Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Paramour posted:

Maybe I'm just tacky as hell, but if they did something radical like this:

I don't think I'd mind. I know a lot of the other mockups were far worse. (Also, bring back the Kelly Green, thanks.)

The Philadelphia Ducks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

CubanMissile posted:

I curve my bill, probably just because I'm 31 years old and not doing so would make me feel like douchebag.

I'm 24 and i've never met someone who wears flat brim caps and isn't a tool. It's just a weird fashion statement, half the time people wear them off to one side so it doesn't even protect from the sun. I don't see the point of wearing a hat that doesn't serve hat purposes, but I've never been into fashion anyway.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I'm sure it was posted in the thread somewhere but I missed it: When do we get a look at the new uniforms Nike is working on?

VVV Thanks

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 12, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Spotted the New Era NFL range on their website

I wouldn't rush to buy one if I was a Vikings fan :stare:

oof, they have one like that for every team. Is that really the best they could come up with?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I don't get it, what's so bad about the hat?

It's really lazy. They didn't even try for a design, just slapped the two colors on it and threw the helmet patch on the front. Probably took someone 5 minutes to figure it out.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I want San Diego to wear these

I whole heartily agree with you. That owns.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Remember when we first found out Nike was getting the uniform contract, and some really bad fake mock-ups came out? I found them. Some highlights:

The Dolphin uniform is sooooooo bad. Some are actually pretty good. Browns are largely unchanged and awesome.
http://jockpost.com/nfl-nike-uniforms-2012-real-fake/comment-page-3/

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I actually quite like the Bengals unis and don't really get the criticism. Uniforms are not fashion, they're icons. The Bengals branding is iconic, anyone from a die hard fan to someone completely ignorant of football would know that they're the Bengals. Compare that to, say, the Giants. Does the Uniform look nice? Yeah. Is someone who's not intimately familiar with football going to be able to tell them apart from the Pats, Texans, or Bills? Uhhh.... Maybe?

Hell, sometimes I have a hard time telling which blue uniform it is when they're on the receiving end of a highlight reel. 14 of the 32 teams wear a jersey with some shade of blue as the dominant color. Bills, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Pats, Chargers, Titans, Panthers, Bears, Cowboys, Lions, Giants, Seahawks, Rams. We get it. You guys like blue.

The prevalence of blue is really noticeable in jerseys. I agree I wish jerseys had a little more definition in scheme. I don't like the white away Giants jerseys either, they have no blue in them. Why does big blue have no blue, even on away jerseys?

Also the Bears blue is dark enough that it shouldn't be on that list. The Bears have good jerseys. I hate the Dark blue Cowboy ones. Cowboys should always be white or grey. A few others have good other colors to make the team noticeable, like the Broncos orange stripe. But I feel like I constantly confuse the Chargers for another team unless they wear the Powder Blues.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I hope Nike goes crazy and changes everything because it's Just A Jersey.

I think the Broncos changed their default home jerseys to Orange instead of Blue this year so there's that eyesore.

Orange is the worst

Why do so many people hate Orange? Orange is awesome. Goes well with blue, color harmony. ya'll have no sense of color harmony.

vvvv Thank you, a sane person

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 30, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

BIGFOOT PEE BED posted:

Matching white is A-ok. Matching dark makes you look like a fat man in a leotard

Depends on the color. I don't mind Seattle's version. The Seattle color is subdued, not bright. Cardinals all red is so bright it hurts. I hate it. But Seattle also isn't too dark, like the all Black Ravens. When the Ravens wear all black they look like they have leotards or yoga pants on. That uniform needs a purple stripe so badly.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

japtor posted:

State flag uniforms you say?

I think I just threw up.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

I want new Dolphins uniforms with blood and fins and spikes.

Already done

Oh you meant as part of the uniform.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

davecrazy posted:

The Giants haven't had an alternate or throwback since they re-retired the red tops after '07. I think it has something to do with that.

I saw a picture of a red alternate at the beginning of that video. Those red tops better stay retired because I hated those red alternates. Also the new Seahawks jerseys own, you all just hate change. Outside that, there was no change, and that was completely expected, Nike's not going to gently caress with the established forms too much yet. They will probably subtly change it when we aren't looking. That said, I love the new "team shoes" for everyone.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Nibbler posted:

New Seahawks uniforms are sick. This video helps:

http://www.seahawks.com/ms/uniforms/uniforms.html

You can see Kam move around in it a bit more and get the combo with the helmet. The helmet looks way better with the darker blue and really makes the new logo pop.

