Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

jordjevic posted:

I'm kind of torn on the old Seahawks getup - the Blue and Green are the exact same level of brightness and the silver doesn't really help. It has its problems (that insanely specific shade of blue) but the thing I like about the modern Seahawks uni is at least the blue and green contrast each other. Maybe if they went for something like this?

(Apathetic Seahawk cracks me up, seriously what is with that eyeball)

gently caress this. I love the current Seahawks uniforms. The blue/grey home one is my favorite. And I even enjoy the neon green alternates too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

defiantgiant posted:

Zach Zaidman via Twitter:

Thank god. Messing around with the Bears' uniforms would be a loving crime.

I love the drat Bears uniform.

I also hope the Seahawks get the wings on the shoulders like the Ducks have. I don't know why, but I love those goofy outfits.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ppp posted:

Still waiting for the Arizona Cardinals Super Large Wordmark hat from mitchell and ness.

Imagine this but with one more letter.

I'm quoting this so no one overlooks this monstrosity. Bleh.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grantonio posted:

Now I'm picturing some dude walking around the country that gets all the Super Bowl loser merchandise and yelling at them for changing their team every year.

They might not be bandwagoners, maybe they all just love the AFC. :c00lbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NattyBo posted:

Getting back to Jerseychat... how in the world have these not leaked yet?

For those of you who also post in The Ray Parlour (I know there are a few of you in here, too), we all know Nike (and all other brands) new soccer jerseys leak months in advance. Barcelona's kit for next year has been leaked since before Christmas.

I, for one, do not feel like waiting until April 3rd to see the changes :goonsay:

Probably because AIG wanted the world to see what their new jerseys looked like for advertising purposes.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

smuggler posted:

Most of those concept unis were bad, but I actually like the feather/headdress white Chiefs helmet.

Came here to agree. But I think that one is actually the Redskins. Either way, it's kind of cool.

These are the real abortions.

For example, the Patriots just used Limbaugh's old jizz rag.

Really, jaguar print on an NFL jersey?

And no one should ever alter the Bears jersey.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
It looks like the kinda crap you would see in an over the top Marines recruitment video.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

BRB MAKIN BACON posted:

My sense of style is on par with Urkel but I think I'm the only person on the planet that likes the Seahawks all Navy home uniforms.

<- SWAG

I love those fuckers. But I'm also down with the Hawks being the crazy team with experimental jerseys.

And gently caress you haters that dislike Bengals colors. They rock.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Depends on the color. I don't mind Seattle's version. The Seattle color is subdued, not bright. Cardinals all red is so bright it hurts. I hate it. But Seattle also isn't too dark, like the all Black Ravens. When the Ravens wear all black they look like they have leotards or yoga pants on. That uniform needs a purple stripe so badly.

Seattles looks good, but yes, Saints and Ravens look silly in black pants.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mcqueen posted:

Have they showed what these super tight unis are going to look like on O-linemen, because I bet it's neat. Gonna see everything they're working with. Good news on the new belts at least, never going to see another 350lb man rear end again...on the field at least.

Marshawn shoulda put in his Seahawk grill in for the photo, take the madness to 11. Hold my dick alien insects!

Red Bryant in a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

animeluva1 posted:

A slight derail. I know these are basketball shoes but Nike now has their Dunk shoes available in your favorite NFL team colors. You can customize them how you see fit.

For instance

It'll look like you jacked them from Ronald McDonald.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Piggles posted:

125$ is a lot of money to be less effective than barefoot.

I wear $30 Fila and I'm doing just fine.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
^^^
This is so wrong.

Barudak posted:

Good to see the Warden let them prisoners out of Georgia long enough to play some football.

Fitting, seeing as the entire team belongs there.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

I graduated with an art degree, remade all the NFL logos to have Manning's face, re-colored all the goddamn uniforms, do logos for companies as freelance side projects, and guess what: Those Steeler Uniforms loving Suck.

There's being different, and being absurd. This design would work if the rest of the NFL had designs similar to this, but for right now it's waaaaaaaay to out of place and looks like a bumblebee. It's an eyesore of a design, the stripes clash with the vertical nature of the numbers.

Oh poo poo son! It's on now!:nyd:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Well I guess art is subjective.

I won't be able to watch that game without making buzzing noises.

Yea, and those Steelers unis still loving blow.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

She's experiencing a programming error and is stuck in an infinite loop, and he's an idiot.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

To be fair, these throwbacks are essentially identical to their 1934 jerseys.

