Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

defiantgiant posted:

It's a crime that neither Tennessee nor Houston is using the old Oilers logo. The Titans' throwback Oiler uniforms in '09 were some of the best uniforms I've seen in a long time. ... Those rule, why would you not just wear those all the time?

The Titans only have/had them as AFL throwbacks, and the Texans can't do anything related to the Oilers because the Great Satan wouldn't let Houson keep the rights to the name and team history when they left.

Edit: I'd like to see the Texans try out their red alternate jersey with the normal blue pants. I think it would look better with the helmet than the ketchup bottle all-red.

Arschlochkind fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

seAHAWKS:pwn:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Expanding on smackfu's thoughts, I think the NFL teams are probably more concerned with creating an iconic look for their franchise than a college program typically is. A lot of NFL teams don't need anything done to their uniforms, and having Nike run wild with far-out Oregon stuff doesn't make much sense.

With that said, I'd like to see the league allow teams to have more alternate uniforms than they do currently. Particularly an alternate helmet separate from throwbacks or anything like that.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

jordjevic posted:

Texans, better be prepared for your soon-to-be-famous "Farmer's Tan Red"

NEW NIKE TEXANS UNIFORM DESIGN LEAKED

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

I haven't looked at the contracts either but perhaps there's some kind of issue involving a separate contract with the NFLPA that expires/expired before the general NFL one did, so that legally Reebok can't print new Tebow Jets jerseys but are allowed to continue selling the old Broncos ones they already made.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Jelq Swagger posted:

Steelers new throwback via Steelers twitter:

I had a flashback when I saw those.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

nerve posted:

Lookin' good!

Did Big Ben take that picture in the team bathroom?

"I'm not down to wear throwbacks, but I like to suit up."

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

I want a team to go the complete opposite. Instead of anything fancy at all, I want to see an NFL team go as generic as possible. Just a white jersey with TEAMNAME/NUMBER on front.

Something like this, only in uniform style.

So like the (away) Penn State of the NFL?

City Name Sports Team. :geno:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

That certainly is a hat with the Texans logo. :geno:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

This jersey should be the permanent Thanksgiving uniforms, those were the best.

Actually, those Thanksgivings where every team wore throwbacks were excellent, should be a mandatory thing.

Lions vs Oilers for this Thanksgiving.

Every time somebody makes a post like this I feel a brief, profound sadness before my standard hatred for Bud Adams returns to the forefront. gently caress Bud Adams.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

I think he's talking about this one, which was used between '61 and '69 according to what I saw.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

jordjevic posted:

On the matter of Fly Collars or whatever, (i think) the Texans are the only team with a different-colored fly collar that goes all the way around:

So I honestly wonder why they only had it for one team. Why do it the right way only once?

It looks different because the Texans chose to not have the flywire/Nikelace collar. So it's solid red because that's the way it was before the Nike changes in material and fit. They don't have that two-tone neck roll thing going on either.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Chimeric posted:

I've placed three orders from christmas-jerseys.com in the past year or so and have been happy with the quality, both with the Reebok and Nike versions. The most recent was a month ago, got a couple Nike Elites that came out pretty well. I'll see what I can do about getting some photos; my Dad bought some authentic Nikes for an autograph signing at a leukemia benefit this week, maybe I can get some nice side-by-side comparison shots against the real deal.

I ordered three Nike jerseys from this site and they've just shipped. I'll see about sharing some pics when they get here.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

mints posted:

That's a fake right?

Well I'm sure it's a fake in that it's probably from one of those knockoff sites and isn't sold by the actual team. ...right?

Because that looks like the weird poo poo those sites like yukijersey have, like bizarre Texans blackout designs and red urban camo and poo poo.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

Although after looking at Yukijersey, it looks like it's run by the same people as tarajersey.

Really they all look substantially similar. I ordered a jersey from tarajersey a couple of seasons ago and it looks fine but was a bit smaller than I expected. I'm waiting on three from christmas-jersey right now and will update you guys on their quality.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Comfortador posted:

That Ecmcpal thing that Yukijersey uses for payment was screwed up and errored on me. Now it has two of my cards info, and no way to delete them or cancel the account.

I contacted them 2 days ago and have yet to receive a response. It's kind of spooking me.

I know how you feel. I went with Moneygram since it was an option with christmas-jersey. Didn't want to dump all my info into their site and that ECMCPal thing seemed shady to me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Sorry this took so long - here's the three jerseys I ordered from christmas-jersey.com.

Cushing in red, OD in white, and Watt in blue. They were all listed as Nike elite on the site, but only the Cush one came with the 10 year anniversary patch (which I considered a nice bonus, anyway). They look okay and are passable, particularly compared to the red DeMeco Ryans jersey I ordered a couple of years ago from tarajersey. The stitching is done fast and loose in some spots and they don't have the Nikelace, but you have to get pretty close to really notice it for the most part.

Huge images:

The front of the battle red Cushing jersey (and liberty white cat feet). Most of those areas that look like extra stitching or errors are just the loose ends of threads that can be cut off, like on the T and E in the text logo on the chest.

The Houston Texans 10 Year Anniversary patch on the Cushing jersey. It looks good, but when you get close you can see that it's a "good" example of some of the worst stitching on any of the three jerseys.

A really bright and blurry pic of the jock tag.

The name plate. You can see more loose thread here that I'll be cutting off. One problem all three jerseys share is that the outer edges of the name plates are a bit loose; I may try to sew them down or just wait to see how they hold up.

Front of the liberty white Daniels jersey (matching cat feet). This one seems to be the best quality of the three. Less loose threads and better stitching for the most part.

OD name plate. I think you can see what I meant earlier by slightly loose edges on the plate, but this particular one is the most secure.

Closeup of the neck area of the deep steel blue Watt jersey. All three use Nike tags and logos but I'm not sure how closely they mirror the actual look of the elites.

Extreme closeup of the shoulder swoosh on the Watt jersey.

Arschlochkind fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 8, 2012

• Locked thread