Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams should go back to the old blue and yellow combination, gently caress gold.

As a Rams guy I'm okay with this. Nothing washes away the stench of a decade of mediocrity like going back to what you were wearing when you won the Superbowl.

RE: The 49er jerseys, I'm definitely glad the useless black accents are gone, but I LIKED the red facemask :colbert:

I kind of wish the Titans would go back to the Oiler color scheme. Preferably, the one in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7xksmk0ghc&feature=related More teams in the NFL need to use Light Blue as a primary color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

These, wear these.

Yeah, exactly. Just with white numbers and letters. Like the Packers.

(Yikes could you imagine if the Packers changed from Yellow to Gold)

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

I'm kind of torn on the old Seahawks getup - the Blue and Green are the exact same level of brightness and the silver doesn't really help. It has its problems (that insanely specific shade of blue) but the thing I like about the modern Seahawks uni is at least the blue and green contrast each other. Maybe if they went for something like this?

(Apathetic Seahawk cracks me up, seriously what is with that eyeball)

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Hey Nike, whatever you end up doing, don't go as extreme as this gem I found on GIS:

GOLD SOCKS :pwn:

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

SolidPolonium posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't even notice the 4 and 9 worked into the logo. That is the worst thing ever. Why would you put that many colors together in that array it is like modern art but ugly.

Hey, when I hear "Gold Prospectors in the mid-1800s", I definitely think of Checkered Shields. Who wouldn't?

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

So I was doing some noodling with Jaguars jerseys. All-black is dumb for a primary, so I compromised a little and put the white pants on there. Also even though I like turquoise, I got rid of it and just went with a straight green. As a result, the Jaguars are the new 90s Falcons.

...I'm not so sure.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Spotted the New Era NFL range on their website

I wouldn't rush to buy one if I was a Vikings fan :stare:

I hope this catches on and I can get a t-shirt with a picture of a jersey on it

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Peanut President posted:

gently caress you.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with black shirt, silver pants with red/white/black straight striping.

I agree with this whole-heartedly, as long as it also comes with the red helmet. That's the best part of their current throwbacks but they have those boring white pants.

Basically if they looked like this

I'd start liking the falcons

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Bengals jerseys own, Orange owns.

Also since panthers aren't "actually black" we should start enforcing strict real-animal-color policies

Dolphins, get those greys going

Lions fans, pounce on those limited-edition "honolulu beige" megatron jerseys

Bears, hope you don't mind people confusing you for the Browns

Texans, better be prepared for your soon-to-be-famous "Farmer's Tan Red"

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Hey Cardinals: Why did you ever get rid of the state flag of Arizona on your jerseys?
i liked that. I'm okay with teams having a logo on their jersey just as long as it's not the same logo that's on the helmet.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

I reverse-Cowboy my Cowboys

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Hey, zoom in on this pic. Is it just me or is there some tread pattern over the top of the helmet?

edit: whoops already been mentioned

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

GNU Order posted:

I bear my Bears
But just barely :haw:

I Lion my Lions
Now they can't get up :holy:

ZopfaMania fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 3, 2012

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

The new Seahawks jerseys are terrible
:goonsay: - 2002

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

I'd like if the Chargers either fully embraced Powder Blue or went back to the blue helmets. The white helmets on dark blue are just way too generic.

If only we could have them both without a horrible, horrible compromise.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Marshawn Lynch: Space Marine

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Nike would totally do three versions of that one if the Bengals were a college team. I would love to see an orange stripes on black variation.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

animeluva1 posted:

A slight derail. I know these are basketball shoes but Nike now has their Dunk shoes available in your favorite NFL team colors. You can customize them how you see fit.

For instance

man I wish i could drop 125 bucks on shoes right now, these are crazy handsome and i need some good workout shoes

:swoon:

fake edit: i would seriously consider some oldschool rams

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

SteelAngel2000 posted:

The Denver piss yellow/poo poo brown throwbacks are objectively the worst uniforms

At least they're only throwbacks. Wyoming has to wear those colors 100% of the time

:gonk:

ZopfaMania fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 18, 2012

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

CYBER SLIMER never gets old

It's funny that Cyber Slimer is no-go but I guess Slimer is?

