Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So the NFLPA is opening up their own online store tomorrow, with the hook that every single player will have swag available. I'm wondering if that will extend to jerseys, and if so will they be the same price as the rest of Nike's lineup, or will they be glorified customs and cost as such? And is there a chance of getting former players involved? Also, for us cheapskates, will this trickle down to the various jersey sites?

edit - story link http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19552323/online-nflpa-shop-opens-provides-apparel-for-every-nfl-player-revenue-streams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So far, the "every player" aspect of the NFLPA shop is just a gloried Cafe Press front. Ah well. Maybe it'll expand later.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Alucard posted:

It's a lovely knockoff. They probably are using up all the logos they already have or until enough complaints come in before they do it. All the Nike jerseys should technically have the logo redesign.

And I thought the Panthers opted out of all of Nike's updated stuff anyway, so unless you really need the new logo/swooshes/KEEP POUNDING go ahead and get an old Reebok one and you should be fine.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
We used fanscheapjerseys.com for our last group buy at work and everything worked out fine. I think that site was reddit-approved somewhere back in this thread, so if that's a turnoff that's fine, but it worked fine for me.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

worst fuckin thing ive seen all goddamn week

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Big Jay Cutler posted:

I think the Packers and Raiders were the two teams that opted not to change to Nike's new materials at all.

Panthers too, so the Cam/Rodgers should be the same.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The jerseys are shipped in a standard envelope, about three per because they fold and compress the poo poo out of them. May differ for bigger sizes or hockey jerseys but I wouldn't worry about padded envelopes or boxes, just leave them in the plastic and cram into a different envelope (and tape the poo poo out of it).

Couple of other notes, the site I've used (fanscheapjerseys.us) adds $4 for insurance and $1 in tax on any item, on top of that :20bux: for orders under 10. Take a $20 jersey, it becomes $45 after those fees. Now, if you don't use Western Union (whatever you do don't use your credit card just for security purposes, either use a prepaid burner or Paypal), there's a 5% fee on top of everything. Somehow the Chinese calculate 5% of $45 to be $3.60, so the total is now $48.60 on a $20 jersey. Now, bump that to 10 jerseys and it comes out to $270 total, $27 per on a $20 jersey, which is far more reasonable, but then it's whatever it costs for that second shipping, so make it about $30 per, and obviously it's dependent on the price of the jersey you get.

My personal recommendation is get two or three friends and be ready to spend about a hundred bucks each as everyone gets a couple; doing a group buy like this is fine and all but it can be a headache for whomever is trying to organize everything and lineup payments and shipping and poo poo. I've done this with people at work and it's a pain, and I can easily track down and intimidate those who are stingy with their dough. Not to poo poo on y'all, but I don't know you and I don't like having people I don't know say they're gonna pay me with no accountability. If everyone's comfortable by all means go ahead, but I would exercise caution.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
N: Baylor's new uni combo: https://twitter.com/BUFootball/status/340490420058468352/photo/1

V: Not terrible. Beats the poo poo out of their highlighter hoop unis.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I see we've moved the Pro Bowl to somewhere in Oregon.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
FYI, some of these sites have been getting their domains seized recently. I'm sure they'll just pop back up under a different name, but be aware.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

oldskool posted:

A white helmet with those dark jerseys would look terrible.

E: Then again, maybe they won't have dark jerseys, considering every jersey in their team shop just went on sale.

Clicked on that link and work firewall stopped me, clearly trying to prevent the MRSA from spreading to our network.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Well the good news is that we've run out of Florida teams to gently caress with. Which means watch them ruin Atlanta's and start going up the eastern seaboard.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

shiksa posted:

If it aint broke don't fix it.

- Napoleon Kaufman

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Holy poo poo (not football but whatevs peep this poo poo)

http://www.oknfl.net/chicago-bulls-23-michael-jordan-white-tune-squad-nba-jersey-p-47947.html

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I dunno the Oklahoma State Browns there don't look terrible. Too bad Okie Lite's best jersey was black with orange font.

Also I'm glad I never got that Justin Blackmon throwback.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Jerseychat 20XX: Grownass men talkin' fashion 'n poo poo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Alouicious posted:

if the helmets are the same color all they need to do is swap the decals

Stupid question: if we can vinyl wrap a stock car, why can't we vinyl wrap a helmet?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
What are you all using to pay with AliExpress? I used burner cards to buy jerseys before, is that a good MO to keep up or is it safe to use a CC with AliExpress?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Neil Armbong posted:

Great uniform; the helmet definitely sets a bar for other redesigns. Only other helmets on this level the past few years are the Navy helmets.

A correct opinion.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

Also, according to John U. Bacon, all of the goofy uniforms worn over the last couple seasons were the original idea of one Dave Brandon, jackass.

I thought it was an adidas deal since they give everyone lunatic poo poo to wear, and Brandon was all but happy to go along with it (or didn't have a choice). Either way, blaming Brandon for all the faults of the world is fine by me so have at it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

The Lions have a Bible verse about lions in the entrance tunnel at Ford Field.

Except they've got it wrong and it's the Lions being led to the slaughter.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Pacers x Colts is basically Cal.

Bulls one is really good. Cam Hornets is top shelf though.

Heat/Dolphins looks like a Bucs jersey and Niners/Kings is trash.

Sonics one really needs to have the bar lowered with Seahawks across it, or bite the bullet and go with the mid-90s design.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Idiot Kicker posted:

They should have done Lynch's uni in OKC colors to troll everyone.

And now I'm mad at myself for even suggesting that.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Fluo posted:

Walking into Wembley seeing every single teams jersey worn by 90,000 people was something to be soon

So much for protecting this house! :argh:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Epi Lepi posted:

I like that your only choices are Bortles and Yeldon.

Who else? Noodle-arm Denard? Say gently caress it Fred Taylor?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Just found a legit Chuck Woodson Raiders home jersey on ebay going for £20 ($30)

:hellyeah:

This is my Xmas present to myself.

I found a Sonics hoodie on Mitchell & Ness the other day, retails for $90, on sale for $36. What up self-buying buddies :hfive:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
N: http://footballscoop.com/news/navy-will-wear-special-hand-painted-helmets-for-army-game/

V: Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Navy gets the sickest unis for Army/Bowl game, whoever designs these needs to design everyone's stuff instead of half the poo poo adidas cranks out.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Speaking of which, who should I get on my Raiders away jersey?

Carr, Cooper, Mack or go old school and get Stabler?

The answer is Bo and will always be Bo. You get the Black Bo Jackson and you close your wallet.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Has AliExpress cracked down on jerseys? I wanted to get a few UGA jerseys for the wife and there are none to be found.

I just went browsing there and it's a ghost town compared to what it used to be.

Has anything else popped up or is the dream finally dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

Poking around that website and came across this...

http://www.buyjerseysusa.com/carolina-panthers-customized-fanatical-version-nfl-jerseys001-p-126722.html

Panthers color rush jerseys should be interesting this year.

Eyes up here :mad:

• Locked thread