Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress the haters, I like the new uniforms. Everything looks a little weird in a vacuum these, like the dolphins will look pretty cool on the field imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Farchanter posted:

that's all I know, unfortunately. This Uni-Watch post is the most comprehensive source, and according to them, Nike says it's due to "color matching issues" and "midnight green is a custom color that apparently needs time to make," despite being able to get everyone else's custom colors completed well in advance of now.

e: if I had to guess, and this is just a total shot in the dark, it has to do with "midnight green" being very metallic, whereas it seems like Nike switched to matte versions of all previously metallic colors (San Francisco's pants, etc.) when they got the uniform contract, which IIRC was also something to do with Nike's manufacturing process. I imagine they can't get a flat version of the midnight green that doesn't look like crap.

Don't the oregon ducks have a similar shade of green for some of their unis?

I mean obviously not the exact same but I thought it wouldn't be that hard to adjust it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Michael Irvin a man who's been busted numerous times for drug posession is going to lecture me on supporting criminal enterprises.

Maybe they can get Ben Roethlisberger to do an anti-rape ad.

Rae Carruth can do one on parenting classes.

Ray Rice on not beating your wife.

Steve Smith on talking through your anger issues.

Michael Vick on animal rights.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like the Jets unis most of all in the league. They're so loving simple but look so good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

D C posted:

Something that hasn't been seen in years unfortunately.

:thurman:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers black pants uniform is most baller as gently caress.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

I think I'm gonna buy a Seau jersey

I hear you gotta let the chest out in those a little

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some dude did an edit of what he expects the panthers to be, I'd think it'll be a little less metallic and a little more pastel with blue socks and skins https://twitter.com/prosportedits14/status/659941363337863169

Should be cool as gently caress - I hope they go full retard, blue cleats, blue gloves, blue everything.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers need a new helmet, the speckled grey/silver is kind of 90s. I don't really know how you'd improve it though. Maybe Nike will come up with something not terrible. Even then I doubt Jerry Richardson would go for it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Was there a schedule of nike re-designs for uniforms or was it more an opt in thing with teams?

I couldn't remember whether it was only a few teams like the Buccs and Browns who were going for a big update or if all the teams were eventually getting their stuff changed?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TG-Chrono posted:

Same. Does anyone post to southern hemisphere?

oknfl worked out pretty well for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Werent all teams supposed to get an update under the nike deal?

• Locked thread