Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

shyguy posted:

Jersey and pant colors of the same primary color (not counting white :hitler:) need to be banished forever. I'm looking at you, New Orleans.

Black uniform, black pants, white socks. Michael Jackson wants his wardrobe back.

The black jersey with the gold pants is about 8 billion times better than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

der juicen posted:

I love football. I love my Panthers over my hometown Titans. I love the new logo. That being said, the Nashville Predators do big bad cats so much better.

They radically changed their colors after 10 or so years. So, Titans, do you hear that? loving change your stupid flaming T, and your lovely colors.

Their early uniforms reminded me of the unpleasantness of opening a diaper. Thank God they changed it.

Also, I used to hate the red/black Falcons uniforms, but I guess years of the boring black/black stuff made me appreciate it. They look really sharp now.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I wish the Ravens would wear throwbacks when they play Cleveland

That year was so filled with delicious football hatred. Anyone not around both football and the internet at the time missed a golden era of fan psychosis.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I wish the Saints throwbacks were something other than uglier versions of our current uniforms. I didn't like the gold jersies, so I wish they'd try a new look for an alternate uniform.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Considering how successfully sports channels natural tribalism into safer arenas, I'm ok with a certain amount of warlike lingo. It does get ridiculous from time to time

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Remember when we first found out Nike was getting the uniform contract, and some really bad fake mock-ups came out? I found them. Some highlights:

The Dolphin uniform is sooooooo bad. Some are actually pretty good. Browns are largely unchanged and awesome.
http://jockpost.com/nfl-nike-uniforms-2012-real-fake/comment-page-3/

I look at these and all I can think is that when I watch games with these I will yell GO AWAY I'M 'BATIN

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Black Lighter posted:

Change the logo back too:

So much better than the generic 90's angry bird.

That's common enough in sports, and it's sad.

This awesome logo:

became this angry bird:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

SteelAngel2000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIFLNWZBfA

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

SteelAngel2000 posted:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Yinzer posted:

What chain stores are going to carry the Elite Jerseys? I want to see how it looks first before I blow 250.

Probably most of the mall-oriented stores (Champs and others)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm sorry but I'm dying laughing because I always wondered "how long until Nike is Nike" and they couldn't even make it to the end of the loving month

:cawg:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

nerve posted:

Lookin' good!

hahaha I just noticed the bathroom tile is in team colors too :laugh:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I always thought New York was Metropolis

Denny O'Neill had a great quote about that.

quote:

“Gotham is Manhattan below Fourteenth Street at 3 a.m., November 28 in a cold year. Metropolis is Manhattan between Fourteenth and One Hundred and Tenth Streets on the brightest, sunniest July day of the year.”

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Good barbecue rises in the most depressed, backwards parts of the country so Metropolis barbecue must taste like a wal-mart chicken wing slathered in Kraft BBQ sauce which was undercooked in the oven and left to sit in its own grease.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

BRB MAKIN BACON posted:

Yo Schwack. Even though I picked up 2 old ones last year, I obviously need to get one of them new Seahawks jersey. I'm ~5'10.5, ~170 slim runner physique. What size of the new Seahawks jersey do you think I should pick up? Youth? Men's?

nedit: FUUUUUCK AUTOGRAPHED WALTER JONES GAME DAY JERSEY TWO HUNDRED BONES FUUUUUCK There's no way that's an actual autograph is it?

uh yeah that's actually a great deal for a Hawks fan

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Bjay9 posted:

Fans of teams who don't have a Superbowl...

:smith:

why bother cheering for a team that doesn't? :haw:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Chichevache posted:

Why not cheer for a team with more?

why be ostentatious? one is just about right. Worth being proud of but not so many you let it get to your head or anything

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

mints posted:

I'd even wear a 1991 NFC WEST Champs shirt under my jersey, but I've gotten WAY too fat for the one I had back then (and about 8 inches taller).

I'm like the champion of minor title t-shirts. I bought an NFC West champs shirt their Super Bowl year and wear it way more than the one with Super Bowl champs on it :)

Plus I've got a 1997 Eastern Conference Capitals t-shirt and a couple of assorted USM bowl victory t-shirts (my favorite being the 1997 Liberty Bowl champs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I don't buy New Orleans Bowl t-shirts.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

• Locked thread