Is good taste something they couldn't afford during the depression?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Almo posted:

I like the Steelers a little bit more because of these crazy rear end throwbacks

Only because it makes the Packers look less poo poo, right?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Declan MacManus posted:

Don't say that too loudly, there are people who actually think they don't look like total dogshit

Well not total dog poo poo, only the jersey is a blue color.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Almo posted:

wanna fight :mad:

Bring it leatherhead

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Um they are the Gotham Rogues NERD

also if they sold those jerseys I would buy them all

Why does Pittsburg=Gotham?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alter Ego posted:

The next Batman movie stars the Pittsburgh Steelers as Gotham City's football team, the Gotham Knights.

At least, I think that's it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ts Hines Ward in particular vs. a team that resembles Seattle's finest. Why the loving Steelers though? Shouldn't it be the Jets or Giants?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

Gotham, at least in the Nolan films, is a mishmash but the majority is Chicago. Besides, are you really gonnna complain about the Steelers getting held hostage by Bane?

The last thing they need is more attention and gently caress Hines Ward getting paid.

They also kill the Seahawks in the movie. How am I supposed to react to that?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

With resolute and reserved dignity, knowing that a man in an even more unreasonable and hideous wardrobe will avenge them.

Are we talking about Batman or Aaron Rodgers?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

The Seahawks are in a movie? Why ???????????

Yea, foursome reason they're recreating the most egregious insult in Seahawks history. I wonder if they'll have the scene where the refs jump Alexander.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
gently caress the Steelers, Gotham is New York.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I always thought New York was Metropolis

Superman is apparently....

Canadian!?!?!?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(comics)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Retromancer posted:

I think in the Avengers/JLA crossover the avengers get transported to the DCU and I think Tony or Reed comments that there's a lot more landmass to account for all these extra cities.

Also this is a terrible derail close TFF now, etc.

Who has better mythical BBQ, Metropolis or Gotham? I feel like Gotham's would be a much darker bolder sauce, but Metropolis would definitely be sweeter and perfect for a 4th of July cook out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

All I'm going to say is that the next movie's villains after the Joker and Two Face is like getting the Jaguars playing the Chiefs after Giants V Saints. Ifa you know what I meeaan.

Please the Joker was like Seattle, totally schizophrenic. Having Bane vs. Barman is going to be like watching the Packers vs. The Ravens. A monstrously evil and powerful villain against an iconic image of good and justice. Then the image of good and justice gets its spine snapped. You can't really tell me that the Packers vs. The Ravens is better than the Packers vs. Seattle.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

Neither, as northeastern cities they by default have bad BBQ and Gotham's large Italian/English population would further prevent the occurrence of mouth watering BBQ. Metropolis might have better non-local faux-BBQ though given the large corporate sector.

Football wise Gotham is clearly going to be a run-first grind it out in the trenches solid defense football team while Metropolis would be an aired out and elegant deep threat style game.

Get some reading comperehension, bitch. I said which city has better BBQ, not good BBQ. Lol you fail at debating stupid comic poo poo. :smugbert:

Ohgodhurryupwiththedraft

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

No, you will sit their while I explain how Star City does not run a true West Coast style offense and that the 49ers will totally crush them in the division this year.

Please do this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

Hey here is some jersey news!!! My dad and I ordered some Seahawks replica jerseys in 31 and 29 so we can basically make up 1/2 of the Seahawks DB corps!! What a great story. Anybody else have a football dad? That's always a good derail.

Where'd you get them, I've been looking for a good jersey for a while.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NattyBo posted:

And this is what the jerseys were based on:

good to see Steve Buscemi wasn't always an actor.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yeah but you don't actually wear a signed jersey to the stadium. Frame that poo poo and hang it in your bedroom.

My girlfriend tried to get me a signed Lynch jersey for when I play games...

They'll never find the body.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GD_American posted:

why bother cheering for a team that doesn't? :haw:

Why not cheer for a team with more?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Do you want Sproles and Bree's too?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

animeluva1 posted:

Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen, you too can proudly display your pride in the Steel Curtain Rogue's Gallery for a mere $200 + free shipping.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-ua-gotham-rogues-football-jersey/pid1240312-750

Front (Closeup)

Back

I promised myself way back when rumors about this jersey starting going around I would get one. Combine my love of football and Batman into one wearable thing? Why yes please I'll have one. Once payday comes in I am gladly forking over a chunk of my money to Under Armour.

EDIT:
UA is selling Gothom Rogues shirts, jackets, and hats too. On the fence for the ladies shirt, but I am committed for that jersey.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/gotham-rogues

Do these come with Kevlar?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Seeing Heinz field blow up was so worth price of admission, even if it was mostly not-Seahawks that bit it.

Well of course the world wants to see the villains like Hasselbeck fall to the noble Big Ben and Hines Ward. :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

Devout Christian and noted rear end in a top hat Shaun Alexander. every football player ever

• Locked thread