Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Looking at the pictures even the $100 jerseys don't look that bad. They look way better than the ones Reebok sold at the lower price point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Paul Coffey posted:

I saw in a picture that Nike was going to make those high-school looking jackets for different NFL teams - with the wool body and leather arms and logo on the chest - I need to figure out which teams version is nicest because my dad wants a coat like that but doesn't even watch football - he wants the Rangers one from the last winter Hockey Classic but they're like $700 and he doesn't even like the Rangers he just likes the coat! I hope I can get one in time for fathers day!

The Destroyer jackets are expensive as hell, usually between 400-700. They'll usually do one that's a slightly lower tier with all wool or one with nylon that will sell for about 1/3 the price of the expensive one. They also limit what shops get the high end jacket. If he wants something in that vein, get one of the nonbranded ones they do (they're still pricey at 380 for the wool/leather, but it'll save you a bit of money)

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

MissileWaster posted:

I wonder if they're going to release something similar to these NFL jerseys for college teams? It would pretty much give them a right to print money at that point.

I mean, poo poo, I'd wear an Elite Sooners jersey.

The teams that get the pro-combat treatment each year usually have a limited version of the jersey release. I picked up the LSU one last year and it lacked the flywire collar and the numbers were simulated tackle twill partially stitched on with paint for the tiger stripes. Of course it was $75 compared to the 150 Nike was charging for an authentic regular game jersey.

I'm interested in seeing what they offer for preorder on Sunday, I'd like to get an elite Saints jersey as soon as possible, but no way am I buying a Brees jersey, I'm superstitious and wearing the QB to me is like asking for a trade or injury to happen.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I almost wish I was a fan of other teams, the Dolphins colors look great on sneakers.

These are definitely better than the fan shoe Reebok offered.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

wandler20 posted:

whatjersey.com is already selling Nike knock-offs. I saw a Peyton Manning one there.

I'd stay away from the knock-offs this year, the real ones are being put together in Central America so I've got a feeling they're just going to take the leftover Reebok jersey materials and slap a swoosh on them.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Chimeric posted:

I dunno, I've been eyeing this Angerer jersey on https://www.christmas-jersey.com for a while and the new Nike version looks convincingly different. Granted, the photo for the old version looks like crap. Anyone with a sharper eye want to weigh in?

They're using the stock images Nike put up, and not even the ones of the Elite Jersey since that one is tagged as a Medium.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
The real throwbacks are always done by Mitchell and Ness, they've had the rights since the late90s early 2000s. They make the jerseys as authentic to the period as possible, and you end up spending a ton of money on it. I know Reebok had some throwback jerseys in the Premiere Tier which featured older players, but got a few of the details wrong and slapped a reebok logo on it, but I haven't seen any indication that Nike has those rights this year, nor any that they don't.

My guess is we'll find out in the middle of summer.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

shyguy posted:

M&N ran a sale last holiday season where most jerseys were only $100. I hope they do that again this year.

Indeed, I got my Rickey Jackson jersey during that sale. I've managed to pick up a few more that I wanted on ebay from legitimate sellers. I'm also looking forward to their popup shop in New Orleans when they set everything up for the superbowl. I'm 99% sure the Saints won't be anywhere NEAR the superbowl, but from their twitter pictures it looks like they still bring gear for the host city.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
if it weren't so expensive I want a Saints jersey with Ridiculous/3 on the back, since it's Bobby Hebert's old number and a word he seems to LOVE to say on the radio.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

TG-Chrono posted:

So I ordered my first American Football jersey after Mario Williams' number was announced. :dance:
Thing was, the Bills only had the Game Jerseys available. Is there some kind of lag on the Elites being released? Is the quality of the Game Jerseys really that average?

I'm used to paying about $120 for replica Australian football Guersneys and $100 seemed pretty cheap to me. (The $40 postage certainly was not though :()

Some players won't have Elite jerseys available through general release, most teams have at most 5 guys that will be recognizable enough to warrant making the jerseys for sale to the public. The rest are available, but only when you get a customized jersey for $50 more. It really sucks when a player that may have not had a great year the season before gets really hot since the ramp up in production of their jersey usually takes a good 5-8 weeks before shops start getting the jerseys in.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I'd even wear a 1991 NFC WEST Champs shirt under my jersey, but I've gotten WAY too fat for the one I had back then (and about 8 inches taller).

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Mitchell and Ness is having a sale for Father's Day today through the 16th, 30% off everything but hats. They haven't put up this years crop of Jerseys though so depending on who you root for it could be slim pickings.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Pops Mgee posted:

Not technically jersey related but I ordered a pair of those Nike shoes that were linked earlier in the thread and they're pretty rad.

quick question, do these have a Zoom Air insole? you'd be able to tell by checking to see if the heel of the insole has a clear plastic bit with foam in the middle glued to it.

it'd look like the attached image

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
my name isn't steve, I just found an image of the zoom air insole that's used in some Dunks to post it with the question.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I don't think anyone's going to have an even remotely accurate one this year, seeing as the real deals are being made in Central America. It's going to take the shops buying a few of their own and figuring out how to make it on their own.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
That vendor is probably selling fakes, and if you get a group of people together to order 10 or more you can get the same thing they're selling for 20-28 a jersey.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
99% sure he's selling fakes. Even at a deep discount authentics still cost more than $60, he's got a ton of different teams and going from the ones I've seen for real in person, he's selling fake Saints gear since they never sold the Brees jersey with the Captain patch to the public. Also he's using stock pictures and asking for a 10 day turnaround on getting the jersey shipped out.

