Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Good Will Punting posted:

According a "source", the Packers jerseys are "futuristic and fun". Basically, thank goodness I got one last season.

I'll cry. Unless this means there are lasers on our jerseys. That'd be cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Yeah, those New Era caps are bad except for the Raiders one. The Raiders have nothing but nice merchandise it seems like.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

shyguy posted:

I kinda like it.

Reebok made some pretty lame hats so I'm optimistic.

Yeah, Reebok was bad with hats nearly 100% of the time. The Draft hats were bound to be bad because New Era seems to take any opportunity they can to experiment(look up some of the god-awful baseball hats they've made over the years for proof), but the official sideline hats will most likely be really cool and hopefully they make a series of hats as nice as the recent Cooperstown baseball line of hats (http://www.lids.com/search/cooperstown/Brand_New-Era ;not the full line but some of it).

hats

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

ShimSham posted:

Wow, those New Era hats are horrid.

One of my friends is a huge baseball nut and will ask strangers if they're a fan of the team whose hat they are wearing or if they're just wearing it to match their outfit. (where I live, the huge majority of dudes are wearing them to match the rest of their clothes)

He once asked someone, "Why do you have to do that to baseball? Why not football or something else?"

The guy answered, "Well if New Era eva' made football hats I'd have some of 'dem too."

And now they have. :qq:

Yeah, the majority of people who wear New Era hats wear them for fashion reasons. That's probably true for hats in general. Your friend probably shouldn't look down on people for violating the sanctity of baseball.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Some of my hats have the sticker on, some don't. I'm really not sure how the whole leave the sticker on thing started but some people swear by that poo poo.

I also know a dude that leaves tags on his hats if they have them, but lol that's way too much.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

There's a joke hat that is all 59/50 stickers. The whole hat is completely covered with them except there is a hole through the brim where the sticker would normally be.

edit with a link: http://www.doobybrain.com/2008/07/29/counterfeit-new-era-sticker-hat/

hahaha, this rules.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

MissileWaster posted:

Back in middle school the big thing was kids leaving the tags on their shirts and pants. That was 8 or 9 years ago and I still don't know what the gently caress :psyduck:

Yeah, it will always look really dumb to me. Then again, some people feel the same way about a hat with a flat brim so to each his own I guess.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Either that or Koreans REALLLLY like the Oakland Athletics.

I couldn't help walking up to a guy in Seoul though and asking if he really was a Reds fan. I don't get homesick often...

Now I'm picturing some dude walking around the country that gets all the Super Bowl loser merchandise and yelling at them for changing their team every year.

schweens fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 12, 2012

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

smuggler posted:

That's an exceptionally large hat size. Do you have dreads or something?

He's actually his avatar in real life.

And 9.5 is amazing to me because my friends tell me my head's big and I wear a 7.5

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

The last time I wore a hat someone told me I looked like the fat dude from fall out boy. Despite this I will probably buy and wear an Eagles New Era if it isn't complete poo poo.

So far we've seen the Panthers new logo and I've read people speeculating about the Seahawks getting one too, is it just these two franchises being redesigned or is there more? The Bills should definitely fix their logo after fixing their jerseys.

Well, interestingly enough every team's draft hat is available for viewing except for the Panthers and Seahawks. Perhaps new logos are the reason why. Clicking on their names get a silhouette with "cap image coming soon" over top. The Cowboys are also mysteriously not on the list at all.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

No jersey news, but this is the style for the NFL Training Collection. Out in May for you curved brim wearers.

It's a hat

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Green Bay's new uniforms are now the old Rainbow Astros uniforms.

I wouldn't complain at all.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I want San Diego to wear these

The left one is almost the Titans uniform.

And someone should make a Packers or Steelers uniform that looks like the Falcons uniform just to freak people out.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

The Bengals are in my top 3 for jerseys with the Bills and Raiders. I don't get the hate for the Bengals at all. Maybe I'm just a sucker for tiger stripes.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

SKEET SKEET posted:

Is it just me or does anyone else not get the whole "don't gently caress with the jersey designs" thing? Nike makes some awesome college jerseys by playing around with the existing colors and designs and I would love to see them do the same to the pro teams.

I dunno, maybe I just like new flashy things I guess and don't understand the connection to what the players wear.

I'd rather most teams stay the same, but I would love to get some alternates for a game or two for every team. I have no problem watching the Packers wear an Oregon Ducks style jersey for one game a year.

Also, Nike should just make brand new jerseys for the Jags and Falcons.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

EmbryoSteve posted:

I don't understand the mono-color pants matching jersey hate. Seattle's home uniforms own.

