Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

haccess posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Dave Zirin owns and you should read his books, but if you want like an introduction to militarism and patriotism in modern sports this is a pretty good place to start http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=151

you can watch a low-res preview of the entire thing which is fine because you really only need the sound

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Anals of History posted:

Looks like they're real. Also, the two teams wearing them are a collective 2-8 this season.

still a better record than our armed forces

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

SteelAngel2000 posted:

100 dollars for gloves :stare:

$10 for a 12oz Busch Light.

gently caress you NFL pricing

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

TheModernAmerican posted:

I said earlier in the thread my size is a 9 or a 9.5 so even knit hats don't fit me. :smith:

whats it like playing life in DK mode

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

I'm down for one or two, if they can do a custom seahawks Sherman jersey because no official ones exist.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Name: wheez the roux

Jersey 1 - Russell Wilson Navy Nike Game
SIZE: MEDIUM

Jersey 2 - Richard Sherman Grey Nike Elite
SIZE: SMALL

sending you $66

e: i'm only saving $9 through the group by it seems, and I'll be leaving my mailing address after June 1 -- how quick will the reshipments be, because if it's more than a few days I should really just get these myself

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 13, 2013

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Sounds good to me. PayPal sent!

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

use your credit card, pussy :colbert: fraud protection exists for a reason

i buy from shady sites and have never had a problem, obviously ymmv

alternatively western union is pretty easy though i forget how steep the fee scale is (i know it's ~$12 for most reasonable amounts)

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

89 posted:

Jersey bulk update, but it's not a good one. There's a couple of jerseys not in stock and they are wondering if we'd like to replace them.

- NEW NFL Seattle Seahawks 24 Richard Sherman New Grey Colors Jerseys (Elite) S(40)

- Tampa Bay Buccanee 55 brooks red Jerseys

And then my drat Dawkins jersey (I wanted it in black :(). Anyways, Sherman & Brooks guys, any idea on what other jersey you might like? With the Sherman, maybe you could get a limited jersey instead or a different color? Let me know you guys. Sucks, but you know :/.

I'll take a Small Sherman Grey if they have it in Game or whatever, otherwise go ahead and make it Navy. most of those limited jerseys look like terrible wacky gimmick BS

again I'll be out of town for a while relatively soon so if this takes any longer then get in touch with me before mailing it anywhere because I have no idea where I'll be and will need them shipped to a friend

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 17, 2013

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

89 posted:

Still waiting to hear from wheez so the order can continue.

I was really only in this for a Sherman jersey so at this point, if I could get my money back that'd be for the best. At this point there's no way I could have it delivered before I'm unavailable the next 3 months anyway.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

If that's the Russell Wilson jersey I had in my order, I'll buy it from you if it's M or S.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Man, this Wilson jersey is pretty iffy. The Seahawks electric green is almost olive army drab, and the stitching on the letters and numbers is all over the place too. Everything I've ever ordered from YukiJersey has been fantastic, I think I'll stick with them in the future. Thanks for putting that group order together anyway.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Rap posted:

Any interest in another round of jerseys? I kinda want to get a Jordan Cameron for my mom. I'm looking right now on Whatjersey.com, $42 for custom name, $35 for some players.

Is that where the last round of group buy jerseys came from? Because I got a Wilson jersey out of that and it's a total piece of poo poo, the colors are all off, the print is shoddy as hell, and it's just a real garbage of a fake. My yukijersey orders have all been flawless though, and their prices include shipping. Just buy from them, it's already reasonable price-wise and the quality is A++ top notch.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

there's no benefit in group buying though because yuki includes shipping in the price? also, even on the other site, group buying and bundling shipping only added up to like, a $6 discount on each jersey which idk but to me that's not worth the additional hassle. i mean yeah yuki might cost more but for the level of convenience and quality you won't find anything better for the price.

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 30, 2013

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The collar looks like crap on their website. Is it nicer IRL?

looks exactly the same as the ones in the pro shop. i compared them when I was wearing mine and went to a game. just take 5 minutes to trim a couple of the loose threads here and there and you're golden

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

TubeStank posted:

Here's the closeup (if you meant the Packers logo let me know):

Is there an NFL rule on conjoined twins or have we found the prototype sketch of a loophole for the ultimate 3-4 defense NT

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 25, 2013

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Chichevache posted:

The sale price isn't posted (it makes you go to the shopping cart first :wtf:)

have you like not shopped online in the past decade or something because that is absolutely A Thing that stores have been doing for like, as long as e-commerce has existed

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

lol

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

When was the other lockout?

2011 players CBA, 2012 refs

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Hockles posted:

Speaking of changing from an iconic color... I swear I heard a story of a school whose colors used to be pink and white. The school that sticks with me for this is Penn State. Am I making that up?

Wazzu was pink and powder blue for the colors of the Palouse sunrise for a while way back in the day, i wanna say 1910s to 1930s era maybe? I think it lasted over a decade

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Oct 26, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah I know that but I'm surprised Nike and the NFL haven't figured out how to shut the Internet sites down. Also didn't realize how convincing the knockoffs are

you can't just shut down sites, the FBI does from time to time but that only works if the site is based in the US. almost none are

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

I like the Hawks current uniforms a lot, but I'd like to see a return of silver pants and helmets to go with the dark blue tops; unlike most people I think our grey looks pretty good, but silver would be better. The white tops/grey pants look they wore in SB49 was sharp as hell too. It'd also be nice to see some throwbacks once in a while to the Largent era jerseys, the colors on those were so good and sadhawk is way better than smughawk :hawksin:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

D C posted:

I think this guy forgets that the helmets should be visible from Row ZZZZ in the stadium. All the intricate patterns and designs will be lost to anyone not holding the helmet in their hands or watching a closeup on TV at home.

teams stopped giving a gently caress about what you can see from your seats a long time ago. a few might have good sightlines and poo poo but the future is gigantic jerryworld sized monitors in the stadiums themselves so you can see what's happening. all of it is designed for TV and internet media these days and everything else is secondary.

also yes i'm still bitter about how loving garbage lucas oil was

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Forget the Titans

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Those have been our jerseys for almost 6 years now. Time for a refresh, that said the helmet that got cut out of that photo is the loving best helmet we've worn besides our regular helmet in forever.

My biggest issue with those is that unlike say LSU/Ole Miss/UCLA who have history with it, we don't I find them forgettable especially with the rotating cast of pants and helmets we've had the past few years. I want our uniforms to have a bit more brand identity to them.

you say you want a refresh, but really those pictured jerseys are sick as hell and won't be improved by a remake. 6 years is not a long time and if they're great why the gently caress change them?

the cougs current uniforms are decent and have grown on me since they first launched, but our 80s-90s unis were by far the best and I wish we'd go back to them. even the early 00's were good, but the single biggest problem with our current unis are that we no longer have any helmets with the Cougars cursive script logo, formerly our most iconic helmet.

seriously look at our 1981 jerseys, obviously they'd be more form-fitting now but the colors and patterns own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4sTPRZCRRY&t=245s

that whole video owns btw. narrated by Sir Keith loving "Grand Daddy of Them All" Jackson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

the Seahawks change was a lot more than a few years ago

what. it was 2012 like the thread title. if you mean the unis before that those were the same from 1974 to 2012 and they were awesome. there was nothing in between

• Locked thread