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

BigTeaBag posted:

Univ. of Arizona will be wearing copper helmets as an alternate this year.

http://arizona.sbnation.com/arizona-wildcats/2012/5/23/3039982/arizona-wildcats-copper-helmet

Cool. Copper/bronze is an underused (under=never) in football, it would look sharp with Black or Dark Blue.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Toussaint Louverture posted:

My Uncle is a pretty successful freelance graphic designer. for example, he did the most recent Packaging for Iams, Eukanuba, and for ten or so years did pretty much all the packaging for Mattel. he thinks the Detroit Lions have the worst jersey in football. His reason is Lions aren't blue.

:what:

Do I have to bring up Texans "Farmer's Tan Red" again

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

guy making the terrible uniforms or whatever posted:

“We definitely don’t expect these to be loved by everybody,” said Lee Cohen, a Delray attorney and Delray Beach 21′s chairman. “That’s what they should do. Spark conversation. We want to bring these kids the attention they deserve. We want to draw attention and bring excitement to the program. We want to get people talking.”

God can we please put to death the terrible idea that any publicity is good publicity

"Look at these assholes and their terrible uniforms" is not "wow! look at these remarkable student athletes! golly I would've never known about them without their 'interesting' outfits."

ZopfaMania fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 15, 2012

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

e: wrong thread

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

On the matter of Fly Collars or whatever, (i think) the Texans are the only team with a different-colored fly collar that goes all the way around:

So I honestly wonder why they only had it for one team. Why do it the right way only once?

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yeah if you like those generic jerseys from TV commercials

If not for the NY on the chest the Giants jerseys would basically be City Name Sports Team

The away jerseys are okay though

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

quote:

Seriously, it doesn't bother you that more than half the league uses a blue tint for their home jersey?

More than Half? It's more like around a third, really. It really wouldn't be so big a deal if less teams wore the same shade of blue. The Chargers and Rams really need to go back to their old shades of blue sooner than later.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

I feel like the Dolphins logo will look really good on the helmets, especially in motion. I can't wait to see it in actuality

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

I've been against white on whites ever since Joe Montana played for the Chiefs. I can't really explain it and I can't find the best picture to illustrate things, but somehow those uniforms always brought out how tiny his legs were. It just looked really awkward somehow. You can kind of see it here I guess:

It's definitely not a good look for the Chiefs. I think it's a combination of their socks being mostly white and the prevalence of Yellow in the uniform. There's just not enough red anywhere in that getup, as a whole. I'm pretty sure even red-on-red would look better.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Pops Mgee posted:

Please god no. Every once in a while, I'll see someone wearing these weird jerseys and they just look terrible.

Eh, maybe if they had a Green Helmet and white pants, or green helmet with green pants or something. The straight yellow from head to toe thing would be too much, and as it is the Packers' look is too classic to really gently caress with any further than it already has been.

But yeah, yellow isn't so bad. The Problem is it's one yellow too many.

I do kind of wish I could see the Rams' Blue helmet-Yellow jersey-White pants look again someday.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

It's the offseason, so I'm going a bit nuts:

I'm working division by division, kind of trying to make things look as good as possible for intra-division play. Thoughts, NFC South fans? v:shobon:v

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

The only thing wrong with the Bengals helmet is literally everything else that isn't the Bengals helmet in the Bengals uniform.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

quote:

I'll give this a little while, but... Yikes. Yikes.

I hope Underarmour or whoever gets the NFL contract next have someone in the line of command that says "hey, uh... maybe not on this one."

edit to be positive: The Dolphins one is pretty good and The Vikings one is a huge, huge improvement.

ZopfaMania fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 24, 2013

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Hopefully, the Jag helmets will never see the field out of sheer negative reaction, like these old fan-favorite 49er helmets

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Daaaaamn, that's swanky.

Edit: Can the LA team just steal those? LA: Longshoremen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162620/article/jacksonville-jaguars-unveil-their-new-team-uniforms

They look slightly better in this video. Maybe they'll look OK in motion.

Huh. Richard Dawkins never struck me as an NFL guy.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

By the way here's Justin Blackmon posing, and, um, talking.

All I can think is Justin Blackmon: Space Marine.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

quote:

why hasn't anyone learned not to pair same-colored pants and socks together

why

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Schwack posted:

I dont mind the all whites, but every other combination is atrocious. The blue is too... pastel-ish? I hate them.

There's really just not enough orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

i was gonna ask if they've got an all-black alternate on the way but i guess i'd be better off asking what pope francis thinks about religion

• Locked thread