Yep. One of the best home uniforms in sports. Really, almost all of the current uniforms are pretty good.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

I need to find the strength not to buy a bunch of Packers shirts for 30 bucks a piece.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Nilbop posted:

Just remind yourself it's a terrible deal and a huge waste of your money for a sweatshirt you knucklehead!

Once again, the talking rear end of Sonic the Hedgehog steers me in the right direction.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Captain Geech posted:

KEEP POUNDING

hahahaha, that's the best.

I like the new Seahawks jerseys, but can't help but feel like they could have done better. I hope they still kick out some sweet alternates for the Packers.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Ehud posted:

I told my wife (who doesn't care about football) about the potential logo change on Gmail chat and she said why bother changing it if we're still going to suck

:smith:

I disagree. Everyone knows that the Rays became a good baseball team by changing their name and look. It surely had nothing to do with building a good young team.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Steelers new throwback via Steelers twitter:

schweens fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 17, 2012

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

And here I thought it couldn't get worse than those awful Packers throwbacks

Yeah, those are gross and all, but Packers throwbacks own.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

The more I think about it, the more I want those Steeler's throwbacks to be the mandatory uniform for every team.

Green and Yellow stripes :circlefap:

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

If I had to guess the Steelers will wear those throwbacks against the Redskins in October. The Redskins are having their 80th anniversary too, right?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

I really like those uniforms, and yeah, the Packers needed to get those helmets yesterday.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

I saw a Samkon Gado jersey in a store last year for like 10 bucks and wish I would have bought it.

I'm also holding out for a Najeh Davenport jersey

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Yeah, New Era hats are goofy with sizing. I have I think 6 hats, all size 7&1/2, and 2 of them are too big unless I grow my hair out. I'd advise against buying them online

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

japtor posted:

They do custom hats but I didn't check to see if they do monster head sizes, they're MLB only...and $60 I think. And no returns barring manufacturing defects. Checked out whether Mitchell and Ness or some of the others make larger sizes?

I found a hat I wanted last night but now I'm paranoid about capsizing cap sizing.

I'd suggest you go to the Lids or Hatworld at the local mall. They should carry whatever hat you're looking for, and at the least you should be able to figure out what size you wear. The only hat I've ever ordered online fit perfectly.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

lmao a high school is actually going to wear these

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/10/26/nba-owners-back-off-from-their-uniform-advertsing-plan/

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

These hats have stripes that mimic the jerseys and they are cool as hell.

Dope

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Toussaint Louverture posted:

The Seahawks jerseys have officially grown on me.

They are among the nicest in the NFL I'd say. Way better than the awful jerseys they wore before.

Yes, I know the lime greens were awesome

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Febreeze posted:

A lot of the warmer weather teams use the Whites as home jerseys, and again wear them on away trips. It always depends who the home team is.

Although Jacksonville switched to Black home jerseys. That seems dumb.

Eh, their blues don't look nice anyway so maybe if they wear black and incorporate some Jaguar print the way the Bengals have they could at least have a decent unique jersey. Really, there are only a few teams that need uniform upgrades and the Vikings and Jags were two of them

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Still not sure how I feel about the logo but it looks fine here. That Broncos hat is nice though

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

Also gently caress SNAPBACK HATS, and gently caress the Young Money hip-hop artists that made that a relevant style again. That poo poo should have been left far, far back in the 90's. It looks stupid as gently caress, and it's not even ironically cool. Give me a velco backing or a fitted/one size hat over that stupid piece of poo poo plastic in the back.

lmaoooo

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Febreeze posted:

That jersey owns :colbert:. Although it would probably look bad with whatever color pants they try.

Since this is basically the teamwear thread I want to share this. I found the worst hat. Try to find a worse hat.

You already won.

I was in a footlocker last week and every Browns hat was 50% off. So I guess only a Browns hat could top that garbage Giants hat

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

A good hat

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Here, have some fan ideas for the new Vikings uniforms collected by Uni Watch:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/21015/uni-watch-readers-vikings-contest-results

I kinda like these ideas except for the horizontal stripe across the middle idea someone made

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Can't wait to see that Jags jersey. It's either going to be just kinda cool or hilariously awful looking. Lets go

edit: vvvvvv Those look like a modernized version of these awesome throwbacks.

I like it. Not as good as the throwback, but really, few jerseys are.

schweens fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 19, 2013

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

BlindSite posted:

That is going to look ridiculous with the teal.

If the Teal is an alternate jersey they may be allowed alternate helmets.

If not, it's going to make eyes bleed around the world

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

I love all the new jerseys except for the Jags helmet.

It's going to look so stupid on tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

The all whites are so much better than the white jersey/blue pants combo. I like the jerseys overall. The new logo kinda rules

I'm not feeling the stripe on the helmet the more I look at it. It's too thick or something

schweens fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 29, 2013

• Locked thread