Not that there's anything wrong with getting the fakes, but like I said you can cut out the middle man if you get a group of friends together and go in on it, and if you look around you can find the real thing from Reebok for not much more than what he's charging.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

JosephStalinVEVO posted:

Is there any place to get official Raiders Zubaz pants still?

Is Nike making those?

https://www.zubaz.com

Not sure if you're serious, but I am, I totally want to show up at my friend's weekly gathering at least once wearing black and gold zubaz.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
The swoosh looks reversed so it will show up facing the correct way when they're showing a replay of the guy running.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I don't know if I'd buy a current kicker's jersey, too often I've found myself screaming at the tv asking how a kicker could manage to gently caress up the extra point, but I'd totally wear a Morten Andersen Saints jersey.

I've ordered 2 fakes over the years and they've both come out terribly. If I can I may get a real thing this year if there's a sale at any point during the season.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

D C posted:

Are the new Steelers throwbacks so bad that not even the knockoff sites are selling them yet?

I want one :smith:

http://eajerseys.com/2012-NIKE-NFL-Jerseys-c20/

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Nike finally has the limited jerseys up in the second color, may have to get a white Saints jersey since all of my old jerseys are black ones.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Got tired of waiting for the Elite jerseys to have a custom option so I picked up a Limited Jimmy Graham jersey today. Not that bad, and it should hold me over until I can create one for a lesser known player.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Found someone on ebay selling this, got them to accept my offer, so now I'll have 3 of the 4 members of the Dome Patrol. I wasn't searching too hard for these, but now that I have most of them, I'm going to be on a nonstop hunt to find a Vaughn Johnson jersey. Maybe I'll luck out and find one soon.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
it's pictures of what they have, but I'd be weary, you can tell from the shot on the right that the swoosh is going the same way on both sides where it's not on the real deal.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
whoops, I was mistaken, for some reason I thought the swoosh was incorrect on them, but I took a look at real jerseys and realized I was wrong, as other people have pointed out already.

Good luck with your jersey, I hope it comes out good.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

MissileWaster posted:

I wouldn't recommend it. The Reebok outlets I've seen in the DFW area don't have any Cowboys gear, so I'd say don't risk having to drive 4 hours to not find what you're looking for.

The store I looked at did have Adrian Peterson jerseys, though. I can't remember if they had my size, I need to check it out again.

Also, the NFL website shop finally has Seahawks jerseys available to be customized in all sizes. Next paycheck, I will finally be finishing off the TO jersey collection :allears:

Keep checking it, I've been meaning to get a custom Saints Elite, but they keep only showing up for a day or so before disappearing from the site.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
http://www.proleagueauthentics.com/pages/nfl-nike-elite-authentics-available-in-store

Not that great a selection and you actually have to phone in the order, BUT if your guy is available this is the best price you're going to get on an Elite jersey this year most likely.

I was half thinking of getting one and exchanging it at my Nike store for a Drew Brees, but that'd be pretty much fraud.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Went ahead and ordered a real Nike Elite from the nflshop today with their Cyber Monday sale. I haven't been happy with how any of the places that do fakes have made the Saints jerseys look.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

C. Everett Koop posted:

worst fuckin thing ive seen all goddamn week

That's a fake right?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I ordered a custom Elite on Cyber Monday from the nflshop. Just came in this afternoon

I'm pretty happy with it. Too bad I'll only have 4 games to wear it for before they go away for the off-season. Here's to NEXT year.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Since I'm also an LSU fan I felt that I had to get his jersey. Local guy done well.

edit: I'll probably get another jersey next year anyway, Hopefully the customs will be available year round next year so I can decide early on who's name I want on my back and get it in time for September.

mints fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 7, 2012

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
it's the camera angle, the jersey was about 5 feet away from me.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Stopped by the Nike Outlet in my town and they had all the NFL gear at 30% off, including jerseys. Had to snag this since the price dropped to the ok to pick up without weighing the costs level.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Is that from a local shop? I know my local sneaker store has had some deal where they're getting 2 different styles of bespoke bill caps every month this spring. Nothing has wow'd me yet, but that's pretty cool looking.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I like the Saints uniforms but I don't see them ditching the fleur de lis patch for it on a shield. If anything they'd switch back to the State of Louisiana outline or keep it the same.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I couldn't find a memorabilia thread, but if I wanted a signed RG3 jersey what's the best way to get one beyond buying my own and having him sign it in person?

Right now getting it signed in person is your best bet, the ones I'm seeing out there on sites are authenticated by JSA, which if you do a search on them you'll find that in the past they've authenticated autographs of players that died before the card even came out, and $500 is a lot to waste on what could end up being a non-authentic item.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

davecrazy posted:

The Nike store has $15 Tebow elite jets jerseys. I'm so tempted.

Is that at the local stores only? The website is still showing it at 250. I'm not a jets fan or a fan of tebow but that's a fantastic price

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

davecrazy posted:

The Nike Outlet down the Jersey shore. They also have about two racks worth of Tebow/jets themed tshirts.

for 15 I'd pick one up, especially if I had a Favre jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

MissileWaster posted:

Holy gently caress I wish I had an extra 150 bucks.

Just hold off until the season ends, the cool thing about buying retro jackets is that they're already old styles so it won't matter if you wait to get it on sale after the season is done.

• Locked thread