Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Just do it, Nike!

mbisonyes.gif

Seriously, bring this the gently caress back. Also, make the gold pants permanent and make them more mustard colored than McDonald's yellow. And fix it so the sleeves on the shirts have the same numer of stripes on the pants.

Or, really, just make a good, modern updated version of this (not the one we wore in the early 2000s that looked too much like Florida State with the pewter-type gold):

But seriously, if nothing else: bring back the spear. It owns. Hard.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Just found a page that shows all the Nike team gloves for next year:

http://nflspinzone.com/2012/01/28/nike-vapor-jet-gloves-invade-nfl-2012-pro-bowl/

Unfortunately, the Skins one still has the current logo on it, guessing we won't be switching up too much in 2012.

At least we've gone back to burgundy and gold at home instead of white/white, but I was hoping for something a bit fresh to leave the stench of the last 2 decades behind

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
So is there an official release date for the new Nike stuff?

I can post some 100% fake Skins pro combat mockups if anyone cares lol

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Heaf posted:

Nike's making their debut in April, so the draft will be the first time to see them in Action. Except Oakland.

Oh cool, so presumably we'll at least see the new shirts by/on April 26th

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
It's going to be a long drat wait til April. I actually just had a thought that the Skins might get something a little extra special in the new Jersey department since its the teams 80th season in 2012.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Bump. PFT says that Nike and the NFL unveil the new jerseys on April 3rd.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
These are just the draft hats too, I'm sure New Era will crank out more for the season. I'm not a huge hat guy myself but I'm really more excited to see what Nike does in terms of jackets, hoodies, etc, rather than just uniforms too. I generally like all of Nike's soccer accessories (even when they mess up my team's actual shirt :argh: ) so I bet their other NFL stuff will be nice too.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Febreeze posted:

oof, they have one like that for every team. Is that really the best they could come up with?

Yeah but its the ONLY Vikings one :stonk:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Getting back to Jerseychat... how in the world have these not leaked yet?

For those of you who also post in The Ray Parlour (I know there are a few of you in here, too), we all know Nike (and all other brands) new soccer jerseys leak months in advance. Barcelona's kit for next year has been leaked since before Christmas.

I, for one, do not feel like waiting until April 3rd to see the changes :goonsay:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I heard a rumor that the Skins are moving away from the Chief's Head logo and are going to feathers on the helmet and shoulderpads.

We shall see. I prefer the Spear over all, but anything over the Chief Head logo.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
The Redskins one is basically the same. Hopefully there are gold pants.

According to Brian Orakpo some teams (including the Redskins) opted to also have some alternates that are very different from the ones being modeled today, but he said the players weren't shown them yet and he wasn't sure when they're coming out.

If I had to guess a lot of teams will bust out alternates for home primetime games they have, like you see Nike NCAA teams do...

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
My wife loves football too and once told me to post here about Jason Campbell being on her plane to Charlotte, the season he ended up going to the Raiders. It ended up he was just going to like Cancun or something with his GF at the time.

e: Sorry, I guess you guys were kinda beyond wifechat...I had the tab open from earlier.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 5, 2012

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
The Redskins 80th anniversary alternate (not confirmed to be a throwback tho!) uniform to be unveiled on May 10th as part of other 80th anniversary festivities.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Haha oh God now I'm terrified to see the Skins 80th anniversary throwbacks that come out next month :stonk:

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 17, 2012

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Silly Burrito posted:

I want a team to go the complete opposite. Instead of anything fancy at all, I want to see an NFL team go as generic as possible. Just a white jersey with TEAMNAME/NUMBER on front.

Something like this, only in uniform style.

Are...are you not familiar with the Cleveland Browns?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Tomorrow we get to see if Nike did a better job on the Skins 80th anniversary throwbacks than the Steelers ones. Hoping something might leak today

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
HAha oh god the new Redskins uniforms are awful, we look like FSU colors without a spear or anything on the helmet, pewter gold aghhhh

will post pics as soon as some are available.

e:

Just awful

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 10, 2012

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Here are some high res versions, the 30's version of the logo on the shoulders is cool I guess, but I feel like we look way too FSU/BC/49ersish. I guess this is closer to how we looked in the 30s tho (thumbnailed the first two since they're huge)

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Okay, the leatherized helmet to go along witht he uniform is sweet

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I assume those are throwbacks and not full-time?

Yes these are 80th anniversary "alternates" to be used only twice this season, according to Bruce Allen.

Even better shot of the leatherized helmet, you can tell they went balls to the wall on the textures for HD sets:

And this is what the jerseys were based on:

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Just seeing the Skins in their new Nike digs. They look phenomenal, IMO. BTW, the gold pants are back. :D

• Locked thread