Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Is there a good place for college reproduction jerseys like there is for NFL stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ehud posted:

My dad bought me an authentic Marino jersey when I was a kid and my sister's boyfriend sold it to a pawn shop.

My aunt got me one in middle school and I wore it all the time until someone stole it in gym class and they never found out who :smith:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Has AliExpress cracked down on jerseys? I wanted to get a few UGA jerseys for the wife and there are none to be found.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I just went browsing there and it's a ghost town compared to what it used to be.

Has anything else popped up or is the dream finally dead?

I did end up finding one, by the way. I just tried looking again, and yeah pretty much everything is down. I dunno if there is a different place that jerseys are being sold from again.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 14, 2016

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Jerseyshop looks cool because it has kids and womens jerseys, which was an issue with AliExpress

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

There were some rumblings that UGA is due for an updated uniform kit and moving from the "old" Nike Pro Combat stuff to the Mach Speed stuff that is the current kit from Nike. I am dubious of this because there hasn't been any formal announcement, though the off-season is long and dark yet, and also the fact that at the spring game, they were in the Pro Combat stuff. I never really liked the collar from the Pro Combat style jersey, so it would be interesting to see how that comes along. Some dude made a full on design concept with everything from home, away, and alternate jerseys, as well as red and black britches to use too.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

the mean lunch lady posted:

UGA should go back to its old numbers

I agree but Nike did a branding review and it seemed like every sport had its own font, so they designed one for all sports.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So UGA is finally moving away from Nike's Pro Combat line (with the much maligned oversized "flyknit" collar) and switching to the newest Nike stuff, which is named Vapor Untouchable. I don't know who names stuff at Nike, but it is all a bit silly. Not so much of a huge change looking at them side by side other than the collar, but I read that the construction of the new stuff is supposed to be a bit nicer, more breathable, and a bit lighter. Personally I wish they'd either bring the block letters back or increase the stroke around the letters a little bit, other than that, hard to mess up red jersey, white numbers, and black collar. No word on actual silver britches though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Really hope that VT using just about every combination of our existing kit is to try and show diversity to recruits before we get something new next year. Please something new next year.

That said I really like how they've done the uniform reveals this year, and switching face masks is an easy way to get some extra out of our current stable of helmets.

https://twitter.com/HokiesFB/status/915709747252297728

I don't see them getting a full redesign any time soon because that is Nike's newest jersey kit.

• Locked thread