Actually, with motion, I like the new uniform a lot less.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

squarerandom posted:

White helmets are the best. Eagles throwbacks, cowboys and chargers white helmets are boss. You're crazy man. CRAZY.

All helmets should have color on them. Chargers blue helmets were awesome, SA2K is right.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Man, I really liked the new Seahawks jerseys the first time I saw it. But every single time I see it again I like it less and less. It looks horrible. Just make neon green the primary color and revel in it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Schwack posted:

I like it, and I would also like this.

Shower me in neon green, Nike.

I actually really liked the bright green jerseys too. They had so much more identity then the standard blue ones did. You'd always know what team was playing with the Neon greens.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

http://www.theonion.com/articles/study-dolphins-not-so-intelligent-on-land,1896/

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

This is part of something I was working on, but really, this is literally what I wanted the Seahawks uniforms to look like:

That would be the best uniform, I don't care what anyone says. (And yes, those are skittles on the belt)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Reminds me of a Ninja Turtle. What does it look like with a bandana around the helmet?

An Alien.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I was thinking about doing every team (again). God help me.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 4, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

It's okay because during football season I have like 8 hours a weekend of me time :unsmith:

Are you that stereotypical commercial couple that fights over game day useage of the living room?

"But the guys are coming over! We ordered wings and pizza!"
"Well my shows are on, and it's book club time"
"BUT ITS FOOTBALL"
"I don't understand why you like that sport so much, it's just a bunch of guys running into each other. Last time your friends were here they stained the rug"
"I SAID FRANK WAS SORRY"

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Your wife is actually a Patriots fan and has been trolling you for years

Does she yell out Tom Brady in the bedroom?
I yell out Tom Brady in the bedroom.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Bad things only happen to San Diego

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I was expecting you to pull out Norv, Arnold happened to all of California.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Capture of New Orleans in 1862

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SteelAngel2000 posted:

San Diego Comic Con

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Jelq Swagger posted:

Steelers new throwback via Steelers twitter:

You know that feeling you get several minutes after being blasted in the balls, when this uncomfortable lump kinda settles in your lower abdomen and hangs out for a few hours? Yeah.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

"I hold onto the Pollen too long!"

Edit: Fixed spelling

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 18, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

GD_American posted:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

I want a team to go the complete opposite. Instead of anything fancy at all, I want to see an NFL team go as generic as possible. Just a white jersey with TEAMNAME/NUMBER on front.

Something like this, only in uniform style.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

Look I am a graphic design person with a special interest in sports logos and uniforms and I have hella opinions on all uniforms so listen to me well when I say this: Those Steelers Uniforms loving Own

I graduated with an art degree, remade all the NFL logos to have Manning's face, re-colored all the goddamn uniforms, do logos for companies as freelance side projects, and guess what: Those Steeler Uniforms loving Suck.

There's being different, and being absurd. This design would work if the rest of the NFL had designs similar to this, but for right now it's waaaaaaaay too out of place and looks like a bumblebee. It's an eyesore of a design, the stripes clash with the vertical nature of the numbers. The pants color is out of place, a weird gross yellow/pale that doesn't match anything else on the uniform (Might be better straight white to match the under numbers white).

I love the socks however, it works on the socks.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 18, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

yeah but on the other hand it owns a lot

Well I guess art is subjective.

I won't be able to watch that game without making buzzing noises.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

There's tiers to how uniforms work here, I think: There's the sometimes boring but traditional and typically well-designed uniforms like the Packers etc, there's the "modern" uniforms that can be hit or miss but usually miss like the Cardinals, Vikings, and Falcons, we're going to start seeing, I assume, more weird Nike poo poo like the Seahawks have in coming seasons so the jury is out there, and we have the goofy throwback uniforms that usually are kind of boring (Jets, Packers).

These Steelers uniforms are so completely goddamn ridiculous that they transcend the ugly tier and loop right back around to amazing.

I think that's the problem. They are "amazing", but for the wrong reasons. Just because it's so different doesn't mean it works. They abandoned the design in the first place for a reason, we just never got to see it in action so it's "new and exciting" for some people.

The Steelers have a classic uniform, and I think might be the only team in the NFL with Yellow as a secondary/Primary color, which makes them pretty unique. They found a good color plate and have stuck with it, like the Browns, or Packers, or any team with a classic look. This is interesting, but doesn't fit the Steelers at all nor does it fit the NFL, which is why most of us hate it. Now if this was a soccer jersey? Or a Rugby jersey? It would work a lot better.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

WTC

:wtc: describes it perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

• Locked thread