Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Vaya con Dios!!! posted:

the 49ers have literally the best uniform in the NFL (I'm a homer but whatever) and they'd better not gently caress with it like they did in the 90s
I really hope they keep the Red/White (gold pants) jerseys that they've been using the last few years. The '96-'08 red facemasks and the black accent on helemt stripe were just so 'bleh'. Get that black our of here, outside of the current logo accent, at least.

Red, white, gold. Done.

Bringing back this guy is acceptable as well:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Heaf posted:

Nike released some cleat designs around the Pro Bowl, if that's what you're talking about.
I really hope they become available to the public at some point. I would love a pair of Nike 49ers Vapor cleats. I don't care about the gloves, but c'mon Nike, give us the cleats!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Grozz Nuy posted:

Niners have the gold pants with red and white stripe, which is all I really cared about. It looks like the only change to their design outside of the stuff every uniform got is the horizontal white stripe on the sleeve, which I like. Not crazy about the Nike collars though, they seem a little... too exaggerated? Hopefully they're at least functional.
I'm glad they pretty much left gold/black off the jersey. I want a pair of those cleats though, man those look slick.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Friend of mine got his Elite RG3 jersey on Friday...and good lord don't buy one unless you plan on wearing shoulder pads with it. For size reference, I would get medium Reebok and they would run slightly big on me. He got a large Elite, and the waist seemed to run a bit slim, so that part fit decently on me. But those shoulder, ugh. One of my flag football jerseys has the same cut, and the whole thing sags on your body because the shoulders are meant to sit up near your cheek. You can't comfortably raise your arms up, because the sleeves are cut at a much more vertical angle than a regular shirt. The quality beyond that was pretty solid. The collar is nice and the letters/number did not feel cheap at all.

I guess if you're going for authentic, it's very authentic - just not very comfortable to casually wear.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
sba which site did you order your jersey from?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Comfortador posted:

I placed an order with YukiJersey, but it never even told me shipping prices. Just sent me an email with a link for payment.

I've never bought anything online that did it like that. Is this common?
I believe that's one of the sites that incorporates shipping into the price of each single jersey. As opposed to other sites that will have cheaper jerseys, but then add in $20 for shipping an order. So you should be fine.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Good to know if you drop 10 grand with them, they hook you up with 120 bucks of free stuff.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Ehud posted:

I don't want a jersey but I want this :coal: t shirt

This shirt needs more Dolphins logos.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
That whole "haha 88 isn't Irvin's jersey" gag must have been goddamn hilarious to whichever executive it was pitched to. That is a mind-boggling lack of insight right there.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Christ those jerseys are super boring.

This was in the email they sent out:

quote:

The San Francisco 49ers introduced a new look to their team uniforms, an alternate version that brings the team’s traditional accent color of black to the forefront as the primary color of the team’s jerseys and pants.
I'm guess a single black line outlining the 49ers logo counts as an "accent color" because they 49ers haven't had black on their jerseys since 2008. Hardly what I'd call "traditional".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Some guy on the 49ers subreddit made some small changes:

Not amazing, but certainly better than plain old red-on-black.

• Locked thread