today, they had the Game day Murray and Lee jerseys. The guy said he wasn't sure if they would be getting them in Elite though, and to just keep checking online for those.

E: Also the pictures online showed the stars on the sleeves of the blue jerseys being a different color rather than negative space like last years, in person it looks like the pictures were wrong and it does take advantage of the negative space. It looks fine in person, no clue why the pictures online looked wrong.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 27, 2012

• Locked thread