Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Tomlinson could be wearing tie dye and zubaz and this would still look amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We loving love our punters in the AFC West.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
These are the only Denver uniforms as far as I'm concerned:

Maybe I should note that I'm not a fan of the team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's a disturbing lack of orange in those tweets. Not that aqua is bad exactly, but there are limits.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bliggers- posted:

Sorry I meant white on white sets. I know everyone has a white jersey, it just seems like only a couple teams wear white pants with their white jerseys regularly.

I've been against white on whites ever since Joe Montana played for the Chiefs. I can't really explain it and I can't find the best picture to illustrate things, but somehow those uniforms always brought out how tiny his legs were. It just looked really awkward somehow. You can kind of see it here I guess:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

leave the names in white and outline it with the powder blue

This is an interesting idea (I really dislike it as is), can someone mock it up?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Joe Thomas seems like the safest bet of a current Browns player if they don't have a Bernie. He's signed forever and even if his legs fall off today you can talk about how good he was before.

Actually I have no idea, are linemen jerseys even a thing? They seem pretty rare even for awesome guys.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I would think that all but the most casual of fans could identify team logos based on looking at the helmets they're watching on TV though, even granting that point. I guess it's a little too ostentatious for me.

If the facemask really is pewter that's cool though and I support that part for sure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That might be the single ugliest 4 I've ever seen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oregon has had a few absolutely amazing uniforms in there that I'm pissed I don't get to see more often.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DJExile posted:

They had a white outfit for road games and the MAC championship that looked great too.

They couldn't help but look good on the field with whatever the hell NIU was trying to do with their uniforms in that game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Here you go. Apparently it's the Battle of the Bulge? Pretty cool looking anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Any Dickerson jersey sold should come with a free pair of goggles.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If I were interested in a throwback Browns jersey I'd probably get a Webster Slaughter. Or just go really old school and get a Paul Warfield.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd imagine he's talking about the refs for the second one. That or taking a long view and saying 1968 wasn't all that long ago when you consider human history.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You just need to go all out and it sort of flips back around to awesome because your brain stops working. No you're not thinking all out enough. Like this:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

oldskool posted:

Did they get rid of the rule that you can't wear a combination that matches your field color? I remember they were tossing that around for a while regarding Boise State, but that was before anybody else was changing field colors IIRC.

Not sure if there ever was that rule for FCS, I believe that picture is from 2012 so it would have been in the last couple of years. I think you need special permission/grandfathered in like Boise to have a weird field at all in FBS.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--yeah I like that one

Suspect Bucket posted:

edit: Seriously? An EXTINCT canadian chicken?

Huh I just thought it was a chicken.

Now I'm going to imagine it was a huge chicken that fed on reindeer and moose.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Top jersey sales by state

Am I missing a connection between the Skins and Nebraska other than Roy Helu (who isn't there anymore)?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Idiot Kicker posted:

Those are loving baller as gently caress.

I think these were the ones with semaphore saying BEAT ARMY on the back of them. That year in general was awesome, that was the year Army had the Battle of the Bulge maps on their unis.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I didn't understand the red stripe on the legs but then I found this:

Now I don't understand the red stripe on the plane. There are some others with a white stripe. Something to identify a particular squadron or something?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

NC-17 posted:

Almost every throwback is better than what replaced it.

I tend to agree in football most of the time. But if we think of other sports this happened once:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Every time someone talks logos I end up wasting at least an hour on sportslogos.net

Bring back the USFL by the way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Those are really cool looking. NFL should do a Throwback Thursday Night game where they make two teams dress in black and white while using these helmets.

Even though I know what you mean I like to think you believe there was no color in the world before color TV happened.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Surely you paid with a CC or paypal, right? If you don't have any sort of info on the company or someone there you can contact, do a chargeback. If you used a check card, inform your bank and have them cancel the card and send a new one, just in case.

Considering he ordered last night I think he's just wondering if it's a scam? Which in the past it hasn't been for people in this thread at least, even if the quality isn't 100% spot on.

I don't remember anyone having fraud issues at the least.

e: Oops I'm an idiot and just noticed he said the store vanished. Hmmm. Does the confirmation email have somewhere to contact and does that work? The main aliexpress site still seems to come up for me.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Blue Angels F-18s are literally falling apart though :ohdear:

• Locked thread