Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Vikings need to go back to their old purple (the hue that doesn't look royal blue under TV lights) and need to get rid of the dumb horn logo on their helmets forever. The real Vikings of yore never wore horns on their heads and it just makes them look like the million other animal-themed teams. I would be happy if they embraced some more traditional Norse designs, both as a helmet logo and maybe as a subtle texture similar to what Wisconsin had in the Rose Bowl. If Nike can't find a way to use the yellow in their uniforms, then I think theyshould go with gold. Because Vikings pillage gold...and rape women...but mainly pillage gold.

I also want the Jags to adopt an Aztec-theme once they move to LA, with the option of solid gold uniforms. v:haw:v

Iron Clad Lou fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jan 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

More Nike merch leaked:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65516705@N00/sets/72157629654577981/detail/

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Speaking of alternates, it looks like Seattle might be getting some neon pants after all:

Iron Clad Lou fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 20, 2012

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Toussaint Louverture posted:

It's like the emporer's clothes. Those uniforms would be beautiful on a team like the Texans or the Panthers who are actually likable.

Not really
Real talk those throwbacks would look killer on either Green Bay or Chicago.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

The new shinier helmets look better on the Vikes too, though I noticed the Bills' whites didn't match at all in last night's game.

Did I miss the part where we all bitched about those silly new 'popped collars' on the Nike jerseys? Some teams can pull it off, but for the most part, yecke.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

I'm open to bringing back the purple pants. I think the all-purple look he Vikings tried with their 2006 era unis didn't work becuase of the 'dazzle' proprietary fabric Reebok was using...the gleam and shininess makes the whole thing look like a 90's superhero getup at a birthday party. Same holds true for the current all-red Cardinals look; monochrome just doesn't look good in that shiny material. If the Vikings are indeed switching to the matte fabric that we've seen Nike use in college football, I think it could turn out looking really good. For whatever reason the matte monochrome comes off as more professional and mature in my head I guess. If they go that route I doubt we'd end up with 'purple pajamas' again.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

It works with the dolphin swimming and silhouetted against the midday sun::

Of course this perspective puts dolphin fans at he bottom of the ocean.

Iron Clad Lou fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 15, 2013

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/4/15/4229286/new-Minnesota-vikings-uniforms-2013
New Vikings unis may have been leaked...or its a picture of cake. No one knows.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

DJExile posted:

Orange owns. Illinois recently showed off their new stuff and it looks pretty sharp.

Still can't stand that goofy shiny stripe thing on the collar though.

The new orange hue looks to be the same as the current Bears, which is kinda neat since the Bears originally chose orange and blue as an homage to the university.

That's a nice number font too.

Iron Clad Lou fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Whats so great about the Bills helmet? The racing stripes look like stickers pulled off a pinewood derby car. Whats the red line supposed to be anyway? Blood? Why is your mascot dying? Old lone standing bison was superior IMO.

• Locked thread