Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Colts:

Same Uniform forever.

Seriously the only changes are face mask colors, stripe size, blue darkness, and sock pattern. You can recognize every Colts team back for several decades with zero issue. Old Super Bowl Baltimore Colts footage makes their uniforms still look stupidly similar to what they are today, and that was back during single digit uniforms.

I'd secretly like a modern alternate uniform for kicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Those are terrible

I like the helmets just not the jerseys.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

The helmets are loving awful too

E: Misread, did you mean that you like the Colts' white helmets? That's defensible

I meant the Blue helmets. I'd prefer to keep the white ones though for all time. Move the horse shoe to the side of the helmet and the blue ones would look immediately better.

I'd like a modernization of the jersey though while keeping the helmet.

That being said the Colts jersey is iconic despite the history of the franchise having a dead span of almost 20 years inbetween Unitas and Manning with only a spark of Harbaugh to give us anything.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Black Lighter posted:

I don't think brown would go well with the blue, though:

Brown doesn't go well with anything.

Case and point: The Browns.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

BIGFOOT PEE BED posted:

It's case in point and that's one of three things you're wrong about in this post

Orange and brown is disgusting. :colbert:

But thank you for that correction

And because I was bored and wanted scientific evidence that me making that mistake doesn't make me dumb as gently caress:

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=3067

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

nerve posted:

The Browns have probably the best uniform in the league.

Fantastic.

Yes, it is so beautiful. When I think success with style I think bright orange and dog poo poo. :rolleyes:

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

nerve posted:

I love these, but I know a lot of people hate them :/

I like them because they're incredibly out there.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Retromancer posted:

Day 1: Disbands the NFL for promoting regional tribalism that leads to a more violent society.

Day 2: Riots in the streets, underground football begins.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

jordjevic posted:

Hey Nike, whatever you end up doing, don't go as extreme as this gem I found on GIS:

GOLD SOCKS :pwn:

What is that even based off of?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Holy poo poo I didn't even notice the 4 and 9 worked into the logo. That is the worst thing ever. Why would you put that many colors together in that array it is like modern art but ugly.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

How did they fit Indianapolis on a hat out of curiosity?

Also it's nice that the Colts have blue and white because those colors are far from ugly.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Cygni posted:

Seahawks jerseys are awesome, everyone else got extra blanded it seems.

Blah, Nike. I had hope someone, loving anyone, would take a flyer on something fun.

They weren't exactly able to be creative, they had to listen to whatever the owners wanted for their teams, and most wanted that "throwback" look since that's hip with the kids and old fans yadda yadda.

Seahawks jersey owns and if it weren't for the fact the Colts look has never changed, I'd love a Nike redesigned jersey for my team.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

Most NFL teams already looked pretty drat good and I'm glad they didn't mess with that. There are a few that look bad and probably will no matter what re-design they get (Broncos, Titans, Seahawks, maybe Jaguars).

The Broncos should just steal the Colts look with different colors, to confuse their opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Why would you combine a polo with a football jersey? Why?

I don't think the Steelers understand that throwbacks are supposed to look at least not like vomit or something my 2 year old cousin thought up while staring at bees.

Also Denver needs a new logo they literally have a history of ugly logos and uniforms. They have never had a good one and watching Peyton Manning wear an unattractive jersey ruins my immersion.

• Locked thread